cron daily reboot. Ignore if parity check?

Swixxy

I currently have a cron job set up to restart my server every night. However if a parity check is running and has not completed, it gets interrupted by the shutdown process. Is there a way to check if a parity is running? Or ideally any disk process (like rebuilding a disk etc)

I use the powerdown script to restart currently. I manually remove the cron when doing a parity check/disk upgrade. However would love to make it automated

I currently have a cron job set up to restart my server every night. However if a parity check is running and has not completed, it gets interrupted by the shutdown process. Is there a way to check if a parity is running? Or ideally any disk process (like rebuilding a disk etc)

I use the powerdown script to restart currently. I manually remove the cron when doing a parity check/disk upgrade. However would love to make it automated

Have you tried the s3_sleep plugin? It has an option to powerdown the system.

Mind if I ask why you restart your server nightly?

As for the cron, you could set your restart cron job to run everyday besides the 1st of the month (or whichever day you run your parity check). ie something like 0 23 2-31 * * /path/to/script

My plex docker and a few others seem to not respond sometimes after a while, the app seemingly hangs. This way all my dockers restart daily so I don't have to manually restart them sometimes. Ideally I'd just restart all dockers however I couldn't find a way to do this easily (without updating it for each docker I add)

The system only takes 4 minutes to go fully down and back up though, so it's not really a problem, so far! Although I'm sure one day I'll need my files and curse it to high heaven for going offline at 4:40am ! :P

I think that this works, however you might want to check with Bonienl

cat /proc/mdcmd | grep 'mdResync='

If the value is >0 a check / rebuild is running

This is what I was looking for. Thank you I will look into this.

Have you tried using the following commands:

/etc/rc.d/rc.docker stop

Sleep 60

/etc/rc.d/rc.docker start

I dont know if the sleep between the stop and start are required.

have just tried this

/etc/rc.d/rc.docker stop && /etc/rc.d/rc.docker start

and it actually seems to be perfect for what i need! Thank you! I assumed that the dockers would not auto-start just using the docker command as i assumed (wrongly) that the dockers auto-starting was to-do with the unraid docker plugin rather than the actual rc.docker itself.