"No space left on device"

J.R.

I think this was already answered on your other thread. Split Level 0. Have you tried it?

First there is no "level 0" in V6 it's just "Manual: do not automatically split directories", which yes, I have my shares set to but unRAID doesn't seem to want to let me actually manually do anything. I try to create a share to be on a specific disk and it simply won't create it. I try to move data to the disk on the share I FINALLY created and it tells me there's no space.

Not only that but the new "Public Data" share I created that I told to exclude disk two...was on disk two!! (Though I assume that's why it's telling me it's out of space)

Nothing you change in the webGUI will affect files or folders that are already there. If you don't want it on a certain disk, but it is already there, you will have to manually move it. Also, folders at the top level of any disk are already considered a user share, and if they are on a disk that you don't want them on you will have to move them off or unRAID will continue to use that disk for the share regardless of what is set in the webGUI.

I get that that's how it's supposed to work but when I move the folder from disk 2 to disk 3 or create a duplicate (Media) folder on disk 3 the content in those disk 3 folders is not showing up in the "Public Data" folder or Media"  share folder as you're telling me/I understood it should.

How are you moving the files? Try Tools->New Permissions.

Moving them via an Explorer window, why? Is there another method I'm supposed to use with unRAID?

I'll try that (New Permissions) once the parity drive is finished re-syncing. What am I looking for it to do?

Are you copying using only Disk shares? Copying between Disk and User shares will cause data loss!

Everything's backed up so nothing will get lost (and nothing appears to be lost as of yet anyway) but I'm lost on exactly how I'm supposed to be moving data around if not via Windows Explorer. There doesn't appear to be a file management system within unRAID to move, copy, delete, create data/folders other than to create main aggregated shares on the disks so what am I missing?

How do I get data on the disks I want it on and showing up aggregated in the created share folders and move data? WTF am I missing here?

Nothing you change in the webGUI will affect files or folders that are already there. If you don't want it on a certain disk, but it is already there, you will have to manually move it. Also, folders at the top level of any disk are already considered a user share, and if they are on a disk that you don't want them on you will have to move them off or unRAID will continue to use that disk for the share regardless of what is set in the webGUI.

I have manually moved it.

I created a "Public Data" share on "all disks" that it created a folder on disk 2 for. I manually moved that folder from disk 2 to disk 3 and placed files within it via Windows Explorer. Those files don't show up when I open the "Public Data" share. I have to browse to disk 3/Public Data to see them. This is not how it's supposed to work as I understood it. I'm not getting an aggregate view of my files and unRAID is not manually allowing me to organize or "split" the data.

If I try to create a user share only including disk 3 (or excluding disk 2) it simply gives me the "No space left on device" error.

Is there something I can do to tell my unRAID "Public Data" share folder to look on disk 3 for the folder instead of disk 2? Can I alter the .cfg file to point it to the correct disk or....? I thought that's what the include/exclude function was for but as I've already noted, that's not working.

Note that you should only specify Included disks or Excluded disks, not both.

Also there is a global User Share settings page where you can Enable/Disable User Shares and you can Include or Exclude disks from all of your User Shares.

1) Please verify you have User Shares "Enabled"

2) Please verify that the Included and Excluded fields are both blank

http://lime-technology.com/setting-up-your-file-structure-and-user-shares-on-unraid/

Note that you should only specify Included disks or Excluded disks, not both.

Also there is a global User Share settings page where you can Enable/Disable User Shares and you can Include or Exclude disks from all of your User Shares.

1) Please verify you have User Shares "Enabled"

2) Please verify that the Included and Excluded fields are both blank

http://lime-technology.com/setting-up-your-file-structure-and-user-shares-on-unraid/

Yes, I tried either/or included/excluded at separate times. Both returned the same errror in the thread title.

User shares are enabled. Fields are set to defaults of "All" and "None" at both the global and user share level (blank in the .cfg file).

Holy THANK YOU!!!! I could kiss you right now! :-* Finally finished the parity check, upgraded to "Plus" and added my cache drive and then had time to run "New Permissions"...

Totally fixed the issue! I even created new user share with a single included disk no problem! And the shares are all showing aggregate views of the data that's on the drives it's supposed to be!!!!! YAAAAAAAY!

Thank-You.jpg

Holy THANK YOU!!!! I could kiss you right now! :-* Finally finished the parity check, upgraded to "Plus" and added my cache drive and then had time to run "New Permissions"...

Totally fixed the issue! I even created new user share with a single included disk no problem! And the shares are all showing aggregate views of the data that's on the drives it's supposed to be!!!!! YAAAAAAAY!

Thank-You.jpg

Running the new permissions option should not have been required if you were moving files via windows Explorer.   

It becomes necessary if you have done it in a telnet session and not used the correct parameters to preserve permissions as then the owner of the files is typically changed to 'root' which stops them being visible via the network shares.  Note that if you have used a telnet session then you can run the command of the form

newperms path_to_set_permissions_for

which tends to be much faster than the generic New Permissions GUI option as it only works on files (and subfolders) in the path specified.

Running the new permissions option should not have been required if you were moving files via windows Explorer.   

It becomes necessary if you have done it in a telnet session and not used the correct parameters to preserve permissions as then the owner of the files is typically changed to 'root' which stops them being visible via the network shares.  Note that if you have used a telnet session then you can run the command of the form

newperms path_to_set_permissions_for

which tends to be much faster than the generic New Permissions GUI option as it only works on files (and subfolders) in the path specified.

Well I only ever moved data via explorer so I have no idea why there was a problem but I'm glad that New Permissions fixed the problem.

Archived