[Deprecated] tobbenb's Docker Template Repository - WebGrab+Plus

Looking at the approved app list tvheadend is listed, so it should work. I have no idea how though.

Do you get a XML file from them or do you have to grab it yourself?

Webgrab+plus was also listed so I guess you can use that to grab the data if you're not able to download a file.

Looking at TVheadend internal grabbers and it only shows one for WebGrab+Plus. I am guessing something is missing as it should have one for Schedules Direct?

I have to add the xmltv package before it shows in tvheadend. The problem is that it has to be in a specific folder for tvheadend to see it. I have to see if its doable somehow. You also have to get into the docker to configure the xmltv script. It will get lost every time the container is updated.

Just checking to see if you got a chance to look into this?

Thanks

[/quote

Sorry.. Haven't gotten time to do this yet. I'm thinking about something, but have to learn a little bit more about the xmltv package and how it works. Hopefully tomorrow  :)

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Channel changes are quick and Wife friendly  ;D

I am using the unstable docker version.

I'm sorting all of the channels now, renaming and organising channel numbers to match the UK freesat list.

Next job is the logo mission.  I am planning on just linking the user icon script to the file location on my cache drive.  That's what worked well for me on the on the plugin, but I'm open to suggestions.

Do you fellows have a super duper way of getting the EPG? I'm just using the over the air standard grabbers.

I use webgrab+plus. It is a pain to configure, but once configured you do not have to touch it.

i just saw this docker cointeiner  - very good job !!!

Thanks  :)

Saarg, I'm going to sound stupid but I never realised you were the author.  Always thought it was tobbenb, come to think of it, who is tobbenb, never see him or her post on here!  Thanks mate, this docker is awesome!

i just saw this docker cointeiner  - very good job !!!

Thanks  :)

Saarg, I'm going to sound stupid but I never realised you were the author.  Always thought it was tobbenb, come to think of it, who is tobbenb, never see him or her post on here!  Thanks mate, this docker is awesome!

Both of us is me  ;D

Saarg was taken on github, so I used my other nickname on internet.

Any chance of a steer to map the channels on XMLTV?

I've got it pretty much sorted apart from mapping the EPG source in TVHeadend. 

I have used the UK ini file to configure the XML file in the config.  I followed your advice of using the default and then tidying it up, but it's not really playing.  A few of the EPG sources are populated with the correct source, but most are empty.  I assume that this is because they are named differently.  When I change the name in the XML file in the two places shown previously, I get no update in TVheadend.

I can change the EPG source for a few in TVheadend for A -C but the menu does not allow me acces to any other EPG source below letter C.

I'm still working on it, but any help or shortcuts appreciated.

thanks saarg / tobbenb  :)

So you are not able to choose all the channels in the EPG source in Configuration --> Channel/EPG?

Only a selected few shows there automatically?

If there is no data grabbed for a channel, I don't think it will show up in the EPG source.

There should be a log in the config folder of webgrab+plus (WebGrab++.log.txt). Can you attach it?

When I go to channel/EPG and edit a channel and select EPG source only a few options as far as letter C are available.

I looked at the log earlier and it showed only grabbed data as far as letter C.  My XML file looks ok from what I can see.  Maybe I'm missing something.

I've stopped the XMLTV at the moment as the wife is trying to watch recorded TV and I'm trying to eliminate the cause of fast forwarding problems.  When she fast forwards a program the stream freezes.  She is not a fan of my setup tonight  :-\

I'll post the log and XML tomorrow.

Looking at the approved app list tvheadend is listed, so it should work. I have no idea how though.

Webgrab+plus was also listed so I guess you can use that to grab the data if you're not able to download a file.

Looking at TVheadend internal grabbers and it only shows one for WebGrab+Plus. I am guessing something is missing as it should have one for Schedules Direct?

I have to add the xmltv package before it shows in tvheadend. The problem is that it has to be in a specific folder for tvheadend to see it. I have to see if its doable somehow. You also have to get into the docker to configure the xmltv script. It will get lost every time the container is updated.

Thanks

I have looked at how the xmltv package works, but I'm not sure how I can make this work easily. The problem is that you have to configure the tv_grab_* file, and for that you have to go into the docker. It's also not possible to specify the configuration file for the grabber chosen in tvheadend.

