XBMC Standalone Library Updater for UnRAID

bobbintb

nerv, the issue you have is due to Simplefeatures wanted an older version of sql, download my updated plg file in the attached zip file on this previous thread http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=27037.msg238893#msg238893

should fix that bug for you, I am curious why you didn't see this before with your other plugins installed.

I use torrents exclusively with CouchPotato and SickBeard, so no Sabnzbd is probably why. Thinking back, when I first installed simplefeatures I was having issues. Around the same time I removed sab and eventually simple features started working, so I'm guessing that fixed my issues (unbeknownst to me).

I'll give this a try. Also a huge thanks for this plugin, this will save a noticeable portion of my power bill.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chance someone could post their working advancedsettings.xml (changing the username/password as necessary)?

I ran into the missing language issues last time but as this might be solved I was going to try again. I'm running a shared database system at the moment but just wanted to verify exactly what settings people were adding.

Tolax

Mine looks like this:

<advancedsettings>

<loglevel hide="false">2</loglevel>

<videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>tower</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>tower</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </musicdatabase>

<videolibrary>
        <backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate>
        <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
    </videolibrary>

<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
      <regexp>[\\/\._ -](20[0-9]{6})_.+\.ts</regexp>  <!-- Match NextPVR date as a season -->
    </tvshowmatching>

<powermanagement>
        <wakeonaccess>true</wakeonaccess>
    </powermanagement>

</advancedsettings>

The tvshowmatching and powermanagement sections are custom to my setup and not needed in a normal setup.

Alright so I tried what you said in the other thread. I deleted the sqllite dependency in simpleFeatures and the openssl in sab (I have it installed still even though I don't use it), but unfortunately the webui still doesn't work. I'm not getting a page not found error anymore though, now it just asks me to log in, and then displays an empty page.

Any ideas or logs I can provide for you?

Alright so I tried what you said in the other thread. I deleted the sqllite dependency in simpleFeatures and the openssl in sab (I have it installed still even though I don't use it), but unfortunately the webui still doesn't work. I'm not getting a page not found error anymore though, now it just asks me to log in, and then displays an empty page.

Any ideas or logs I can provide for you?

Try this from the command line.

installpkg /boot/packages/pcre-8.12-i486-1.txz

Edit your xbmcsalud.plg from

<FILE Name="/boot/packages/pcre-8.32-i686-1PTr.txz" Run="upgradepkg --install-new"> 

To

<FILE Name="/boot/packages/pcre-8.32-i686-1PTr.txz" Run="installpkg"> 

Bobbintb may thanks for your work on this plugin... For 2 days I have been trying to get it to work... perhaps someone can help.

SOLVED PLEASE READ BELOW

I have installed it, configured it... and I see the webgui perfectly. It seems to be running fine as well. See webgui below:

salud1.jpg

My problem is that when I try to connect my Sickbeard to this XBMC, and I click the Test button, it says it cannot make connection.

My /mnt/cache/.custom/xbmc/portable_data/userdata/advancedsettings.xml looks like this:

<advancedsettings>
  <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
  <cputempcommand>cputemp</cputempcommand>
  <gputempcommand>gputemp</gputempcommand>

<samba>
    <clienttimeout>18</clienttimeout>
  </samba>

<network>
    <disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
  </network>

<videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.0.201</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </videodatabase> 

<musicdatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host>192.168.0.201</host>
        <port>3306</port>
        <user>xbmc</user>
        <pass>xbmc</pass>
    </musicdatabase>

<videolibrary>
  <hideallitems>true</hideallitems>
  <recentlyaddeditems>95</recentlyaddeditems>
  <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
  <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
  <backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate>
</videolibrary>

<musiclibrary>
    <backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate> <!-- set to hide the music scanner dialog from the gui -->
</musiclibrary>

<splash>false</splash>

</advancedsettings>

My /mnt/cache/.custom/xbmc/portable_data/userdata/sources.xml file looks like this:

<sources>
    <programs>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <source>
            <name>Videos</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/storage/videos/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://TOWER/Media/Movies/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>TV</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://TOWER/Media/TV2/</path>
        </source>
    </video>
    <music>
        <source>
            <name>Music</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://TOWER/Media/Music/Papi/</path>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://TOWER/Media/Music/Mami/Artists/</path>
        </source>
    </music>
    <pictures>
        <source>
            <name>Pictures</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/storage/pictures/</path>
        </source>
    </pictures>
    <files>
    </files>
</sources>

My Sickbeard Notification screen looks like this:

salud2.jpg

My unRAID only has one user which is root... I do not need any security as my router has the ports closed.

I have tried setting SALUD to use "root" and "nobody". I have also tried setting an xbmc password, and tried othert port numbers as well.

