Easiest way to mount an external drive [NTFS | exFAT]

Hey all, I'm just getting running with Unraid 6 and am wondering if there's a nice one click "mount this drive" plugin/option, that will allow me to attach an external USB drive and mount it from the dashboard, without having to hit the command prompt. ;D

I seem to remember Unmenu could do this in 5 right?

Cheers!

Hey all, I'm just getting running with Unraid 6 and am wondering if there's a nice one click "mount this drive" plugin/option, that will allow me to attach an external USB drive and mount it from the dashboard, without having to hit the command prompt. ;D

I seem to remember Unmenu could do this in 5 right?

Cheers!

You want to install the SNAP plugin to help with this.

There is talk of integrating SNAP functionality into the base unRAID system, but I expect if it happens this will be post the 6.0 release.

Great thanks for the heads up.  Works really nicely, only problem is it doesn't currently support exFAT.

Never really noticed that as I do not use exFAT.  I believe that exFAT is primarily designed for flash drives, and on those I tend to use FAT32 instead.  I have no idea what the state is at the Linux level for exFAT drivers and whether they are even available for Slackware (which is what unRAID is at its core).

• 4 years later...
10 hours ago, a867777057 said:

Hi johnieutah!Could you please tell me how to working with this package?Thank you very much!

You have replied to a thread that is nearly 5 years old and I assume was for Unraid V5. I will move the thread to Legacy subforum soon.  Reviewing the thread I see it was for V6, but it was so long ago that nothing in this thread, except for my advice about Unassigned Devices, still applies. That SNAP plugin is long deprecated. If anyone is still using it, don't.

Forget about this. What you want is the Unassigned Devices plugin.