New unmenu pluging: myMain

SSD

I've dug into myMain a little - since I'm on a mac I had funny symbols

I realized that you can customize those and I found Webdings, Wingdings, etc. not supported on my mac

I looked for unicode symbols and I thought I'd share my GUI Setting:

#---------------- GUI SETTINGS / OTHER CUSTOMIZATIONS ---------------------

# unicode for usage on a mac - qrismac

SetConstant(PassedHtml,    "<font face=\"Unicode\" size=\"4\">&#10003;</font>")    # check mark on smart view

SetConstant(FailedHtml,    "<font face=\"Unicode\" size=\"4\">&#10007;</font>")    # x mark on smart view

SetConstant(NetworkHtml,  "<font face=\"Unicode\">&#8623;</font> ")                    # ligthning symbol on performance view

SetConstant(SpinHtml,      "<font face=\"Unicode\" size=\"4\">&#8634;</font>")      # circle with arrow - shows drive is spinning

SetConstant(NospinHtml,    "<font face=\"Symbol\" size=\"4\">-</font>")            # long dash - shows drive is not spinning

SetConstant(BulletHtml,    "<font face=\"Unicode\">&#8900;</font> ")              # bullet used in smart_fail_lst

SetConstant(SortAscHtml,  " <font face=\"Unicode\" style=\"color:cyan\">&#9650;</font>")

SetConstant(SortDescHtml,  " <font face=\"Unicode\" style=\"color:cyan\">&#9660;</font>")

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've dug into myMain a little - since I'm on a mac I had funny symbols

I realized that you can customize those and I found Webdings, Wingdings, etc. not supported on my mac

I looked for unicode symbols and I thought I'd share my GUI Setting:

#---------------- GUI SETTINGS / OTHER CUSTOMIZATIONS ---------------------

# unicode for usage on a mac - qrismac

SetConstant(PassedHtml,    "<font face=\"Unicode\" size=\"4\">&#10003;</font>")    # check mark on smart view

SetConstant(FailedHtml,    "<font face=\"Unicode\" size=\"4\">&#10007;</font>")    # x mark on smart view

SetConstant(NetworkHtml,   "<font face=\"Unicode\">&#8623;</font> ")                    # ligthning symbol on performance view

SetConstant(SpinHtml,      "<font face=\"Unicode\" size=\"4\">&#8634;</font>")       # circle with arrow - shows drive is spinning

SetConstant(NospinHtml,    "<font face=\"Symbol\" size=\"4\">-</font>")            # long dash - shows drive is not spinning

SetConstant(BulletHtml,    "<font face=\"Unicode\">&#8900;</font> ")              # bullet used in smart_fail_lst

SetConstant(SortAscHtml,   " <font face=\"Unicode\" style=\"color:cyan\">&#9650;</font>")

SetConstant(SortDescHtml,  " <font face=\"Unicode\" style=\"color:cyan\">&#9660;</font>")

If you put those lines in a myMain_local.conf file they should take priority over the myMain.conf file and not get over-written when you next check for updates of unmenu.

I agree, bjp999 did a super job in structuring the myMain plug-in.  It made my work on the "main" page look plain by comparison  :(.

Don't feel bad though, my two original Hitachi 500Gig drives have 38156 and 38031 hours on-time respectively.  (4.35 years)  Sounds about right, I think my unRAID server will be 5 years old this October.  Just think, they were the biggest available at the time, and cost over $300 each (ouch)... and yesterday I ordered a new 2TB 7200 RPM Hitachi drive and it only cost $134.99 ... shipped.  4 times the storage, and less than half the cost.  :'( 

Joe L.

• 5 months later...

I have created an update of my “myMain” plugin for unmenu.  Joe L. is doing some testing for me and will be releasing it through his unmenu upgrade process.  I will leave to him to post specific update instructions.

The biggest new feature of myMain is the addition of GRAPHICS!  In the past unmenu and its plugins were limited to the awk Web server feature which only allows one simultaneous web request.  This prevented it from serving graphics.  But I fooled emhttp into being an image web server for unmenu.  The way I did it is by creating a symbolic link in the /var/log directory to an images directory on the flash drive.   emhttp is able to serve the syslog file from the /var/log directory, so I was hopeful that if I put a symbolic link in that directory to a directory on the flash, that emhttp would be able to follow that link and serve up images.  And it worked!!  This opens the opportunity for unmenu and all unmenu plugins to become more graphical.  

You’ll see that the myMain interface has been sprinkled with graphics.  Most include hover text to convey additional information.  For example, the status icons give you a graphical idea of the status, but by hovering an error icon you get more detailed information about the cause.

This version of myMain also fixes the HDIO_GET_IDENTITY messages in the log.  These seem harmless, but I believe that each one causes the drive to spin up and immediately get spun down by unRAID.  This happens so fast you can’t see it, but is the equivalent of starting and stopping your car over and over again for no reason.  The only time you should see such messages is if your cache drive is on the SAS controller.  For that reason, it is advisable to NOT have your cache disk on the SAS controller.  (You can also get this message if non-array disks - like disks you are preclearing - are on the SAS controller.  The HDIO errors are not a big deal if you are preclearing, because the disk is already spinning and it does not get spun down.)

