[OUTDATED] Extended Docker configuration page

A little help message on hover would be handy too for us illiterates.

container port - the port the app uses inside docker

host port - the poret you use in your browser to get to the conatiner

Actually, I may have those the wrong way around but you know what I mean.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE:

- Added some tooltips in the input fields;

- Changed the place of input fields; now the container data is exhibited on the left side of the table;

- When using templates, the default settings are read only;

- A lot of work in the undergrounds.

UPDATE:

- Added some tooltips in the input fields;

- Changed the place of input fields; now the container data is exhibited on the left side of the table;

- When using templates, the default settings are read only;

- A lot of work in the undergrounds.

I like it!  Thanks

gfjardim, are you going to add your xml for owncloud container? again great job on your tweaks to make this docker environment more user friendly....

**Never mind just saw your update to the plugin** you are kicking out some dockerization - thanks again

is it possible to have the container names in the docker container name column hyperlinks to open app/container based on each persons host/bridge & port config?

BTW saw your updated screen shots of your docker extensions page with all of the containers running - how did you get your server ip to show with ports? - all of mine show 0.0.0.0 - then port.

2po2tzr.png

gfjardim, are you going to add your xml for owncloud container? again great job on your tweaks to make this docker environment more user friendly....

UPDATE:

- Add some description to templates;

- Add CrashPlan and ownCloud templates.

ownCloud - I will update the topic and the repository README soon.

is it possible to have the container names in the docker container name column hyperlinks to open app/container based on each persons host/bridge & port config?

BTW saw your updated screen shots of your docker extensions page with all of the containers running - how did you get your server ip to show with ports? - all of mine show 0.0.0.0 - then port.

You want a link to open the web page of each container?

I think this would be a good addition to a already awesome tool!

I think this would be a good addition to a already awesome tool!

If thats possible - it would take a lot of guess work for those of use who are not linux guru's and help with the user interface.... and btw i think if unRaid is going to continue down this path and maintain docker as way forward to replace plugins - i believe you should be on their payroll... or at least setup an account for donations - because i think this is top notch work and progress for the future of unraid...

If thats possible - it would take a lot of guess work for those of use who are not linux guru's and help with the user interface.... and btw i think if unRaid is going to continue down this path and maintain docker as way forward to replace plugins - i believe you should be on their payroll... or at least setup an account for donations - because i think this is top notch work and progress for the future of unraid...

Please, update and give it a try.

This is therapy for me. If anyone is feeling really generous, he/she can buy me one license for this: https://www.sublimetext.com/buy

;D

I'm using it and it's a marvelous tool for coding, I recommend it to everyone.

Please, update and give it a try.

This is therapy for me. If anyone is feeling really generous, he/she can buy me one license for this: https://www.sublimetext.com/buy

;D

I'm using it and it's a marvelous tool for coding, I recommend it to everyone.

30j77gz.png

I thinks it looks and works great

I was trying to see why transmission wasn't displaying an ip or port so i removed container and image and readded them using bridge mode and it still works with port 9091 but added another 54321 port that points to the sever.

I thinks it looks and works great

I was trying to see why transmission wasn't displaying an ip or port so i removed container and image and readded them using bridge mode and it still works with port 9091 but added another 54321 port that points to the sever.

I've updated. Please take a look if this bug is fixed.

gfjardim, I just wanted to reiterate how impressed I am with your plugin, and the system you've implemented to allow us to manage our dockers.  I just removed the sab docker with the plugin, and I noticed that you added the dialog to allow us to choose whether to remove only the container or also the image, which made the process very fast and easy.

I have noticed that when I go to the plugin page, it always shows the plugin as updated, even if there is an update available.  I'm not sure if that's an issue with unRAID not recognizing the update available, or if the plugin needs something changed to advertise itself as update available.

Not a big deal, and everything else is great.  I really appreciate all that you've done with this tool, it really is great.

thank you.

gfjardim, I just wanted to reiterate how impressed I am with your plugin, and the system you've implemented to allow us to manage our dockers.  I just removed the sab docker with the plugin, and I noticed that you added the dialog to allow us to choose whether to remove only the container or also the image, which made the process very fast and easy.

I have noticed that when I go to the plugin page, it always shows the plugin as updated, even if there is an update available.  I'm not sure if that's an issue with unRAID not recognizing the update available, or if the plugin needs something changed to advertise itself as update available.

