kodi HELIX headless release

So do I have to point mariadb to my movie directory in the mariadb Host path and container volume?

Lou

nope, you should point the maraidb host path to a path on your unraid box to save config files.

then on another kodi box make an advancedsettings.xml file in the userdata folder (differs on location, depending on OS)

with the same mysql/mariadb settings as you set for the container in it.

similar to this, but changing the host settings to suit your setup.

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.90</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>kodi</user>
<pass>kodi</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.90</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>kodi</user>
<pass>kodi</pass>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

you should be aware that doing this on an already scanned in library not setup for mysql will likely mean you rescanning everything back in, do you have much of an existing library ?

Thanks no everything I am working on is for testing I will rescan. Again I want to thank you I am making progress and learning plenty. :)

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi.  I installed using the template.  I can get to the webgui and it is able access my sql database (lists all the movies/tv on the webui).  But when I tell it to do a scan, it finishes in 4 seconds and finds nothing.  I have tried sending the update library command from Couchpotato, Sickrage, HTPC Manager, and the Kodi webgui.

HTPC Manager and MariaDB are docker containers.  Couchpotato and Sickrage are installed on unraid via plugins.

I tried copying my sources.xml file from my HTPC install of Kodi, but it didn't change anything.

I know it is scanning the my shares on unraid.  There was 1 file without proper permissions and it listed as an error in the log.  I corrected the permissions, and now it doesn't show in the log anymore.  All I see is:

17:27:35 T:47553943631616  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..

17:27:39 T:47553943631616  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:04

Hi.  I installed using the template.  I can get to the webgui and it is able access my sql database (lists all the movies/tv on the webui).  But when I tell it to do a scan, it finishes in 4 seconds and finds nothing.  I have tried sending the update library command from Couchpotato, Sickrage, HTPC Manager, and the Kodi webgui.

HTPC Manager and MariaDB are docker containers.  Couchpotato and Sickrage are installed on unraid via plugins.

I tried copying my sources.xml file from my HTPC install of Kodi, but it didn't change anything.

I know it is scanning the my shares on unraid.  There was 1 file without proper permissions and it listed as an error in the log.  I corrected the permissions, and now it doesn't show in the log anymore.  All I see is:

17:27:39 T:47553943631616  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:04

forgive me for asking the obvious question first, do you have any new movies/tvshows to scan in.

forgive me for asking the obvious question first, do you have any new movies/tvshows to scan in.

No problem, I had to double check that myself.  But I do have 2 new movies and a new tv episode that aren't in the database yet.

although that does seem a ludicrously fast scan.....

Yes, it takes several minutes from HTPC even when there is nothing new.

ok, next silly question, are the new files anything obscure that may not have info for the scrapers to scrape, ie are they in tvdb/imdb etc...

ok, next silly question, are the new files anything obscure that may not have info for the scrapers to scrape, ie are they in tvdb/imdb etc...

The tv episode I added via Sickrage which used thetvdb as its indexer, and I verified it is there.

The 2 movies are 2 new releases in IMDB.

19:18:06 T:47847902893824  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..

19:19:25 T:47847902893824  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 01:18

so your scan is silly fast for some reason.

do you have passwords or anything on your media shares perhaps ?

No, they are just on my Unraid server.  I've been using it for a few years with an HTPC running XBMC on Linux.

19:19:25 T:47847902893824  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 01:18

No, they are just on my Unraid server.  I've been using it for a few years with an HTPC running XBMC on Linux.

are you using helix on all your systems ?

I am currently using your Gotham docker and wanting to move to your new helix one. Is it safe yet to move to using it?  Since I am using MariaDB docker with my current xbmc library scanned into it I just didn't want to lose anything. I currently use XBMC openelec version 4.2.1 on my Zotac boxes and I haven't moved them to openelec version 5 yet. I am wanting to make sure I do it and don't lost my DB in process.

BTW  thank you for hard work.

JM

I am currently using your Gotham docker and wanting to move to your new helix one. Is it safe yet to move to using it?  Since I am using MariaDB docker with my current xbmc library scanned into it I just didn't want to lose anything. I currently use XBMC openelec version 4.2.1 on my Zotac boxes and I haven't moved them to openelec version 5 yet. I am wanting to make sure I do it and don't lost my DB in process.

