GUI unresponsive/lost

JustinChase

So, my GUI is becoming unresponsive again.  I got up this morning, and I don't have access to the GUI.  I can access dockers, telnet and shares, just not the GUI.  I deleted all cookies for 192.1680.20.150 (there was only 1), but the issue remains.

This is the 3rd or 4th time in the last week or so.  It seems to all be related to trying to run VM's, but I'm not sure.

syslog attached

syslog.txt

Other than parity check, it seems to be okay now.

I tried to repair the windows install, and the server died again

I'm really fed up with all these issues, and just wish they would release beta11 with the repairs already implemented for virtualization stuff.  I'm not sure why it's taken 3 weeks since "big stuff this week" on Oct 20th.

Experiencing the same issues with Unraid 6.0 beta 10 and not on a VM.

GUI is responsive and accessible for 10-15 minutes after a reboot then I can no longer access via IE and/or Chrome.

I am running a parity check also - not sure if it's related.

Drives still show accessible with no issues but the GUI is not longer responsive unless I reboot.

Thanks,

Kat

My understanding was that they are not committed to getting the virtualization issues out with 6.0 final. Obviously jonp is focused on virtualization but the last I read, Tom's plan was to get 6.0 out with virtualization as a beta feature. Sorry if I am putting words / making assumptions for LT (that is not my intention), again the above is just my impression from the pieces I have read throughout the last 2 months.

Justin has a few issues actually. One is that he has an unsupported GPU. I've tested the nvidia 550 he has and rub into the same problem with it not surviving after rebooting the guest VM its assigned to. Doesn't matter if its windows or Linux.  It has to do with the GPU not supporting bus level resets correctly. That said, the second issue he's having is that the host itself is crashing when he tries to destroy the guest. That is NOT expected behavior and we haven't seen that issue in our testing, even with the same GPU / motherboard.  So that points me to his CPU as a possible culprit for the host crashing.

• 4 months later...

Archived