[OUTDATED] Extended Docker configuration page

I'm not sure what you mean by 'output the paths used', but the COMMAND column is somewhat useless, so it a good candidate for removal/replacement.  Also, the autostart column is rather wide, for just the checkbox.  I don't know how to make it more narrow, while still including a label/header, but it's something to consider.

Update the plugin and you will see it. Click the path and watch the webGui file browser open in another window.

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest that "/mnt/cache/appdata/{name of the container}/folder" be

"/mnt/cache/appdata/" - user configures once and it becomes common to all container settings

{name of the container} - follow the docker repo name but also add the last silent tag i.e. /needo/mariadb/ becomes /needo/mariadb/default/ so that we can handle tags such as /needo/mariadb:latest

/folder - just using the name from volume by default

Something also to consider is to not use "/mnt/cache/appdata/" but "/mnt/user/appdata/". unRAID will make less mistakes this way i.e. you dont get slow mv performance when it doesnt realise the source and destination is on the same physical drive

1) Don't you think that path will become extremely long with apparently no reason?

2) Yes, maybe "/mnt/user/appdata" a good idea. Let's open it for debate!

TBH better long that can handle all scenario than flatter and cant. I dont think anyone will care much and if they do they need to get out more :) ?

If someone sets the /mnt/cache/appdata/ folder as cache only (which they need to do to avoid their settings getting moved), then the mover should not bother with it, so I'm not sure what we're saving, or improving with this.  Not to say it's a bad idea, just saying.

The problem is unRAID gets things wrong. So lets say you have /mnt/cache/download (set as cache only) and /mnt/user/tv (set to use the cache). You would imagine that moving files from the first to the second would be instant since the source and destination is the same physical cache drive. Well it isnt because unRAID doesnt realise that and it actually copuies the files then deletes the original. If you access /mnt/cache/download via its FUSE version /mnt/user/download the moves are instant. Also because your moving from btrfs to something else you hit other gothas. Its this kind of quirk we can help users with.

Is there any way to make the installer verbose or have a progress bar of some kind so you know where it is in the install process and how much longer remains for it to finish? Please wait with three animated dots doesn't tell you much (is it still working, did it hang? ...)

Thank you!

There are logs that are too big to be handled by the web browsers, so proc_open() is not the answer, so I used exec(), that only export the output after it finishes, so it's already verbose, but only after the command has finished. I put that animation to let users know the process is still running in the background. There is no way to put a progress bar because there no way to predict the amount of data that need to be downloaded.

Gotcha. When you initiate docker run from the command line and it needs to download packages, it downloads each in turn and you can watch the amount downloaded versus what remains and sort of guesstimate how long it's going to take. That's what I meant by verbose. It seems to be working great otherwise.

I got you! That behavior would require the use of proc_open(); even then I couldn't get those messages because the docker program output them in the stdin pipe, and not in the stdout. I've already tried that!  ::)

I see. Well, if you can't you can't. One more question. When I was installing SAB, it was sitting there with "Please wait...." for a really long time, so I decided to close the window and restart the process. When I did, it showed the regular screen and indicated the docker had been running for an hour. I have checked it over - it seems to have downloaded everything properly. Should this plugin be indicating the install is finished or am I doing something wrong to make it not?

Never mind. I've installed a few more packages, and they finished up just fine. Weird. Anybody know a good way to easily install external hard drives to the server (I don't consider S.N.A.P. to be good - never could get it to work)? Can a docker be made for this? I know how to do it from the command line. I was just looking for a faster, GUI method.

... Anybody know a good way to easily install external hard drives to the server (I don't consider S.N.A.P. to be good - never could get it to work)? Can a docker be made for this? I know how to do it from the command line. I was just looking for a faster, GUI method.

Haven't used it for this recently but according to this post, unMenu will do this.

For those disks that are not in the protected array you can see the individual disk partitions, their file-system types, and if mounted, their free space.  (The disk-management page on the improved interface will let you mount, un-mount, share, and un-share unprotected disks, even if they are from your PC and do not have a reiserfs file-system.)  The unprotected disks will not be part of the "user-shares" merge of disks, but you will be able to browse them, read, and (if you enable it) write to them.  This feature in the improved interface is there to allow you to easily migrate and access your old data.

gfjardim, first of all commiserations on the 7-1 loss.  Even if you don't like football, that's got to hurt.

Secondly, setup a donation link somewhere.  I'm sure we can get you the editor that you want.  the work you have done to make the Docker install so easy for newbies like me needs to be rewarded.

I will remove this, as it's not necessary anymore.

Fix worked. That really is a rather slick update process.

Other thoughts:

Cosmetic: On Firefox 30 the popup has both vertical and horizontal scroll bars even on a 27" monitor, which you cant get rid off..

