jangjong's Subsonic (4.8) Plugin

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for your answer.

The port is 4040 but I can't set it in the app. I even tried to append :4040 to the URL but this didn't help.

I can't believe that the official Android App doesn't work - there are so many positive ratings ...

Is there something I need to set in the Subsonic Server settings to get the app to work?

Thanks for this plugin.

Do you know how to get Subsonics Android App to work. I tried with "http://Tower" and "http://192.168.178.23" within my LAN but I do receive an error "Do not understand the result...". Playing media thru a browser is no problem.

Many thanks in advance.

In settings, do you have server address as 'http://192.168.178.23:4040'? Is "192.168.178.23" the address of your unraid server?

Do you have the correct Username/password set as well?

You get the error when you hit 'Test Connection' ?

Thanks for doing that!

In settings, do you have server address as 'http://192.168.178.23:4040'?'>http://192.168.178.23:4040'? Is "192.168.178.23" the address of your unraid server? Do you have the correct Username/password set as well? You get the error when you hit 'Test Connection' ?

Yes, it's working now. I had to reboot the unRAID machine, wait some time (Subsonic seems to have a long start) and then it worked with both variants (http://Tower:4040, http://192.168.178.23:4040) immediately.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

hi all,

first a short thanks to jangjong for looking into all my (partially insane) requests. i didn't expect much, but highly appreciate you taking the time to check on it.

so now to my actual problem. i guess i have that as long as i use the subsonic plugin, just never noticed. i usually sort my media files out before i put them on my unraid box. so, i guess, that's why i never noticed before.

just earlier i came across one of my older albums, when opening it the cover was missing (the dreadful black box with a key in it). so far so bad. so i went to change (the link just below). all good, it lists cover choices and the whole nine yards. i choose, save go back... no change. in the meantime i tried it with a bunch of other albums. same thing, whole process is fine - it just doesn't change jacksh*t!

now my actual question, is it just me? anybody else noticed that as a permanent issue. do i just miss sth in my settings for subsonic/ unraid?

any help would be welcome. i assume it is me screwing up somewhere along the line, but can't figure it out so far myself.

thx, L

• 1 month later...

I want to install this subsonic plugin on my unRAID 4.7 version.  Is it supported or do I have to update to the beta versions?

I tried following the installation instructions but I got the error:

-bash: installplg: command not found

Plugins are only available in v5 of unRAID (since around beta11 if I recall correctly).  You will not have the installplg command on a 4.7 system and will not be able to install this or any other plugin unless moving to a recent beta of v5.

how stable are the latest betas?  I've been waiting forever for v5 final to be released but I'm really wanting to upgrade now.  I really want to add 4TB drives to my array and now this plugin feature seems extremely useful.

but obviously my most important priority is keeping my data safe, so I want to know if anyone has actually lost data by using one of the recent betas available for unRAID or if it is safe enough to upgrade now?

• 2 weeks later...

how stable are the latest betas?  I've been waiting forever for v5 final to be released but I'm really wanting to upgrade now.  I really want to add 4TB drives to my array and now this plugin feature seems extremely useful.

but obviously my most important priority is keeping my data safe, so I want to know if anyone has actually lost data by using one of the recent betas available for unRAID or if it is safe enough to upgrade now?

the last betas are very stable, however rc16c seems to cause issues for jangjong's subsonic plugin (ss 4.7 as well as 4.8). one reason why i stick with rc15 at this point. all seems to run just nicely there. unfortunately jangjong moved on to new fields and is not really actively supporting his plugin. one has to hope for somebody equally talented to pick up on his work.

while i had no 'real' hdd failure yet, i simulated them with crapped out drives. and no, no loss. as 5rc15/ 16 should suggest, it is very close to 5.0. offers many advancements plus solving of 4.7 bugs. i guess it is only still rc because of perfectionism on the dev end  :)

UPDATE: i went to a complete reinstall as part of a update experiment to unraid 5.0 final. yep, the whole 8.5yrd. after installing 5.0 and making sure it works the next was the the jj-ss 4.8 plugin. everything else had/has to wait. it seems to work nicely. what leads me to think my former probs with unraid 5rc15b and up might have been probs caused by my unraid config/ settings/ plugins before. (i complained about some probs periodically over time, but all was always working with rc15a).

anyway, "one" prob seemingly persists. i don't blame that on jj's plugin at all. i had the same issue before with a ss install on a non-unraid machine. for the longest time i never have a complete list of recently added files (under home screen - recently added) after running a full update (actually it shows a lot more - nearly all - during the update process) after finishing just few and between albums. i remember that as permanent annoyance since using ss. maybe to do with the size of my modest collection??? on the other hand, never had a (low on/ out of) memory problem (always enough allocated). any other experiences along this line would be very welcome (pref. with solution  ::) )

cheers, L

jangjong... thanks for the great plugin!

I'm running into an issue where my DB folder is getting corrupted.  I need to delete this folder and start from scratch when this happens.  I believe it happens when unraid cannot successfully shut down because it cannot unmount all filesystems.  Have you heard of/run into this problem before?  Is there something with subsonic that could be preventing unraid from unmounting?

Thanks in advance!

First of all a big THANK YOU for making this plugin. I've been running Subsonic 4.7 for a long time but would like to update to 4.8. Can I just replace the .plg and restart my server, or what is the best upgrade process? I would of course like to keep all my settings and configuration.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm testing it now, but have one question that may be a lot faster than fiddling.