Not a big deal, and everything else is great.  I really appreciate all that you've done with this tool, it really is great.

thank you.

I don't think the Plugins menu have any automatic triggers to verify updates, unfortunately, you have to do it by pressing that button.

Now, while development takes larger steps, updates are essential, but there is little things I wish to add, and he code is already pretty clean. Soon it will be just bug fixes.

The things I wish to add are:

- in place updates, for those containers that do not update themselves;

- an option to auto rebuild containers.

thank you.

I couldn't have said it any better!  I too really appreciate all your hard work. Limetech needs to put you on the payroll!

UPDATE:

Now we can update containers created by this plugin. This is how it's done:

The user clicks Update. The script then searches the user templates (those with the prefix "my-" in the name and stored in /boot/config/plugins/Docker) and, if it finds one with the same name of the updating container, adopts its configuration.

It will remove the container, do a "docker pull" of its image and then recreate the container with the previously used configuration.

Using the "docker pull" command will save a lot of data from being downloaded from the Docker Registry, and save a lot of time too.

Currently there's not a way to detect if the container needs to be updated, so it's per user decision only.

::)

UPDATE:

The user clicks Update. The script then searches the user templates (those with the prefix "my-" in the name and stored in /boot/config/plugins/Docker) and, if it finds one with the same name of the updating container, adopts its configuration.

It will remove the container, do a "docker pull" of its image and then recreate the container with the previously used configuration.

Using the "docker pull" command will save a lot of data from being downloaded from the Docker Registry, and save a lot of time too.

Currently there's not a way to detect if the container needs to be updated, so it's per user decision only.

I just tried this for sabnzbd, and it seems to have hung the GUI. I can still browse around UnMENU, but if I click on the UnRAID main tab to get me back to the default GUI the webpage is just spinning. I had originally noticed it was sort of frozen on the update page, so I tried clicking around to see what GUI options worked, which is how I realized UnMENU still works.

Since there doesn't seem to be any visual cues from the container update it's impossible to tell if it's busy doing something, or pooched.

Any thoughts?

UPDATE: The GUI did come back so it was obviously trying to do something, but it took longer than expected and again, locked the GUI while running. Should it do this?

UPDATE:

I just tried this for sabnzbd, and it seems to have hung the GUI. I can still browse around UnMENU, but if I click on the UnRAID main tab to get me back to the default GUI the webpage is just spinning. I had originally noticed it was sort of frozen on the update page, so I tried clicking around to see what GUI options worked, which is how I realized UnMENU still works.

Since there doesn't seem to be any visual cues from the container update it's impossible to tell if it's busy doing something, or pooched.

Any thoughts?

UPDATE: The GUI did come back so it was obviously trying to do something, but it took longer than expected and again, locked the GUI while running. Should it do this?

Yes, because the way the webGui handles php, as CGI and not FPM. I could run the command in a subshell, but then the user could not see the output.

UPDATE:

Any thoughts?

Yes, because the way the webGui handles php, as CGI and not FPM. I could run the command in a subshell, but then the user could not see the output.

Is there output now? Again, because I tried clicking around I didn't see the result of the pop-up window.

UPDATE:

Any thoughts?

Is there output now? Again, because I tried clicking around I didn't see the result of the pop-up window.

What browser?

UPDATE:

Any thoughts?

What browser?

IE 11 on Windows 8.1 Update 1

UPDATE:

Any thoughts?

What browser?

IE 11 on Windows 8.1 Update 1

You're right. That's a shadowbox bug. Do you see anything when you hit Info in the webGUI?

You're right. That's a shadowbox bug. Do you see anything when you hit Info in the webGUI?

Yes, it shows System Info correctly. However... I had popped up the window, then switched to another tab to type this, and went back, and the shadowbox is empty, and frozen on screen again. From UnMENU if I re-select UnRAID Main everything behaves properly.

Yes, it shows System Info correctly. However... I had popped up the window, then switched to another tab to type this, and went back, and the shadowbox is empty, and frozen on screen again. From UnMENU if I re-select UnRAID Main everything behaves properly.

Ok, I tracked this down to the prompt javascript plugin i'm using.

I'll test it further. In the mean time, please use other browser.