XBMC Standalone Library Updater for UnRAID

bobbintb,

Thank you for this great plugin!

I was encountered some difficulties getting it to run, but it seems that xbmc server is now running on my unraid machine (permission issues\lang, db, etc.)

I am now facing a whole different problem. The scanner is not scanning any new data, and the library is almost empty:

14:12:26 T:1126906688 NOTICE: Thread CVideoInfoScanner start, auto delete: false
14:12:26 T:1126906688 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
14:12:26 T:1126906688 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanStarted from xbmc
14:12:26 T:1126906688 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
14:12:26 T:1126906688 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanFinished from xbmc
14:12:26 T:1126906688 DEBUG: Thread CVideoInfoScanner 1126906688 terminating
14:13:58 T:1119206272 NOTICE: Samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections

Logic tells me its probably because I have not defined the content type (= Movies, TV Shows, etc) for each source, as I would do in the GUI of a regular XBMC set up, and since these are not options in the sources.xml nor in the advancedsettings.xml

Am I correct to assume the above? if so, where would I go to define these?

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just figured out how my n00b mistake, and let other learn from it;

XBMC saves the scrapper settings in the db. since my DB was empty, it assumed no files were needed to be screapped. After I configured the content type and scrapper through the XBMC GUI on another machine, now XBMC server (on UNRAID) can run the scan.

Looks like I'm good to go :)

I got both XBMC Library Updater and trakt addons working in salud.  :D Easy as cut and paste. I have a small issue though. Since XBMC Library Updater runs on a cron job I wanted salud to be on the correct time. I modified guisettings.xml to my timezone which did change the time in the logs but it seems like it changes it self back. Here's a snippet of the log, close to the beginning when salud is started (4:30am was the correct time) :

04:36:11 T:1118560880  NOTICE: load settings...
04:36:11 T:1118560880  NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
04:36:11 T:1118560880  NOTICE: loading special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml
04:36:11 T:1118560880  NOTICE: Getting hardware information now...
04:36:11 T:1118560880    INFO: Using analog output
04:36:11 T:1118560880    INFO: AC3 pass through is disabled
04:36:11 T:1118560880    INFO: DTS pass through is disabled
04:36:11 T:1118560880    INFO: AAC pass through is disabled
08:36:11 T:1118560880  NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/playercorefactory.xml.
08:36:11 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerCoreConfig::<ctor>: created player DVDPlayer for core 1
08:36:11 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerCoreConfig::<ctor>: created player oldmplayercore for core 1
08:36:11 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerCoreConfig::<ctor>: created player PAPlayer for core 3
08:36:11 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: system rules

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4

Yeah that's the one.  Checked the system clock and it's correct.  It's weird that it starts out with the right time but then changes (before I edited the guisettings.xml,  I think the time stayed the same but of course it was wrong)

Only thing I've noticed wrong with the script/addon is it been running the library clean function at random times on its own.  I have it set to run after a library update but when looking at the logs it's been running a hand full of times during the day.  Yet the library update has only ran once (and it does clean right after it)  I'll have to bring it up with robweber

Doesn't look like that worked.  It looks like it's changing from the correct time to the wrong time just after loading:

03:44:25 T:1118560880  NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/

Which should be over ridden by advancedsettings.xml which is accessed after that. Unless I messed up the advancedsettings.xml file. Log bellow.  Though it's not really a big deal,  I know the time is ahead by 4hrs so I just adjusted my cron job accordingly.  It just seems strange.

