[Support] binhex - bitmagnet

18 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

which means what is working inside prowlarr isn't going to work in the 'arrs unless I move them inside the vpn.

this is not true, it's not a 'everything in or not' case here, you can get prowlarr to talk to sonarr even when not on the same network (i do just this), you need to simply set the env var in the vpn network, either VPN_INPUT_PORT or VPN_OUTPUT_PORT depending on what is talking to what.

1 minute ago, JonathanM said:

Oh, I misunderstood, I thought the indexers you added to prowlarr were synchronized and updated to the arrs. So the only indexer listed in the arr's is the local prowlarr after you get everything set up?

you will see multiple indexers defined for each arr BUT if you look at the url for each you will see they are all pointing at prowlarr, prowlarr is a proxy in effect, with the nice side effect that it means you only need to secure that single point, no need for proxy on each arr any more.

Just now, binhex said:

this is not true, it's not a 'everything in or not' case here, you can get prowlarr to talk to sonarr even when not on the same network (i do just this), you need to simply set the env var in the vpn network, either VPN_INPUT_PORT or VPN_OUTPUT_PORT depending on what is talking to what.

Not quite what I meant, see my previous reply, I thought the indexer settings you added to prowlarr were replicated to the arr's. Which would mean the localhost setting that works to hit bitmagnet inside the vpn wouldn't work, because the arr's needed the full IP.

1 minute ago, binhex said:

you will see multiple indexers defined for each arr BUT if you look at the url for each you will see they are all pointing at prowlarr, prowlarr is a proxy in effect, with the nice side effect that it means you only need to secure that single point, no need for proxy on each arr any more.

Got it, I hope.

I swear I read the documentation.

• Like 1

I finally got a few minutes to install this but I’m confused about the configuration. From the docs it looks like there should be a config.yml file but I don’t see one in appdata. Do I need to create one? Also not sure how/where to configure this docker to use privoxy on my qbittorrentvpn docker. There don’t appear to be any settings in the docker’s webui.

Edited by wgstarks
12 minutes ago, Bookingyo said:

is there a way to omit categories to be crawled?

There's this. You'd need a config file for it though. Where that should be located is asked in the post right above yours.

2 hours ago, wgstarks said:

From the docs it looks like there should be a config.yml file but I don’t see one in appdata.

There's some info here.

• Thanks 1

Well I like the concept but this thing has created nearly 4GB in less than 24 hours so there's no way using this is sustainable.

Another thing that happened was as soon as I connected it to prowlarr and let it run for like 30min, a BUNCH of movies started upgrading.  

Which is cool I guess but several of them didn't follow the custom profile I have set up. 

For instance, I have negative score for Hindi language in my movies so that I never get Hindi, but the process of using bitmagnet completely ignored that.

Several movie upgrades just flat out ignored my setup like that.  

And one said it was one movie, then when I go to watch it, was a completely different movie (probably nothing to do with bitmagnet but also has never happened before).

I want to like this app but those two problems mean I have to turn it off.

And if I can make suggestions, of course dark mode but also exclusions. 

Like I don't care about adult torrents, music, comics. So it'd be nice to disable those.

Alright that's all and like I said, great concept!

4 hours ago, Silentlightning said:

Hi Binhex, is there a reason the container only works in bridge mode rather than with a host or custom network?

just curious as i normally run each container on a custom network to make it easy to avoid port clashes & identify which server is hosting the container.

I'd like to know this too - all my apps run in custom mode rather than on the host IP so they can each have their own IP address, and be automatically routed through my VPN which is running on my firewall. (It's more reliable than running a VPN container on my unraid server).

12 hours ago, wgstarks said:

rom the docs it looks like there should be a config.yml file but I don’t see one in appdata.

Its optional, i will take a look at this as i see further requests for configuration.

12 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Also not sure how/where to configure this docker to use privoxy on my qbittorrentvpn docker.

you cannot using privoxy with this container, privoxy is a http(s) proxy, traffic generated from this container is not http(s), it's bittorrent, if you want to secure connection then share the network from a vpn enabled container.

10 hours ago, Araso said:

There's this. You'd need a config file for it though. Where that should be located is asked in the post right above yours.

There's some info here.

10 hours ago, Bookingyo said:

is there a way to omit categories to be crawled?

Thanks for this i will take a look at creating a config, as mentioned in my previous post it's optional.

5 hours ago, Silentlightning said:

Hi Binhex, is there a reason the container only works in bridge mode rather than with a host or custom network?

just curious as i normally run each container on a custom network to make it easy to avoid port clashes & identify which server is hosting the container.

you can run it in host mode if you like, it should still work, custom network you are on your own, but again it should work.

5 hours ago, DevanteWeary said:

but this thing has created nearly 4GB in less than 24 hours so there's no way using this is sustainable.

I did warn ya ;-):- see point 2:- 

Having said that do keep in mind you are going to see diminishing returns here, it will not keep consuming 4GB every day, as there will no doubt be a lot of duplicates found which will be skipped as the database grows so you should find the size of growth slows down considerably. I am also going to look into the creation of the config.yml which will allow you to filter out categories you don't want, further reducing the size of growth.

5 hours ago, DevanteWeary said:

but several of them didn't follow the custom profile I have set up. 

For instance, I have negative score for Hindi language in my movies so that I never get Hindi, but the process of using bitmagnet completely ignored that.

I would think that's a sonarr issue, as long as bitmagnet is showing the index title name correctly then the filtering is all on sonarr, you can see details of the feed by going to http://<server ip>:3333/torznab/api?t=search&q=<my search criteria>

And if I can make suggestions, of course dark mode

I'm not the developer of this app, if you want to ask for new features then do so here:- https://github.com/bitmagnet-io/bitmagnet/issues

12 hours ago, DevanteWeary said:

Another thing that happened was as soon as I connected it to prowlarr and let it run for like 30min, a BUNCH of movies started upgrading.  

Which is cool I guess but several of them didn't follow the custom profile I have set up.

A quick and dirty workaround I'm using is:

Settings -> Download Client -> then open whichever client you're using and set 'Initial State' to 'Pause'.

This way torrents will still be grabbed but at least you can allow or reject manually if need be. Understandably, this might not work for everyone's situation. If nothing else, it can give you some breathing space to add extra custom formats to filter out the more... exotic naming schemes you'll undoubtedly find that you've never seen before. After all - this will scrape everything from everywhere and they're not all using scene-approved naming schemes.

this is great, thank you!!

two questions...

1.do i need to pass all the ports through my vpn container or just webui?  when i use "curl ifconfig.io" on the bitmagnet container i am correctly getting my vpn public ip.

2. in bitmagnet webui how can i set up where i can click the magnetlink and have it sent directly to my deluge container?  bitmagnet is going through the vpn in deluge.

49 minutes ago, knights_of_pine said:

do i need to pass all the ports through my vpn container or just webui?

Just WebUI port.

49 minutes ago, knights_of_pine said:

click the magnetlink and have it sent directly to my deluge container

That's not a thing at the moment. I can't see any mention of it, at least. I feel like it's designed more to be connected to something else and searched from there, with a fallback to doing it manually if need be.