Is it possible to have the unraid server actually output from the soundcard? For example, I have the unraid server connected to home audio receiver. Then use the android app to control what is playing. It seems like the best solution, but I worry about sound card drivers working with unRAID.

• 4 weeks later...

jangjong... thanks for the great plugin!

I'm running into an issue where my DB folder is getting corrupted.  I need to delete this folder and start from scratch when this happens.  I believe it happens when unraid cannot successfully shut down because it cannot unmount all filesystems.  Have you heard of/run into this problem before?  Is there something with subsonic that could be preventing unraid from unmounting?

Thanks in advance!

so far never experienced that myself with subsonic (even after having to do a 'hard' shutdown myself). however, i noticed the same issue before with calibre (being parked on my unraid server as well).

did you try 'clean-up database' and run new db scan from unraid gui? just a 1st step. might not solve your issue. just thinking start at the least annoying level of trying to solve the issue.

• 1 month later...

i'm having the same issues ...

It goes down every 3 or 4 days.  I need to completly delete the subsonic folder, and reinstall everything back from scratch.  Then re-add my media folder, and the whole thing need to be done in 3-4 days.

The last time subsonic crashed, java was taking 100% of my CPU, now, there is no reason why subsonic doesn't work.  Since unRAID is at 5.0 final stage, i completly reinstall unraid.  New drive, new mobo, new ram, same CPU (i5) and got the trouble since.  I have MySQL, Sabnzbd, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, Headphones, and of course, Subsonic.  Since the last week, i downloaded nothing on SAB.., no TV show was added, no movies was added ...

I really don't understand.

i'm having the same issues ...

It goes down every 3 or 4 days.  I need to completly delete the subsonic folder, and reinstall everything back from scratch.  Then re-add my media folder, and the whole thing need to be done in 3-4 days.

The last time subsonic crashed, java was taking 100% of my CPU, now, there is no reason why subsonic doesn't work.  Since unRAID is at 5.0 final stage, i completly reinstall unraid.  New drive, new mobo, new ram, same CPU (i5) and got the trouble since.  I have MySQL, Sabnzbd, Sickbeard, Couchpotato, Headphones, and of course, Subsonic.  Since the last week, i downloaded nothing on SAB.., no TV show was added, no movies was added ...

I really don't understand.

i never had any of this probs. than again - all i have installed beside unraid (obviously) is subsonic. well, ok apc plugin as well. i suggest a general cleanup (uninstall all the plg's) and work your way up slowly. it might be a prob between 2 or more plugins. for me it is easy, since all i am interested in is music. the unraid 'machine' functions as a big NAS device in my setup (only exception subsonic) feeding other devices in my network. subsonic is my link to feed me all that at work and entertain my friends. nice to have. your needs might be different. i still recommend slow step by step elimination process.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys.. sorry i've been MIA in this thread.

i'm not gonna lie, i've been lazy.

I originally edited someone else's Subsonic plugin because it was broken.

I fixed it to use it for myself in unRAID and when it worked I thought I would share it with unRAID community, so I did.

However, I have moved off from using unraid plugins now and I am kind of losing my motivation to keep up with this.

I can't really do much about corrupted database or Subsonic acting up because.... all this plugin does is just install Subsonic.

I am not a developer of Subsonic and I am not in any way involved in Subsonic development.. so that's another reason why I can't help you with some of your problems.

if someone else can take over this plugin like I once did before, that would be great.. but otherwise, i probably won't be updating this plugin anymore

sorry guys

Any ideas from following instructions ?

I am looking for a solution to play my media from unraid... didn't like how PLEX worked for mp3s so I thought I'd try this.

root@UnRAID:~# installplg /boot/config/plugins/subsonic-4.8-6.0jj.plg

installing plugin: subsonic-4.8-6.0jj

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/b

oot/config/plugins/subsonic-4.8-6.0jj.plg" in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line

xml parse error

root@UnRAID:~#

Guess I need proper instructions on how to install this ....  or I'm just retarded and I am missing something , do I have to install 4.7 first then install 4.8 ?

Hm, been messing with this, can't seem to get it to install on the server. What am I doing wrong ?

Did you download subsonic-4.8-6.0jj.plg into the plugin folder?

Any ideas from following instructions ?

I am looking for a solution to play my media from unraid... didn't like how PLEX worked for mp3s so I thought I'd try this.

installing plugin: subsonic-4.8-6.0jj

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/b

oot/config/plugins/subsonic-4.8-6.0jj.plg" in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line

xml parse error

root@UnRAID:~#

Guess I need proper instructions on how to install this ....  or I'm just retarded and I am missing something , do I have to install 4.7 first then install 4.8 ?

This error happens when there isnt a file at /boot/config/plugins/subsonic-4.8-6.0jj.plg

New stuff is: interface, DLNA, year and genre to albums, album artist support.

Thought you might release an updated plugin with this version of Subsonic. Or maybe you'll wait until 4.9 is out of beta and in regular release.

thanks!

Sorry, not sure if you read my last post but i probably won't be updating this plugin anymore

Yes I downloaded the plugin into the folder, and ran as per OP. not sure why I got the error, but I wanted to try this application for my music get it setup and going. When it is installed properly will it appear in the settings tab like plex does ?

I tried again to be sure, did a reboot too... I ran :

And get the same error. The plg is in ....

\\UNRAID\flash\config\plugins\subsonic-4.8-6.0jj.plg