The "Container volume:" having rw:ro typed at the end: It would be cleaner if it that was a "activate read only" boolean checkbox inferring rw by default.

gfjardim, first of all commiserations on the 7-1 loss.  Even if you don't like football, that's got to hurt.

Secondly, setup a donation link somewhere.  I'm sure we can get you the editor that you want.  the work you have done to make the Docker install so easy for newbies like me needs to be rewarded.

I had German ancestors in my family, so that worked ok, I gess....  8)

I'll put a donation button soon, let's see if you all are feeling generous.  ;D

I will remove this, as it's not necessary anymore.

Fix worked. That really is a rather slick update process.

Other thoughts:

Cosmetic: On Firefox 30 the popup has both vertical and horizontal scroll bars even on a 27" monitor, which you cant get rid off..

The "Container volume:" having rw:ro typed at the end: It would be cleaner if it that was a "activate read only" boolean checkbox inferring rw by default.

In what OS, NAS? I've tested in OSX and seems fine.

just an update... all installed fine this morning...

so need to blame saturation of my isp's network i guess...

also plex issue auto restart issue is solved with reinstalling the plugin ... not sure what caused that....

I'm glad it worked! I've tried to replicate your issue without success, never thought it was a bad installation.

Donation button added. The total amount to be raised is US$ 90.00, the sum of Sublime Text and it's SFTP plugin prices.

https://www.sublimetext.com/buy

https://wbond.net/sublime_packages/sftp/buy

If this amount is archived, I will delete the button and won't accept any more funds. Consider this as investing in the plugin itself, not paying me for anything. I do this for fun!

Donation button added. The total amount to be raised is US$ 90.00, the sum of Sublime Text and it's SFTP plugin prices.

https://www.sublimetext.com/buy

https://wbond.net/sublime_packages/sftp/buy

If this amount is archived, I will delete the button and won't accept any more funds. Consider this as investing in the plugin itself, not paying me for anything. I do this for fun!

Put the donate button in your signature so it can be found on all your posts.

By default, Docker tries to bind the containers virtual NICs on the main interface, in unRAID's case, that is eth0. When network bridges are used, this may result in containers not being accessible by the user, e.g., you cannot access the config webGUI of the application. The --net="host" command override this behavior, but it's not advised to run all containers this way because of possible port's conflicts.

Please, open your /boot/config/docker.cfg file, and in DOCKER_OPTS, after "--storage-driver=btrfs", add "--ip=YOUR.IP.ADDRESS".

My docker.cfg file's content, for an example, is this:

# Generated settings:
DOCKER_HOME="/mnt/cache/docker"
DOCKER_OPTS="--storage-driver=btrfs --ip=192.168.0.100 "
DOCKER_CONTAINERS="Couchpotato,CrashPlan,Deluge,MariaDB,ownCloud,SABnzbd,Sickbeard"

Just checked mine and added the "--ip=".  But i noticed mine does not have the name of the containers included.  Am I also to include them?

The DOCKER_CONTAINERS variable is added by this plugin: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33965.0

This contains the name of containers that will be started with the array. I know, this is not very slick, I should had choose a better variable name, but updating it now may broke several users settings.

It's not required, and I will erase that to avoid any further confusion.

I was giving this a try to see what differences it would make when adding new containers.

original docker.cfg

# Generated settings:
DOCKER_HOME="/mnt/cache/apps/docker"
DOCKER_OPTS="--storage-driver=btrfs"
DOCKER_CONTAINERS="sad_archimedes"

modified docker.cfg

# Generated settings:
DOCKER_HOME="/mnt/cache/apps/docker"
DOCKER_OPTS="--storage-driver=btrfs --ip=192.168.0.145"
DOCKER_CONTAINERS="AirVideo, ownCloud, Deluge"

as soon as I removed "sad_archimedes" as a container and started docker - all of my containers ie... AirVideo, ownCloud, and Deluge containers and images that were already loaded on the system disappered.

**UPDATE**

once you make the change reapply docker settings ie... apply the install location of docker, then start docker. Then everything came back, all containers and images returned and were started up and working.

UPDATE:

In a small demonstration of my gratitude, I made some changes last night, so version 2014.07.10 is out:

- Added SickRage, Deluge and NZBGet templates;

- TCP/UDP port protocols are now set by a select box, so are the Read/Write | Read Only modes for volume mappings (NAS suggestion);

- Fixed (I hope) an issue discovered by nacat78;

- Added and/or improved some descriptions with directions to help users setup correctly their fields (bjp999 suggestion);

- Now the default directory for the configuration volume of each container is /mnt/user/appdata/{container name} (suggested by NAS);

Again, thank you a lot!

edit: fixed some credits (thank you bjp999)