Server not able to shut down.

frodr

I updated the bios. That went well....... Now the mobo is stuck on C6. No matter what I do, it stops there. I removed every nvme and pcie card possible. C6 is not referenced in the manual. But I see a few people out there have had this problem. Hummm. I am in contact with Asus support........., for what it's worth .... RMA is requested at the Reseller. 

The mobo (server1) is totally stuck in C6. I talk to Asus Support, a very strange conversion. They say it can (suddenly after bios update) be the RAM sticks. And refers to a QVL list with tested/approve RAM. Going thru this iten by item (long list), it is only 2 R-DIMM in 3200, one of the not available anywhere. Asking about this I get this answer:

"

We have forwarded this feedback to our HQ as well as with the parts and bios information

Regarding the QVL, it is only a recommended list, and other memory modules can work as well, but that is something that is not guaranteed in those cases, but we have asked them to check if there is any upcoming updated QVL with more modules, we understand why it might be problematic

The problem is often that since our Research and Development is located in Taiwan only, they cannot often not get memory modules from the Nordic market to test, but I inquired about this to see if they could help with that 

The sad thing is that our market here in the Nordic is very small compared to others when it comes to ECC memory, and its more common that people buy non ECC memory even for workstation products, or that many buys pure server products which is another type of market completely"

According to Asus HQ Support, we have RAM sticks only for the Nordic market, and Asus HQ do not no how to order products Worldwide. What a strange Company.