XBMC Standalone Library Updater for UnRAID

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, what is the biggest reason you use trakt? I never used it mainly because the only reason I would want it was so I can keep better track of the status of my shows when sickbeard upgrades the quality of an episode/file. But I have since found a better solution.

99% of the reason is for TV Show progress, a screen shot of it here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166111&pid=1433635

Other reason is its a way to have a backup of your watched status, there are other ways but this works well. A few other reasons also. I now share XBMC with someone else so the only real way to keep track of what you have watched is have a manually updated library, which can be done in trakt. Really hoping for multiple users with one mysql library support coming to XBMC, looks promising but its a ways off yet.

Thanks for this - looks like a really good plugin - I am having problems though :(

I cant get it to successfully start  I'm running the latest build (rc12a) and I already had mysql installed - the installplg steps went through fine, my problems start when I try to start the app.

(I've checked/confirmed advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml btw)

It just doesnt start listening on the right port - so I tried to fire the app from the  terminal using :

sudo /mnt/user/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/.apps/xbmcsalud/xbmc-server --no-test --nolirc -p

This is the message I get :

/mnt/user/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/.apps/xbmcsalud/xbmc-server: error while loading shared libraries: libGLU.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

any pointers welcome

Thanks for this - looks like a really good plugin - I am having problems though :(

I cant get it to successfully start  I'm running the latest build (rc12a) and I already had mysql installed - the installplg steps went through fine, my problems start when I try to start the app.

It just doesnt start listening on the right port - so I tried to fire the app from the  terminal using :

/mnt/user/xxxxxxxxxxxxx/.apps/xbmcsalud/xbmc-server: error while loading shared libraries: libGLU.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

any pointers welcome

Looks like it's missing a shared library. Regardless, the posted version has other issues that are being sorted out. Wait for the next release. I'm hoping to get that out this week. No promises though.

Thanks for this - looks like a really good plugin - I am having problems though 

any pointers welcome

this libs is in my package in dumpTrack folder (and all other needed depends)

mesa-glu-9.0.0-i686-1PTr

https://truck.it/p/YkeZ6fDu1A

Just an FYI that the xbmcSaLUD-0.0.3-i486-1.tgz file is not longer available in the dropbox location.  I'm getting a 404 not found error.

sorry about that. it didnt work right anyway. im trying to get something this week put together but it's been a hell of a week.

made a new test version. there will likely be issues, especially with the gui. since i havnet had much time to test the actual program part lately i figured i should try to at least get something out this week so others that have the time might want to. make sure and read the instruction on the first post as there have been changes. let me know if there are any issues.

I had to create is manually, even after running it it wouldn't create the dir.

Also I wanted to add that when I hit apply in the http://tower/Settings/xbmcsalud menu the port # disappears from Port: input field.

I had to input the port number manually in the xbmcsalud.cfg file. Still not sure what this port is meant for.

My datadir="" and runas="" in the xbmcsalud.cfg file are empty, are they supposed to be?

Right now this plug in is not working for me, any help would be appreciated.

People here are also talking about a web interface?

The datadir and runas don't do anything. I was planning on removing them so for now they are only partially removed. The port is the port the web server runs on. If I remember if the guisettings.xml exists then it will work, otherwise it will be blank. I will take a look when I get the time.

Quickly tried this, installed the plg but the settings seem to have disappeared, on the original plugin I was running this in mnt\cache\.apps\xbmc\ tried rebooting but still no option to change this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ok, i have a new version and i think most things should be fixed now. it worked when i tested it but it was a quick test. i have had mixed results with things working and then quit working for seemingly no reason but i think i have gotten to the core of most of my issues.

on a quasi-related topic i just thought i'd mention this sickbeard pull request i made. i figured many other users here would have similar use for it as i would. i use it in my setup but am waiting for it to be pulled into master.

http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7183

the issue i was having that prompted this was that when sickbeard replaced a file with a better copy xbmc could not track this. it could only know that the old file was deleted and the new one was added. so it wouldnt keep the watched status and such. so i created this to fix it so that sickbeard would update the record instead of deleting and adding.

and before anyone mentions it i am aware of trakt but it wasnt quite what i was looking for.