03:44:25 T:1118560880  NOTICE: Found 0 Lists of Devices
03:44:25 T:1118560880  NOTICE: load settings...
03:44:25 T:1118560880  NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
03:44:25 T:1118560880  NOTICE: loading special://masterprofile/guisettings.xml
03:44:26 T:1118560880  NOTICE: Getting hardware information now...
03:44:26 T:1118560880    INFO: Using analog output
03:44:26 T:1118560880    INFO: AC3 pass through is disabled
03:44:26 T:1118560880    INFO: DTS pass through is disabled
03:44:26 T:1118560880    INFO: AAC pass through is disabled
07:44:26 T:1118560880  NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/playercorefactory.xml.
07:44:26 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerCoreConfig::<ctor>: created player DVDPlayer for core 1
07:44:26 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerCoreConfig::<ctor>: created player oldmplayercore for core 1
07:44:26 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerCoreConfig::<ctor>: created player PAPlayer for core 3
07:44:26 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: system rules
07:44:26 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: rtv
07:44:26 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: hdhomerun/myth/mms/udp
07:44:26 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: lastfm/shout
07:44:26 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: rtmp
07:44:26 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: rtsp
07:44:26 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: streams
07:44:26 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: aacp/sdp
07:44:26 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: mp2
07:44:26 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: dvd
07:44:26 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: dvdimage
07:44:26 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: sdp/asf
07:44:26 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: nsv
07:44:26 T:1118560880   DEBUG: CPlayerSelectionRule::Initialize: creating rule: radio
07:44:26 T:1118560880  NOTICE: Loaded playercorefactory configuration
07:44:26 T:1118560880  NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml.
07:44:26 T:1118560880  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml does not exist. Skipping.
07:44:26 T:1118560880  NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml)
07:44:26 T:1118560880  NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
07:44:26 T:1118560880  NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
                                            <advancedsettings>
                                              <videodatabase>
                                                <type>mysql</type>
                                                <host>192.168.1.199</host>
                                                <port>3306</port>
                                                <user>xbmc</user>
                                                <pass>xbmc</pass>
                                              </videodatabase>
                                              <musicdatabase>
                                                <type>mysql</type>
                                                <host>192.168.1.199</host>
                                                <port>3306</port>
                                                <user>xbmc</user>
                                                <pass>xbmc</pass>
                                              </musicdatabase>
                                              <videolibrary>
                                                <backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate>
                                                <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
                                              </videolibrary>
                                              <videoscanner>
                                                <ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
                                              </videoscanner>
                                              <locale>
                                                <audiolanguage>original</audiolanguage>
                                                <charset>DEFAULT</charset>
                                                <country>USA (12h)</country>
                                                <language>English</language>
                                                <subtitlelanguage>original</subtitlelanguage>
                                                <timezone>America/Toronto</timezone>
                                                <timezonecountry>Canada</timezonecountry>
                                              </locale>
                                            </advancedsettings>
07:44:26 T:1118560880 WARNING: VIDEO database configuration is experimental.
07:44:26 T:1118560880  NOTICE: Getting hardware information now...

did do check the actual guisettings file before and after? i doubt anything is actually reverting the settings back. it's got to just be something we are overlooking. i suggested using the advancedsettings because, as you know, that will override anything in the guisettings file. other than that it's hard to pinpoint. comparing it with the guisettings of another would rule the settings. it seems like it might be using the correct time and then compensating for time zone or something. You could instead of adjusting the cron job by 4 hours, adjust the clock in xbmc or the timezone by 4 hours.

Here are my time settings in guisettings.xml

<subtitlelanguage>original</subtitlelanguage>
        <timezone>Europe/Paris</timezone>
        <timezonecountry></timezonecountry>

here is mine as an example:

<locale>
        <audiolanguage>English (US)</audiolanguage>
        <charset>DEFAULT</charset>
        <subtitlelanguage>English (US)</subtitlelanguage>
        <timezone>America/Boise</timezone>
        <timezonecountry>United States</timezonecountry>
    </locale>

i dont mess around with these settings much but maybe you need something in the "timezonecountry" field. i also wonder if there is an issue having country as USA and timezone as Europe/Paris. you could try backing up your settings and using mine, just to see if it changes. then we would know if it is a settings issue with xbmc or not.

Hi Guys, I'm trying to get this set up. I'm at the step where trying to get XBMC to connect to the database over the LAN.

I can remote in with heidiSQL and manage the database usually but as soon as I try to connect to it by Launching XBMC I start to get the error attached.

XBMC starts on my network PC but I cannot "Set content" on any of the shares that I have created. The shares are SMB and in the correct format since I set them up using XBMC and they are in teh format Tower:// etc. Mysql log attached as well.

192.168.1.6 is the IP of the PC on my network running XBMC.

