XBMC Standalone Library Updater for UnRAID

dalben, could you check your advancedsettings.xml in you plugins folder and the guisettings.xml in $DATADIR/portable_data/userdata/ and see what the values are for <backgroundupdate> or if it doesnt exist at all?

there should be one for the video library and one for the audio library.

advancedsettings.xml:

<videolibrary>

<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>

<hideemptyseries>false</hideemptyseries>

<recentlyaddeditems>50</recentlyaddeditems>

<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>

<backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate>

<dateadded>0</dateadded>

</videolibrary>

I don't have an audio library section.

guisettings.xml: doesnt exist

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guisettings.xml won't be in the plugin config folder. it will be buried in the data folder. unless it was somehow deleted it is there somewhere as it is part of the package. regardless i mainly needed the other one as i can get a look at the default guisettings.xml. i did find a mistake in it but i dont know if that is the culprit i thought it was.

1.2 Running fine here.

Has anyone else noticed that the Update Library button and link from Sick beard only seems to kick off a TV show update, and not a Movies update ? I'm assuming it's something to do with the content type.  tvshows, which isn't movies.

SB doing tvshows only I understand, but xbmcsalud should do both. The logs don't show any movie source being updated, only tv ones.

I am having some issues.

Inside the XBMCSalud Settings:

Port, Username, Password: These are the XBMC/Services/Webserver settings correct?

The file output to guisettings.xml, when copying those to the Unraid corresponding directories (both flash and data) they get overridden., making those settings disappear.

When using command:

rc.xbmcsalud videoscan

I get this:

Starting Video Library Scan

curl: (7) couldn't connect to host

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=113181

I am having some issues.

Port, Username, Password: These are the XBMC/Services/Webserver settings correct?

The file output to guisettings.xml, when copying those to the Unraid corresponding directories (both flash and data) they get overridden., making those settings disappear.

When using command:

rc.xbmcsalud videoscan

I get this:

Yes, those are for the webserver. What do you mean by the file output to guisettings.xml? To make changes to guisettings.xml you should first stop salud from running. I'm not sure if it is technically necessary but always a good idea. Then you can make changes to the one located in the plugin folder on the flash drive (/boot/config/plugins/xbmcsalud).

Are you able to connect to the host by other means?

On my computer XBMC, inside the guisettings.xml it has webserver enabled/user/pass/port. The guisettings.xml on the server version doesn't have that information in there. When I turn off the Salud, copy over my guisettings.xml, turn on Salud, the settings erase to someother default guisettings.xml. When punching in the http://ServerIP:9091 nothing happens. When doing the same options on my PC http://PCIP:9091, web services opens up right away.

I am having some issues.

When using command:

rc.xbmcsalud videoscan

I get this:

Yes, those are for the webserver. What do you mean by the file output to guisettings.xml? To make changes to guisettings.xml you should first stop salud from running. I'm not sure if it is technically necessary but always a good idea. Then you can make changes to the one located in the plugin folder on the flash drive (/boot/config/plugins/xbmcsalud).

Are you able to connect to the host by other means?

Blrgh! Sorry, I misspoke. It's been one of those days. I even have to retype this because I accidentally hit refresh.

Anyway, guisetting.xml is stored in your data directory ($DATADIR/portable_data/userdata/guisettings.xml) and has webserver enabled by default. There isn't even an option to disable it. It does not need to be copied over from anything like advancedsettings.xml does. You really shouldn't need to copy it over for any reason that I can think of. Any changes that might need to be changed in this file can be changed from the webui (username, password, port). Locate the files and make sure the settings for the web server are correct. If they are not, there might be a permissions issue preventing this.

The default is definitely being overridden. Soon as I stop and start Salud, the settings change to FALSE for web server. I chown guisettings.xml root:root and ran Salud as different user and that stopped it. Now when I http://tower:9091 it prompts for login/pass and it works, but then its "File not found".

When using command:

rc.xbmcsalud videoscan

I get this:

{"id":"mybash","jsonrpc":"2.0","result":"OK"}

But no movies are added....

Bleh

Blrgh! Sorry, I misspoke. It's been one of those days. I even have to retype this because I accidentally hit refresh.

Anyway, guisetting.xml is stored in your data directory ($DATADIR/portable_data/userdata/guisettings.xml) and has webserver enabled by default. There isn't even an option to disable it. It does not need to be copied over from anything like advancedsettings.xml does. You really shouldn't need to copy it over for any reason that I can think of. Any changes that might need to be changed in this file can be changed from the webui (username, password, port). Locate the files and make sure the settings for the web server are correct. If they are not, there might be a permissions issue preventing this.

1.2 Running fine here.

Has anyone else noticed that the Update Library button and link from Sick beard only seems to kick off a TV show update, and not a Movies update ? I'm assuming it's something to do with the content type.  tvshows, which isn't movies.

SB doing tvshows only I understand, but xbmcsalud should do both. The logs don't show any movie source being updated, only tv ones.

I would like to note that SickBeard is only meant for TV shows not for movies, that is what Couch Potato is for.

Having said that It's not Saluds fault movies are not updating. I have the same issue with Couch Potato and Xbmc on a Raspberry Pi running RaspBMC and OpenElec.

The database will not update any movie content at all. It will only update if it is triggered manually from within XBMC.

I always assumed something in Couch was broken.

Not sure what you're using for your movies though.

Right now I'm trying out the Watchdog service Add on for XBMC to remedy this.

1.2 Running fine here.

I would like to note that SickBeard is only meant for TV shows not for movies, that is what Couch Potato is for.

Having said that It's not Saluds fault movies are not updating. I have the same issue with Couch Potato and Xbmc on a Raspberry Pi running RaspBMC and OpenElec.

The database will not update any movie content at all. It will only update if it is triggered manually from within XBMC.

I always assumed something in Couch was broken.

Not sure what you're using for your movies though.

Right now I'm trying out the Watchdog service Add on for XBMC to remedy this.

I'm having the same issue as dalben, using the "Video Library Scan" button from within the plugin page only updates my TV shows, the movie folder is never touched.

My sources.xml is as such:

<sources>
    <programs>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://TOWER/Movies/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>TV</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://TOWER/TV/</path>
        </source>
    </video>
    <music>
        <source>
            <name>Music</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://TOWER/Music/</path>
        </source>
    </music>
    <pictures>
    </pictures>
</sources>

The TV folder is scanned fully, but the Movie is never entered.

I will take a look at it. That bit of code was submitted by another user. He may have written it that way or it may be a different issue.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Just wanted to add some possibly useful information...

I recently changed installation from Windows to OpenELEC, noticing that upon setting everything up my TV folder had correctly set the content as "TV" while the Movie had no content set, and i had to reset it manually, afterwards working properly.  I'm wondering if this is related, as it sounds very similar, perhaps the content type is not being updated correctly in the  MySQL db.

My system is still partly down for hardware issues until parts arrive from China. Can xceph or dalben (or anyone else having issues with movies not updating) try running this curl command from terminal and see if it updates the movie?:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=129402&pid=1293591#pid1293591

I'm pretty sure it won't work and the issue lies elsewhere but I just need to verify.