[Deprecated] tobbenb's Docker Template Repository - WebGrab+Plus

You are on the right way  :)

You just have to copy what you have already done for the first adapter and then change all the zero's to one's and then paste it behind the text you have in the extra parameters. Do the same for the next adapter.

Its probably easier to edit the lines in a text editor and the paste it into the extra parameter field.

You also have to change the permissions for the dvb adapter, but I think it is mentioned in the first post. If not, it should be somewhere in this thread  ;) I don't have the time to look for it until the weekend.

There is no easy way to do this unfortunately.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, Im making progress!

I have managed to get TVHeadend to pick up 1 of my 4 Digital Devices tuners with the following in the extra parameters box:

--device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0

--device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0

adapter 0 -3 are the Digital Devices tuners.

I have tried different configurations to add the other 3 in the parameters box, but no joy so far.

When i use cmd ls -la /dev/dvb/ The DVBSky T9580 shows "-" and "--" next to the adapters.  Does this mean that I'm missing the drivers?

Any further help would be great.

Thanks again

Here's how I start mine.

--device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/net0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/net0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/net0 tottenb/tvheadend-unstable

And this is what I have in my go file to change permissions on the adapter

chown -R nobody:users /dev/dvb &

Hope it helps

Thanks a lot for that.

I decided to give it another go.  I used the info from your post, but it failed:

d7506b0d104f58e965918da5f1d5a00fc732a959f97b02ed596038fe74fb6849

time="2015-04-19T19:14:15+01:00" level="fatal" msg="Error response from daemon: Cannot start container d7506b0d104f58e965918da5f1d5a00fc732a959f97b02ed596038fe74fb6849: exec: "tobbenb/tvheadend-unstable": stat tobbenb/tvheadend-unstable: no such file or directory"

The command failed.

Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for that.

I decided to give it another go.  I used the info from your post, but it failed:

d7506b0d104f58e965918da5f1d5a00fc732a959f97b02ed596038fe74fb6849

time="2015-04-19T19:14:15+01:00" level="fatal" msg="Error response from daemon: Cannot start container d7506b0d104f58e965918da5f1d5a00fc732a959f97b02ed596038fe74fb6849: exec: "tobbenb/tvheadend-unstable": stat tobbenb/tvheadend-unstable: no such file or directory"

The command failed.

Any ideas?

Hi

Bailing me out again!  :)

I tried the docker, but could only get 1 of my digital devices tuners to show in the devices list. I don't have much hair left, so gave up on that!

I tried your Beta 15 media tree files and they initially seemed to work fine.  But, then I noticed that the devices list would report failures and be very slow in picking the tuners, if any at all.  I switched back to 14b.

The slow channel switching started after using the beta 15 files.  I did a fresh install of Unraid on my USB with the 14b media tree and then transferred the TVheadend config over to save doing the setup again. No joy, I've still got the Wife moaning about slow channel switching.....

Sorry that it didn't work out for you, but if you've gone back to a fresh install of Beta 14b and you're still having problems then I would look at your config once again as I don't think it's the beta 15 that is your problem.

I hadn't checked the tobbenb docker post for a while so missed your posts, I'm starting to think it might be your DVBSky adapter, as it sholdn't really matter whether you're using the plugin or the docker, as the adapters are just passed through to the container.

Might be an idea to just try omitting the DVBSky adapter for now to aid in troubleshooting. 

If you want a hand setting up the docker, here's how.  It's far simpler than it looks.

First things first...

You need to edit your go file and add in this

#tvheadend
chown -R nobody:users /dev/dvb &

Then get the info here.

ls -la /dev/dvb 

I get this output

VjlCSbx.jpg

So need these commands

Note how although the adapter number goes up the value for demux, dvr, frontend, and net remain at 0.

Here's a template for you to alter for your config

--device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0

--device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0 
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/net0  

--device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/demux0
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/dvr0
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/net0  

--device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/demux0
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/dvr0
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/net0

Once you've done that then download the TVHeadEnd docker from tobbenb's repository.  I use the unstable branch and it's very stable on my setup.

9Es4mnQ.jpg

Then copy the above into the docker config (you'll need to enable advanced settings)

0pdSQVn.jpg

Go to the webui and Robert's Your Mother's Brother!

HbSLgHM.jpg

Please expand on the "Here's a template for you to alter for your config"......

I was just putting that info into the extra parameters box on previous attempts.  Should I be adding the text elsewhere?

The Digital devices tuners are using 1 PCIe slot and are connected together by a supplied cable. In effect a 4 tuner card.

Looks like I'm up and running.......

Time to configure.  Thanks

Good you got it up and running  :)

I was thinking to help you get the docker up and running, but I'm slow so CHBMB beat me to it  :)

I'm not that fast, still trying to work out how to build my own kernel and add the TBS drivers in lol.

Looks like I'm up and running.......

Time to configure.  Thanks

Good you got it up and running  :)

I was thinking to help you get the docker up and running, but I'm slow so CHBMB beat me to it  :)

I'm not that fast, still trying to work out how to build my own kernel and add the TBS drivers in lol.

Say what!? You still haven't managed?  :P

I did it once, so I'll try to reproduce it when I have time and got my playground server back in the rack. Probably around Christmas with my speed  ;D

Hi CHBMB & Saarg

Sorry for the delay.  First time online for a while.

All four tuners are picked up fine.  I'm just trying to figure out why I'm not getting all the muxes scanned.  Missing a few channels.

Channel switching is now fine.

Also, I'm getting "htsp client command failed. Unable to stat path" popping up all the time.  I believe it's linked to my recorded tv and time shift storage.  I'm yet to solve that one!

But real progress so far.

Thanks a lot guys.

I've got it sorted!

I am a bit of a nugget really  :-[

If I had read and digested the notes in the docker correctly, I would have seen that I needed to just input "/recordings" in the TVheadend path.  It's not quite the same as the plugin. Ooops!

Just the configuration to finish.  Its all looking great so far. 

Thanks for all of the help.

I've got it sorted!

I am a bit of a nugget really  :-[

If I had read and digested the notes in the docker correctly, I would have seen that I needed to just input "/recordings" in the TVheadend path.  It's not quite the same as the plugin. Ooops!

Just the configuration to finish.  Its all looking great so far. 

Thanks for all of the help.

So are your channel changes quicker now then? And which version of TVHeadEnd did you end up using? 

I did wonder if that was the problem with your folder mappings as I was driving home, but you figured it out before I posted my config.

Well done mate.

Channel changes are quick and Wife friendly  ;D

I am using the unstable docker version.

I'm sorting all of the channels now, renaming and organising channel numbers to match the UK freesat list.

Next job is the logo mission.  I am planning on just linking the user icon script to the file location on my cache drive.  That's what worked well for me on the on the plugin, but I'm open to suggestions.

Do you fellows have a super duper way of getting the EPG? I'm just using the over the air standard grabbers.

Looking at the approved app list tvheadend is listed, so it should work. I have no idea how though.

Do you get a XML file from them or do you have to grab it yourself?

Webgrab+plus was also listed so I guess you can use that to grab the data if you're not able to download a file.

Looking at TVheadend internal grabbers and it only shows one for WebGrab+Plus. I am guessing something is missing as it should have one for Schedules Direct?

I have to add the xmltv package before it shows in tvheadend. The problem is that it has to be in a specific folder for tvheadend to see it. I have to see if its doable somehow. You also have to get into the docker to configure the xmltv script. It will get lost every time the container is updated.

Just checking to see if you got a chance to look into this?

Thanks