My unRAID is hosting it all, Sab, SB, CP, and SALUD.... the ip of unRAID is 192.168.0.201.... not sure if this is the problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated....

Thanks again!

H.

EDIT

The solution was in this post.... reading the log file is what gave me the clue.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=27545.msg249972#msg249972

I am up and running!! Thanks...

So I wasn't able to get mine fully working yet, but a couple issues I had to solve a few issues to get past where you are.

1. Check the ui for to see if there is a running xbmc process. Mine was failing to start at first because some folders weren't created and then it needed the english language file.

2. If it's running, check that the webserver is set to true in the gui settings.

Once I fixed those things I could send updates. My issue now is getting my library to rescan now that xbmc is running locally :).

So I wasn't able to get mine fully working yet, but a couple issues I had to solve a few issues to get past where you are.

1. Check the ui for to see if there is a running xbmc process. Mine was failing to start at first because some folders weren't created and then it needed the english language file.

2. If it's running, check that the webserver is set to true in the gui settings.

Once I fixed those things I could send updates. My issue now is getting my library to rescan now that xbmc is running locally :).

Those 2 things seem to be common issues with this plugin.  I have not had the time to dig into them, not to mention I am not at all familiar with xbmcsalud so the build process for that package is foreign to me.

Need this in my life! I don't keep any of my HTPC's on 24/7 so I've been looking for something like this so I don't need to leave my laptop on 24/7 to get the updates.

Is this ready for primetime yet or still some things to be worked out?

Need this in my life! I don't keep any of my HTPC's on 24/7 so I've been looking for something like this so I don't need to leave my laptop on 24/7 to get the updates.

There are some bugs to work out but it's stable.

As soon as I install this XBMCSalud looks like mysql plugin no longer automatically starts when the array boots up.  It was working fine before and I have now tested on both NAS devices and it seems that they wont auto start anymore after Salud is installed.

Is this because Salud is starting before mysql?  Is there anyway to change this?

As soon as I install this XBMCSalud looks like mysql plugin no longer automatically starts when the array boots up.  It was working fine before and I have now tested on both NAS devices and it seems that they wont auto start anymore after Salud is installed.

Is this because Salud is starting before mysql?  Is there anyway to change this?

Unraid loads plugins alphabetically. What makes you think MySQL isn't starting? Does it display it somewhere on the plugin page? The two plugins don't have much to do with each other per se. You just need a certain version of MySQL for XBMC SaLUd to work. If you don’t have it, it will give you an option to update your MySQL.

It works for a me.  A couple of issues where the db didn't update and then the db user lost rights, but its been smooth for a while.

Every now and again I need to restart the SQL plugin but its a minor annoyance

Did you have any trouble getting your database to update? My updater would just run in 0 seconds and clearly not do anything :/. Haven't quite given up yet though, just haven't had the time.

I am having this problem but have not had to much time to really look into it.  If I do and I fix it I will be sure to post.

My Salud died again inexplicably after 10 days of server up time.

This has been a thing on my server for a while now.

Aug  6 06:33:13 Tower kernel: xbmc-server.bin[22433]: segfault at 2f8 ip b6571fad sp b42adeb4 error 4 in libpthread-2.11.1.so[b656a000+15000] (Errors)

Hate to just add a me too but I had mine die a little while back after a couple weeks of up time.  Took me a few days to notice so I couldn't get anything from the log.  All I had to do was restart the plug in from the gui and it's been running for a few weeks so far.  I know this would just be masking the problem but it would be nice if it could monitor itself and is the process isn't running then execute a restart of the plug in.  Um fortunately there little indication that it's not running,  you just have to realize it's been a few days since xbmc has found any new to content which prompts you to check if the sauld process is running.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4

i dont know what can be done about the crashing. maybe a recompile with a different version of certain packages. running xbmc headless is still very kludgy. but i was thinking along the same lines of self monitoring. i'll add it to the ever growing to do list. shouldn't be too difficult though. i can have the plugin add a script to the cronjobs to check every so often to see whether the service is reported as running and verify that the process is actually running.

Unraid loads plugins alphabetically. What makes you think MySQL isn't starting? Does it display it somewhere on the plugin page? The two plugins don't have much to do with each other per se. You just need a certain version of MySQL for XBMC SaLUd to work. If you don’t have it, it will give you an option to update your MySQL.

SQL doesn't start, it says on the plugin GUI and you can't access the db through HeidiSQL.  So I have to restart it manually.  I have tested this on two boxes now and it happens on both, however I think I found out a fix.

If I install it to /mnt/cache/mysql - It's fine and will always restart.

If I install it to /mnt/cache/.app/mysql - I have to manually start it from the plugin page on reboot.

Just a tip if anyone has the same issue as me.

Archived