*DEPRECATED* Deluge BitTorrent Server & Client for unRAID 6.1

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which version of unraid? I assume your still on 5.

Yes, im on 5.

I found this https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=117969

but I don't know how it applies to unraid. I had a similar problem with plex. I acutally have to edit plex's "exportsettings" file to remove "export LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8"

export LANG="en_US.UTF-8" before it will start.

Sorry for the late reply but I'm not sure how to fix this.  I'm on 6 and all I show for locale -a is

C
POSIX
en_US.utf8

There's a few threads on here about locale issues.  Which version of 5 are you on?  There were some changes in beta5

slack: change system default locale to "en_US.UTF-8" and include those locale files in /usr/lib/locale.

Hey, thanks for getting back to me. I was on 5.04 but I just downloaded 5.05 after seeing your post. I forgot there might be an updated version.

I am running unmenu, control pannel, ventrillo, plex, latest webgui, ssmtp, mysql, php, power down script

Please see my syslog here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5La5meKkHedVVJtLXIyZHp1cGc/edit?usp=sharing

All I saw was up till the deluge plugin installed.  It doesn't show the other plugins installing so i can't see which is conflicting.  I did notice it said the webui plugin didn't install and was empty.  Maybe clear out /boot/plugins and reinstall latest webui again.  Also there were some sata frozen and reset errors on ata8 but I didn't see a drive connected to ata8. Maybe loose sata cable or bad cable.

I don't think i have anything connected to SATA 8, infact I believe I only have 6 SATA connections and 2 ATA connections, the ATA are unconnected.  I'll look into this and see what it might be complaining about.

I feel stupid, I just reverted to a vanilla unraid and I still couldn't connect to the web interface.  I've been using chrome.  I just switched to firefox and I connected without issue.  I reverted to my old setup of plugins and packages, and voila it seems to be working fine with firefox.  Chrome still can't connect to my main page.  I did have an ongoing issue with the old python uninstalling the new python, I fixed that by removing the old python package PLUS I had to remove the transmission plugin and dropbox plugin (both were not in use, and I'm not sure which one was doing the python 2.6 install).

• I would drop the v5 addon. The package sources are a frankestein of wrong repos and clashes with other addons.

I added some more declaimers to the original post. In fact, I upgraded to unRAID 6 and now use a VM with Deluge installed on that.

NAS / dmacias,

It sounds like you both are in agreement that the plg for unRAID 5.0 should be removed due to the high potential of the plugin causing conflicts with other addons? I am happy to remove it if you both think it should go. Although, part of me thinks if a user really wants to use Deluge on unRAID 5 they should have the choice but the other part of me says just keep it simple...  ;D

Nah I don't think it should be removed.  I think as long as the python version is inline with the other updated plugins it should be fine. 2.7.3 or whatever phaze decides. It just sucks that there aren't more mainstream repositories. I wish more would move on to 6 just for better package support.

Try this python package for unraid 5:

<FILE Name="/boot/packages/python-2.7.3-i686-5PTr.txz" Run="upgradepkg --install-new">

<URL>--no-check-certificate https://dl.dumptruck.goldenfrog.com/p/Vq3zpArAKB/python-2.7.3-i686-5PTr.txz?dl=1</URL>

<MD5>644b5f3f14e76aaa5b43f01a50d8defa</MD5>

</FILE>

That's what mine are currently using. It's a custom python that isn't so picky about openssl version and won't break compatibility with cheetah and yenc if you app uses those.  If not, try it out and see if it still runs, then we can run the same version.

Try this python package for unraid 5:

<FILE Name="/boot/packages/python-2.7.3-i686-5PTr.txz" Run="upgradepkg --install-new">

<URL>--no-check-certificate https://dl.dumptruck.goldenfrog.com/p/Vq3zpArAKB/python-2.7.3-i686-5PTr.txz?dl=1</URL>

<MD5>644b5f3f14e76aaa5b43f01a50d8defa</MD5>

</FILE>

That's what mine are currently using. It's a custom python that isn't so picky about openssl version and won't break compatibility with cheetah and yenc if you app uses those.  If not, try it out and see if it still runs, then we can run the same version.

I always used piotrasd's python on all my plugins when I was on 5. It should work.

• 3 months later...

Hi

I am trying to install this Deluge plugin on Unraid 6.0-beta5a.

I followed steps 1 and 2 in the first post of this thread with no problems.

After typing in the following via telnet as per step 3:

installplg /boot/config/plugins/deluge_64.plg

I get the following error:

plugin: creating: /boot/packages/deluge-1.3.6-x86_64-1ponce.txz - downloading from URL http://ponce.cc/slackware/slackware64-14.1/packages/deluge-1.3.6-x86_64-1ponce.txz

plugin: checking: /boot/packages/deluge-1.3.6-x86_64-1ponce.txz - MD5

plugin: bad file MD5: /boot/packages/deluge-1.3.6-x86_64-1ponce.txz

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Thanks! I ended up deleting all the <MD5> .. </MD5> lines for all packages in the plugin, as was throwing up that same error for each package.

I now have the deluge settings page on webui, but cannot get it to start.

At one point after hitting the start button the status at bottom left displays the following message. not sure if that has anything to do with it?

12345667891011deluged.pid not created for some reason... OK

I have set install directory to /mnt/disk1/apps/deluge and left port as default...

• 3 months later...

Got everything up.

But the password deluge is not logging in.

It keep rebooting back asking password.

Any chance of overcome this.

You can try deleting the web.conf file in your appdata directory.  You need to stop deluge first. Also it will reset all your webui settings. There is also a python script.  Look here

http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Faq#HowcanIresetthepassword