JM

i'm not certain about "safe" but i'd recommend backing up the database files beforehand in any case to be certain.

They're both running Helix 14.0.

ok, i know this seems a little like turn it off and on again and TBH it probably is.

be aware that doing this will make the container version of kodi drag thumbs etc for its cache from the internet again.

remove the container, not the image as well... go into your folder with the config files for kodi and delete everything there.

click the "reload info" button on the docker page in unraid (it's greyed out until you hover over it on the right hand side of the top grey bar)

reload the container with the template, filling out the variable fields again as before.

then try rescanning media.

JM

i'm not certain about "safe" but i'd recommend backing up the database files beforehand in any case to be certain.

Good deal..  Anything I need to know about the adavancedxml file?  I noticed you have been making changes as you go along. 

Thanks

damn, i hope i catch you before taking steps i just gave you, i just thought of a gotcha here.

i have set date added to 1 in advancedsettings, meaning it takes the file created date as date added to the d/base.

just check that your files are there or not, they may not be showing up in "latest" if they aren't there at all then take the steps above.

JM

Good deal..  Anything I need to know about the adavancedxml file?  I noticed you have been making changes as you go along. 

Thanks

i'm mid versions on another change having sussed why json wasn't working and adding in kodi-send to newer version.

changing <esallinterfaces>false</esallinterfaces> to <esallinterfaces>true</esallinterfaces>

will enable JSON to a degree. not 100% about stability regards crashing webserver when running JSON commands, but kodi will respawn itself if it crashes anyways.

JM

Thanks

i'm mid versions on another change having sussed why json wasn't working and adding in kodi-send to newer version.

changing <esallinterfaces>false</esallinterfaces> to <esallinterfaces>true</esallinterfaces>

will enable JSON to a degree. not 100% about stability regards crashing webserver when running JSON commands, but kodi will respawn itself if it crashes anyways.

when i say "sussed" i mean picked up tip from kodi forum, lol.

ok, i know this seems a little like turn it off and on again and TBH it probably is.

be aware that doing this will make the container version of kodi drag thumbs etc for its cache from the internet again.

remove the container, not the image as well... go into your folder with the config files for kodi and delete everything there.

click the "reload info" button on the docker page in unraid (it's greyed out until you hover over it on the right hand side of the top grey bar)

reload the container with the template, filling out the variable fields again as before.

Ok, I've done that.  On the first run I get a ton of database errors saying the database is deformed.  It appears to be the addon db as each line is about a different addon.  This happened last time on the first run only.

But the same problem on scanning.  I can get to the webgui and see the existing database, but it scans ridiculously quick and finds nothing.

Ok, I've done that.  On the first run I get a ton of database errors saying the database is deformed.  It appears to be the addon db as each line is about a different addon.  This happened last time on the first run only.

But the same problem on scanning.  I can get to the webgui and see the existing database, but it scans ridiculously quick and finds nothing.

did you click "reload info" as well clear the existing config files saved locally  ?

qb9YOEm.png

those SQL errors were a cock up on my part by using preloaded folders and being unaware that git does funny things to file versions and when pulled back they were not liked by the container.

the newest version in my repo no longer does that and makes blank folders instead and then lets the first run of kodi populate them as normal.

you may have to delete the image as well, then click the reload info <<<< important step before loading the container once more.

sorry about my initial cockup with preloaded folders.

did you click "reload info" as well clear the existing config files saved locally  ?

qb9YOEm.png

those SQL errors were a cock up on my part by using preloaded folders and being unaware that git does funny things to file versions and when pulled back they were not liked by the container.

the newest version in my repo no longer does that and makes blank folders instead and then lets the first run of kodi populate them as normal.

you may have to delete the image as well, then click the reload info <<<< important step before loading the container once more.

No worries!  I did hit reload info, but I'll delete the image and container and try from scratch.

Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.

qb9YOEm.png

No worries!  I did hit reload info, but I'll delete the image and container and try from scratch.

Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.

i'm running a new rebuild of my latest version of this to address these SQL errors hopefully once and for all.

because it's compiling from source it's a long build though..... take about 1 1/2 hours or so depending on docker hub load.