Can't access my server

It means your server can't access the internet. If you have assigned a static IP to unRAID in the webGUI then that is why you get an IP address. It doesn't mean unRAID is actually on the network. Check your ethernet cables and the ports at both ends. If your unRAID has more than one ethernet port try the other.

What do you get with

ifconfig

and

ethtool eth0

?

I have tried to access it from 2 computers, two phones and an iPad, just never connects.

For example, the Mac I am currently using has the ip address 192.168.1.101

Thanks

The unRAID server is on the IP network 192.168.0.xxx while your current PC is on network 192.168.1.xxx which is why they cannot connect to each other.

Probably the easiest way to fix this is to edit the file network.cfg in the config folder on the USB drive to the network settings you want.

For example, the Mac I am currently using has the ip address 192.168.1.101
There's your problem. Change your server to use 192.168.1.110 instead of 192.168.0.110

Why are you assigning static IP's manually? It's much easier to reserve static IP's in your router and let the device use DHCP to retrieve that assigned address.

(ninja'd by itimpi AND trurl, posted anyway because more info to help solve the larger network address assignment issue that is obviously a problem.)

Shall I just change the ip address from 192.168.0.110 to 192.168.1.110?

Thanks

That would work and would allow you to access the unRAID GUI.  However you probably also want to change the DNS and Gateway settings to also be on the 192.168.1 network.  Ideally you should check what settings your Mac is using for these and set the unRAID server to be the same.  Normally these would be the address of your router.

• 2 weeks later...