Recommendation on good Universal HTPC remote

bloodlust

As the title suggests I'm looking for recommendations on a good universal remote that would also work on an HTPC device.  I've googled this some looking for reviews or advice and really nothing has caught my eye.  I'm sure members here who have unRaid servers might have a better idea as I'm sure some of you use some sort of remote.  What I'm basically looking for is something that will work the TV, Cable, A/V Receiver and HTPC.  I use Plex on my HTPC but would want something that doesn't require me to get a mouse in order to get Plex running on the HTPC once it's booted.  Price honestly is NOT an issue, I just want something that works great and will last.  Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

The logitech software isn't great, but once it's working you don't have to use it again.

You can use something like Ghostscript or autohotkey to trigger PC events.

The remote comes with a dongle.

Which remotes come with an IR dongle?  The Logitechs surely do not.

My harmony one didn't now that I think about it.  I bought a media Centre remote that came with one

I use a Harmony 880 and the i/r from a Media Center remote also. You can get those MC remotes for almost nothing. They are in the Logitech database so the Harmony software already knows about them.

I also use a Logitech diNovo Mini Bluetooth keyboard with my HTPC. It won't control other things like the TV but it is nice when you are using the HTPC for things besides Plex or XBMC.