OpenVPN Server & Client for unRAID 6.2+ (6.1 are still supported)

peter_sm

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I installed the plugin and am having some problems getting it up and running. The configuration seems to be fine, I left everything on default for the moment, but whenever I start the sever no server IP is shown and cannot access it. The console output is

nohup: redirecting stderr to stdout
tun0: error fetching interface information: Device not found

I am not sure what is happening here so any help is greatly appreciated.

hi

sorry for the newbie question, new to unraid and openvpn

where do i put the the .ovpn files, have tried in the plugin / openvpn folder but i am unable to selct the config file in unraid??

EDIT got the vpn running however how do i route traffic through the vpn (my laptop)

• 2 weeks later...

@peter_sm, quick bug report. Current plugin does not update the openvpnserverconfig.ovpn file when we change the path under the server settings.

So going from

/mnt/cache/appdata/openvpn-server

to

/mnt/user/appdata/openvpn-server

will not change the ovpn file. Hope this can get resolved.

@peter_sm, quick bug report. Current plugin does not update the openvpnserverconfig.ovpn file when we change the path under the server settings.

So going from

/mnt/cache/appdata/openvpn-server

to

/mnt/user/appdata/openvpn-server

will not change the ovpn file. Hope this can get resolved.

Do you mean settings on OpenVPN Server Cert/Misc Configuration: ? in OpenVPN Server Configuration: there is no path to change.

What version are you using ?

//Peter

I'm extremely new to unraid, so please excuse my inability..  :-\

So far I've gotten it installed, put my privateinternetaccess files in the right directory, but I'm getting this error in the log:

Options error: You must define TUN/TAP device (--dev)
Use --help for more information.

FYI I'm using the x64 plugin on the latest version of unraid (fresh install from last night)

I did, not exactly sure what it said, I have multiple unraid servers, so I moved it to a different server & now have access to my full network. I'm not sure what is wrong with the networking on my test server, but as I use it for testing various things prior to adding them to my Main server, I could have made any number of changes that are interfering with the connection. Its odd, looking at the routing on Unraid & windows etc. it looks identical on both servers. I may have to start my test server from Scratch and then try again see if it fixes the issue.