Please let me know if there is any other info i can offer up to assist.

Kind regards

Nokoff

connection_errors.PNG.793bd3cbe6ddd97205c814bb33a22de4.PNG

sql_log.txt

i'd like to give this a shot and was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not my custom script would work as-is or do i need to make any changes? as far as i know it's just a standard json command from sabnzbd

#!/bin/bash
echo "curl -s -H \"Content-Type: application/json\" -u xbmc:xbmc -X POST -d '{\"jsonrpc\": \"2.0\", \"method\": \"VideoLibrary.Scan\", \"params\":{\"directory\":\"smb://tower/x264/rls/\"}, \"id\": \"scan\"}' http://openelec-upstairs:80/jsonrpc" | sed 's_rls_'"$3"'_g' | sh

i'm hoping to just change the hostname/port and it would work?

EDIT: screw it, i'll give it a shot and hopefully will be able to answer my own question.

i did have another question though..

where do i put my sources/advancedsettings.xml files? in the gui i set my data location as /mnt/cache/.apps/salud which is how i have all my other apps setup.. do my xml files go in /mnt/cache/.apps/salud/userdata or in the original location /config/plugins/xbmcsalud? right now i have them in both.. would like to get rid of whatever i don't need if possible.

getting a whole mess of access denied for user 'xbmc'@'localhost' any ideas?

all my xbmc installs use the same username 'xbmc' and those appear to still be working.

mysql> show databases;

+--------------------+

| Database          |

+--------------------+

| information_schema |

| MyMusic32          |

| MyVideos75        |

| Tower              |

| mysql              |

+--------------------+

mysql> SELECT host,user from mysql.user;

+-----------+------+

| host      | user |

+-----------+------+

| %        | root |

| %        | xbmc |

| 127.0.0.1 | root |

| Tower    |      |

| Tower    | root |

| localhost |      |

| localhost | root |

| localhost | xbmc |

+-----------+------+

8 rows in set (0.00 sec)

xbmc.txt

what does 'SHOW GRANTS' for xbmc display?

did you verify the password?

mysql> show grants for xbmc;

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| Grants for xbmc@%                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      |

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, RELOAD, SHUTDOWN, PROCESS, FILE, REFERENCES, INDEX, ALTER, SHOW DATABASES, SUPER, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, LOCK TABLES, EXECUTE, REPLICATION SLAVE, REPLICATION CLIENT, CREATE VIEW, SHOW VIEW, CREATE ROUTINE, ALTER ROUTINE, CREATE USER, EVENT, TRIGGER ON *.* TO 'xbmc'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '*EC4F5173DE994BFEAB7040A4A32B4ED6DE26F6F0' |

1 row in set (0.00 sec)

pw should be good i do mysql -u xbmc -p and login with xbmc and it gets me to the prompt

did you try this?:

ii. Enter the following commands, pressing enter after every line:

CREATE USER 'xbmc' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc';
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'xbmc';
\q

yeah, didn't work for me. :(

let me clarify this part.. i did the commands again (had to originally do during initial mysql setup a while back) but getting access denied as root when i do them now.

i thought i got this because the user was already created and it was already granted everything.. because i tried adding another user and it worked. am i correct in this assumption? or is there a deeper permissions issue somewhere?

i may be mistaken but i dont think you can login as xbmc in order to grant xbmc rights. try logging in as root and granting permissions again. if that doesnt work post the output for when you attempt to grant permissions.

yes i was logged in as root when running those commands

root@Tower:~# mysql -u root -p

Enter password:

Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.

Your MySQL connection id is 114

Server version: 5.5.30-log Source distribution

Copyright © 2000, 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its

affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective

owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

mysql> CREATE USER 'xbmc' IDENTIFIED BY 'xbmc';

ERROR 1396 (HY000): Operation CREATE USER failed for 'xbmc'@'%'

mysql> GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'xbmc';

ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

mysql> GRANT ALL ON MyVideos75.* TO 'xbmc'@'localhost';

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> GRANT ALL ON MyMusic32.* TO 'xbmc'@'localhost';

Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

found the problem, even as root it didn't like *.* so i had to specify dbname and it worked.