WebUI slow

RGauld
Go to solution Solved by RGauld,

No, I don't see the same running in safe mode...  So what do I do from here? upon a regular boot, web ui response is brutally slow, but in safe mode, the problem is no longer there... Is it ok/safe to run in safe mode for the time being? at least until the problem is resolved? All I can see

is the plugins are not loaded, but all the docker containers still run...

Edited by RGauld

ok, I've removed all the plugins, and the problem seems to be fixed...  I've reinstalled a few of the plugins I had before, and so far, so good...

However, now for the life of me, I can't get the array to autostart...  configuration is valid (although I'm not running a parity disk, as I have

no need for it). I have "autostart" enabled in disk settings, but the array just won't start automatically...  I've tried using the "new config"

option, but still no joy...  I'm at a loss... posting diagnostics...

rg-server-diagnostics-20230916-1036.zip

Edited by RGauld

It didn't autostart because disk2 was initially missing:

Sep 16 10:36:16 RG-SERVER kernel: mdcmd (3): import 2
Sep 16 10:36:16 RG-SERVER kernel: md: import_slot: 2 missing

It was initialized a few seconds later:

Sep 16 10:36:24 RG-SERVER kernel: ata3: SRST failed (errno=-16)
Sep 16 10:36:24 RG-SERVER kernel: ata3: limiting SATA link speed to 1.5 Gbps
Sep 16 10:36:24 RG-SERVER kernel: ata3: SATA link up 1.5 Gbps (SStatus 113 SControl 310)
Sep 16 10:36:24 RG-SERVER kernel: ata3.15: Port Multiplier 1.2, 0x197b:0x0562 r0, 2 ports, feat 0x5/0xf
Sep 16 10:36:24 RG-SERVER kernel: ata3.00: hard resetting link
Sep 16 10:36:25 RG-SERVER kernel: ata3.01: hard resetting link
Sep 16 10:36:26 RG-SERVER kernel: ata3.01: failed to resume link (SControl 0)
Sep 16 10:36:26 RG-SERVER kernel: ata3.00: ATA-7: H/W RAID0, 02101060, max UDMA/133
Sep 16 10:36:26 RG-SERVER kernel: ata3.00: 15627845632 sectors, multi 1: LBA48
Sep 16 10:36:26 RG-SERVER kernel: ata3.00: configured for UDMA/133
Sep 16 10:36:26 RG-SERVER kernel: ata3: EH complete
Sep 16 10:36:26 RG-SERVER kernel: scsi 3:0:0:0: Direct-Access     ATA      H/W RAID0        1060 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
Sep 16 10:36:26 RG-SERVER kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdp] 15627845632 512-byte logical blocks: (8.00 TB/7.28 TiB)
Sep 16 10:36:26 RG-SERVER kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdp] Write Protect is off
Sep 16 10:36:26 RG-SERVER kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg15 type 0
Sep 16 10:36:26 RG-SERVER kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdp] Mode Sense: 00 3a 00 00
Sep 16 10:36:26 RG-SERVER kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdp] Write cache: disabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
Sep 16 10:36:26 RG-SERVER kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdp] Preferred minimum I/O size 512 bytes
Sep 16 10:36:26 RG-SERVER kernel: sdp: sdp1
Sep 16 10:36:26 RG-SERVER kernel: sd 3:0:0:0: [sdp] Attached SCSI disk

Try replacing cables, also ideally you'd use that Adaptec controller in non RAID mode

• Solution

to reply to both issues, with your help I've solved the array autostart issue. It was an external eSATA Raid enclosure that was causing the problem.

I've removed it from the array, and the autostart is working properly again, (although I'm at a loss to explain why, as it was working fine before).

As to the slow WebUI, I've narrowed it down to the "Unraid Connect" plugin...  After installing it, the slow WebUI issue returned... I uninstalled it, and

the WebUI response time went back to normal...  obviously there is an issue with the "Unraid Connect" plugin.

2 hours ago, RGauld said:

to reply to both issues, with your help I've solved the array autostart issue. It was an external eSATA Raid enclosure that was causing the problem.

I've removed it from the array, and the autostart is working properly again, (although I'm at a loss to explain why, as it was working fine before).

As to the slow WebUI, I've narrowed it down to the "Unraid Connect" plugin...  After installing it, the slow WebUI issue returned... I uninstalled it, and

the WebUI response time went back to normal...  obviously there is an issue with the "Unraid Connect" plugin.

I've created an internal ticket for us to take a look – most likely late this week or early next week due to scheduling.

I can confirm RGauld's findings. I also had Web GUI responsiveness issues that were resolved by (just) removing "Unraid Connect". I find myself wishing there was a disable plugin option now.

I will probably keep it off this server since it is stuck behind a double NAT anyway. I don't see the value of the plugin if I can't remote connect.

Edited by aburgesser
  • 3 months later...

Hi, just want to confirm that I had the exact same issue with the UI being painfully slow and after removing the Unraid Connect plugin, the UI is back to loading at normal speeds. Beforehand it was taking a minute plus to load any page in the Unraid UI. The issue indeed started around version 6.12.4. (I am currently on 6.12.6)

• 2 months later...
On 1/7/2024 at 12:26 PM, eldridgeh said:

Hi, just want to confirm that I had the exact same issue with the UI being painfully slow and after removing the Unraid Connect plugin, the UI is back to loading at normal speeds. Beforehand it was taking a minute plus to load any page in the Unraid UI. The issue indeed started around version 6.12.4. (I am currently on 6.12.6)

I have been looking for answers and this was it along with realtek nic bonding in network settings. HOWEVER! It seems after the latest update for Unraid Connect (I wanted to give it a try), the slowness is gone Completely!

So if people are having sluggish web gui:

-Disable bonding in network settings if you have a realtek nic (make sure you have eth0 connected to your network or you will be disconnected). 

-Update or remove Unraid Connect plug-in. 

For comparison: it took about 20-30 seconds to load my docker tab before changes. It took 10-15 seconds when I disabled bonding. It is now around 1 second with current update of Unraid Connect plug-in. 

Hey, when I updated to 6.12.8, the major slowness returned. There was an issue if you had a special characters in your server description, it was causing slowness. I think they fixed it with the latest update. I had a ' in my model description and when I removed it in 6.12.8, the slowness was resolved. 

Did you happen to have a special character in your server description?

Edited by eldridgeh