New Server - 6.12.4 - Nvidia Card - Issues

almulder
Go to solution Solved by almulder,

So I have a new server that I am working on getting ready, Fresh new Thumb Drive with 6.12.4 installed. I try and boot to GUI and non GUI mode, the screen stops responding at a line "ACPI: BUS TYPE DRM_CONNECTOR REGISTERED"

Read up its because I have and Nvidia card installed without the drivers installed. So i put in an Radeon card and that works fine, so I installed the nvidia driver, rebooted once back to GUI i shut down, swapped cards and its again stuck. I can access the GUI via IP address, but still locks up at "ACPI: BUS TYPE DRM_CONNECTOR REGISTERED" regardless if I select GUI boot or not.

Plus the nvidia driver page  it shows this:

image.png.739a08fb7c6185e476ff45c1bf530afd.png

Yet I have the latest driver installed.

image.png.aab1c2103512231707862198b6832d93.png

How can I get an nvidia card to work. 

Note:

Motherboard = ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI

Video Card: Nvidia GT 730

Edited by almulder
Added Motherboard Info
  • JorgeB locked this topic
  • ich777 unlocked this topic
  • Solution
On 9/5/2023 at 5:50 PM, Mainfrezzer said:

Just as a one off random chance shot in the dark.... You're not trying to boot in uefi mode are you? The 730 only works in legacy/bios mode. 

yes uefi mode, and i did get it to work, I had the most current firmware installed for nvidia, but that kept giving me issues, so I seen that ver 470.199.02 was listed and thought to give that a try. I installed that and the GT 730 booted into GUI mode without issue. Took me forever to figure out the issue but its resolved now.

image.thumb.png.77218ff2fa84f8ab10cbb84841898a4e.png

Edited by almulder
added pic
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, almulder said:

I installed that and the GT 730 booted into GUI mode without issue.

A GT730 is only compatible with the legacy v470.xx drivers but besides that, did you solve your boot issue?

Please next time use the support thread which is linked on the plugin page right at the Nvidia Driver.

• ich777 locked this topic