It might work if you can make your configuration file on another computer. Then I can make the container check for the config file at container startup and copy it to the correct folder.

Thanks

I have looked at how the xmltv package works, but I'm not sure how I can make this work easily. The problem is that you have to configure the tv_grab_* file, and for that you have to go into the docker. It's also not possible to specify the configuration file for the grabber chosen in tvheadend.

It might work if you can make your configuration file on another computer. Then I can make the container check for the config file at container startup and copy it to the correct folder.

Thank you for looking into this but for now I think I will just stay with mythtv.  Maybe I revisit this in the future.

The fast forward problem might be a bug in tvheadend. I think I recall something like that. I'll see if I can build a newer version in the near future. I'm away most of the coming week, so might not be until the weekend.

Ok, thanks saarg.  If it helps at all, the TVheadend build that is used in the TVHeadend plugin had no issues with fast forwarding.  I used that prior to upgrading to your fine docker.

The fast forward problem might be a bug in tvheadend. I think I recall something like that. I'll see if I can build a newer version in the near future. I'm away most of the coming week, so might not be until the weekend.

Ok, thanks saarg.  If it helps at all, the TVheadend build that is used in the TVHeadend plugin had no issues with fast forwarding.  I used that prior to upgrading to your fine docker.

Try the version of that I PM'd you about - it's Saarg's build but a pretty recent build, if the problem goes away, then hey presto, it's a problem with the docker version that just needs an update.

So you are not able to choose all the channels in the EPG source in Configuration --> Channel/EPG?

Only a selected few shows there automatically?

If there is no data grabbed for a channel, I don't think it will show up in the EPG source.

There should be a log in the config folder of webgrab+plus (WebGrab++.log.txt). Can you attach it?

I think my problems may be due to me needing to use a cookie file in the config.

I'm getting there with it, but struggling a bit with saving the cookie file for "tvguide.co.uk".  Im not really sure how to get this file.

Ok, will do.

Try the version of that I PM'd you about - it's Saarg's build but a pretty recent build, if the problem goes away, then hey presto, it's a problem with the docker version that just needs an update.

[quote author=Monkeyair link=topic=37671.msg375287#msg375287 date=1431936498

Ok, will do.

Just run it with all the same mappings as you have now but rename the container.  Then you can flip between the two and no need to reconfigure.

Sort of like this but keep all the folder names the same, I've just received a replacement tv-tuner so I'm trying out two different configs.

MHL9ZNc.jpg

[quote author=Monkeyair link=topic=37671.msg375287#msg375287 date=1431936498

Ok, will do.

Just run it with all the same mappings as you have now but rename the container.  Then you can flip between the two and no need to reconfigure.

Sort of like this but keep all the folder names the same, I've just received a replacement tv-tuner so I'm trying out two different configs.

MHL9ZNc.jpg

I'll try that thanks.

The updated TVHeadend build works a treat! Fast forwarding is fine.

Good Job!  ;)

Good Job!  ;)

If you want to update to RC2 try this as I've created a media build.  My drivers aren't in the kernel by default so I can't test it, be really grateful if you tried.

I tried the RC2 build.  All seemed fine apart from my DVB cards were not picked up by TVheadend.  The other thing that I noticed is that min-DLNA docker stopped working.

Good Job!  ;)

If you want to update to RC2 try this as I've created a media build.  My drivers aren't in the kernel by default so I can't test it, be really grateful if you tried.

I tried the RC2 build.  All seemed fine apart from my DVB cards were not picked up by TVheadend.  The other thing that I noticed is that min-DLNA docker stopped working.

However, going back to beta 15 I have no DVB inputs now either. doh!

Good Job!  ;)

Hmmm, can't see how the min-DLNA thing may have arisen.  If you had no DVB cards then it might be your drivers aren't included but can't explain why they didn't show when you rebooted beta 15.

Have you changed the config in the docker?

Good Job!  ;)

Hmmm, can't see how the min-DLNA thing may have arisen.  If you had no DVB cards then it might be your drivers aren't included but can't explain why they didn't show when you rebooted beta 15.

Have you changed the config in the docker?

No, I didn't change anything.  I just dropped the new BZ files into the config and rebooted.

I just tried to reinstall the docker, but still no DVB inputs.  So I think that I'll reinstall Unraid and try putting my config file back in.