Along with the graphics features I have made it possible to include a column on your server to display a picture of your web server.  I picked a picture of the Norco servers for the sample image, but by updating the “MyServer.JPG” and “MySlots.JPG” files in the images folder to contain either stock or personal photos of your server, you can personalize myMain to your unique server.  This, in combination with being able to customize the views and columns, helps myMain fulfill its goal of letting users personalize their experience.

Below are a couple of screenshots to give you a glimpse of what’s coming.

Many thanks for Joe L. for his help with testing this new version.  

defaultview.jpg

inventoryview.jpg

Looks great!  Thanks for all the hard work.

Soon enough... I'm still working out the details of how to deploy it through unmenu_install.

(I've had to make changes to unmenu_install, since it never had to deal with sub-directories before, and never had to deal with binary objects either .. the image files )

I'm in the testing mode.

Joe L.

Looks great!  Thanks for all the hard work.

Soon enough... I'm still working out the details of how to deploy it through unmenu_install.

(I've had to make changes to unmenu_install, since it never had to deal with sub-directories before, and never had to deal with binary objects either .. the image files )

I'm in the testing mode.

Joe L.

Thanks for the hard work Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on this?

bjp999 was working on some small enhancements...  I was just waiting on him as I think I'm ready with the changes needed to the unmenu_install program.

I suppose I could deploy it as is and then just update it when he is ready but I've been absolutely swamped with things to keep me busy so I did not feel the need to pressure him.

Any update on this?

bjp999 was working on some small enhancements...  I was just waiting on him as I think I'm ready with the changes needed to the unmenu_install program.

I suppose I could deploy it as is and then just update it when he is ready but I've been absolutely swamped with things to keep me busy so I did not feel the need to pressure him.

Be patient.  A few more substantial enhancements are being added over and above the graphics.

• 3 weeks later...

Question...?

Is this an implementation of something that will not see the light in UnRaid or is this something been built to supplement and later on be ready to integrate into UnRaid...?

It is a very useful app...!

myMain is a plugin to unmenu that I developed.  I have no relationship with LimeTech (except for being an unRAID customer).  Tom (unRAID author) has never expressed interest in bundling myMain into unRAID, but I would certainly be interesed in discussing with him were he to be interested.

unmenu itself was built by Joe L. (with some updates by me and others).  Many have contributed plugins and package manager configurations that are available in unmenu.  Neither Joe L. nor any of the contributors (that I am aware of ) have any relationship to LimeTech (except being unRAID customers).

So to answer your question, this is totally indepedent of unRAID and is provided free of charge (at least for now ;)) to community members.  There is no warranty, and it is totally supplied "as is".

I've updated unmenu today and MyMain is not displaying spining status any more for me I tried with IE, FF and Chrome as well. I know you are working on the new version so if this is something difficult to troubleshoot and not even worth the effort because the new version will overwrite everything then I will patiently wait for it, but if it just something easy bit which I missed (as usual :) ), then it would be greatful if you could help me out with it.

This is more than likely cause by the Transmission package and a combination of other things along with it.

JoeL and I know about the issue and are working to figure it out.

Check out the Transmission thread for an idea of what is going on.

Sorry for any problems this may have caused...

We might need Joe L's help. I am not sure exactly what happened with your update. I am also away from home til Saturday without any ability to access my server to investigate.

Did you install the new version of hdparm?  It is involved in determining if the drive is sleeping or awake. If sleeping, temperatures cannot be read.

Did you install the new version of hdparm?  It is involved in determining if the drive is sleeping or awake. If sleeping, temperatures cannot be read.

Yes, it is installed.

I might have to note that this was the first update since ~March, not sure if it is important.

edit: if I copy back the previous files from the backup folder (created by the update process), then the spin status comes back.

I also ran the update last night. I posted about it in the unMenu thread.  I'll try here as well.

after running the update, the mymain tab no longer shows one of my drives.  Instead in it's place my flash drive is listed.  It seems to have mashed the 2 drives together.  It shows my flash drive as being 2TB and 65% full.  My flash is really 4GB.

They are all visible and shown correctly in the unRaid main tab.  

On a bright note, all the HDIO_GET_IDENTITY failed for '/dev/block/8:32'  errors have stopped when the new hdparm was installed.

I also ran the update last night. I posted about it in the unMenu thread.  I'll try here as well.

after running the update, the mymain tab no longer shows one of my drives.  Instead in it's place my flash drive is listed.  It seems to have mashed the 2 drives together.  It shows my flash drive as being 2TB and 65% full.  My flash is really 4GB.

They are all visible and shown correctly in the unRaid main tab.  

On a bright note, all the HDIO_GET_IDENTITY failed for '/dev/block/8:32'  errors have stopped when the new hdparm was installed.

Looks like I updated

drivedb.lib.awk

to the version intended for the new myMain bjp999 is still developing.

Just copy the older version back to the unmenu folder from the backup folder where it was copied when you last updated the files.

Joe L.