unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta4-x86_64 Available

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully we can get 3.14 on the next beta.

Why 3.14?  3.12 is the latest "long term supported" series and upcoming -beta6 includes 3.12.18.  Wondering if you know of a specific requirement for using 3.14...

Iinm schoolbusdriver said that 3.14 would have the required commits to make xen work with nvidia card without faking it as a quadro2000 card. Can someone else confirm this?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Add another one for the "vector 02 not implemented" issue causing a hard freeze that PeterB mentioned before.  Machine was stable for about a week prior to that, nothing that I'm aware of happening on the machine.  Plugins in use were cache_dirs, and apcupsd, with 1 virtual machine (iron badgers images with SAB/SB/CP/Plex running).  I saw the following 3 lines repeated (couldn't capture syslog since it was a hard freeze causing a power on/off reset) on the concole.

XEN:  Vector x02 not implemented

CPU Stall detected on CPU4

NMI Sent to all CPUs

After reboot all appears to be working correctly.

Add another one for the "vector 02 not implemented" issue causing a hard freeze that PeterB mentioned before.  Machine was stable for about a week prior to that, nothing that I'm aware of happening on the machine.  Plugins in use were cache_dirs, and apcupsd, with 1 virtual machine (iron badgers images with SAB/SB/CP/Plex running).  I saw the following 3 lines repeated (couldn't capture syslog since it was a hard freeze causing a power on/off reset) on the concole.

XEN:  Vector x02 not implemented

CPU Stall detected on CPU4

NMI Sent to all CPUs

After reboot all appears to be working correctly.

yep same as my crash then, according to the article i found an updated kernel MAY fix this, or at least should shine more light on the underlying issue thats causing the crash, v6b6 should include the later kernel so fingers crossed :-)

• 4 weeks later...

thx so much!

did a bit of research and ended up doing this in my syslinux

label Xen/unRAID OS
menu default
  kernel /syslinux/mboot.c32
  append /xen xsave=1 cpufreq=xen:performance dom0_mem=2048M,max:4096M dom0_max_vcpus=1 dom0_vcpus_pin --- /bzimage xen-pciback.hide=(04:04.0)(05:05.0)(0b:02.0) --- /bzroot

then stopped the usage of other vm's using cpu 0 with this in each of my vm.cfg's

vcpus='whatever that vm has'
cpus='1-7'

now if I run xl vcpu-list I get

Name                                ID  VCPU   CPU State   Time(s) CPU Affinity
Domain-0                             0     0    0   r--     937.0  0
dom1                                 5     0    1   -b-       8.2  1-7
dom1                                 5     1    3   -b-       5.4  1-7
dom1                                 5     2    5   -b-       5.2  1-7
dom1                                 5     3    4   -b-       5.3  1-7
dom2                                 6     0    3   -b-      27.2  1-7
dom2                                 6     1    2   -b-      23.1  1-7
dom3                                 9     0    6   -b-      27.1  1-7
dom4                                10     0    7   -b-       9.2  1-7

that look about right?

Yes that looks good to me, so you got a single core for dom0 and 7 cores shared amongst 4 domU's by the look of that. Please let me know how you get on as it is still a shot in the dark as to whether this really fixed the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Will do. So far last night is the first that ive gotten through without that specific system crash. I see high % (50-60) on the single core when running mover, but aside from that the load seems to be pretty easy going on dom0

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yes I saw fairly high CPU usage on dom0 with a single core and thus bumped it up to 2 cores and it's been fine ????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

you called it. Was seeing 60-70% and 78°C so I moved it to 2 cores pinned and kept the free vcpu's of my vms to 1-7 effectively giving unraid 2 cores. 1 of which is shared with the other vms.

Hopefully this works out ok

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Got 2 VM's running on it currently (both fedora20-based, one with plex running on it, the other mediabrowser).

I have the 2 VM's set up with 6vcpu's each, and each have 8gb ram dedicated (overkill, I'll most likely lower it at some point).  Plex is running without any issues, have a few hiccups with MB, but it's in beta, so it's most likely on their end.

Hi sir, may I know which/where is the Plex plugin you are using? And how did you set it up? I tried 3 versions of plugins and 2 of them can't start and 1 started but can't access thru tower:32400/web or tower:32400/manage. highly appreciate for your help as I have been spent 3 wks to try around and going to give up Unraid.

• 3 weeks later...

Got 2 VM's running on it currently (both fedora20-based, one with plex running on it, the other mediabrowser).

I have the 2 VM's set up with 6vcpu's each, and each have 8gb ram dedicated (overkill, I'll most likely lower it at some point).  Plex is running without any issues, have a few hiccups with MB, but it's in beta, so it's most likely on their end.

Hi sir, may I know which/where is the Plex plugin you are using? And how did you set it up? I tried 3 versions of plugins and 2 of them can't start and 1 started but can't access thru tower:32400/web or tower:32400/manage. highly appreciate for your help as I have been spent 3 wks to try around and going to give up Unraid.

If you are just trying plugins I would suggest you try PhAzE's Plex plugin.