Dockers can be messy

xtrips

Hello,

I just moved on from 5.0.6 to 6.0 b15 and therefore moved from Phaze plugins to Dockers plugins.

I understand the advantages but for the moment I only encounter problems.

Here are some:

- Changing the mapped ports for ruTorent or Sabnzbd in the app interface and/or the dockers interface does not help. The apps won't accept any other ports than the ones preconfigured, eventhough visually, in both the interfaces it shows as if it has accepted the change.

- Apps like Sabnzbd doesn't apparently have 'Write' permissions in the folders i assigned for that purpose in both the app and the Dockers interface. So after a download it cannot write the files where they're supposed to be.

Working with these Dockers' containers pretty well 'contains' the applications, maybe too much.

Hello,

I just moved on from 5.0.6 to 6.0 b15 and therefore moved from Phaze plugins to Dockers plugins.

I understand the advantages but for the moment I only encounter problems.

Here are some:

- Changing the mapped ports for ruTorent or Sabnzbd in the app interface and/or the dockers interface does not help. The apps won't accept any other ports than the ones preconfigured, eventhough visually, in both the interfaces it shows as if it has accepted the change.

When changing ports, you only change the port on the Host side of things.  You don't touch the port number on the container side.

- Apps like Sabnzbd doesn't apparently have 'Write' permissions in the folders i assigned for that purpose in both the app and the Dockers interface. So after a download it cannot write the files where they're supposed to be.

Just like HellDiver, it works perfectly for me.

It would be a good idea to post a screen shot of the ports and volume mapping from the add/container section so we can see whats going on here.

I too think dockers can be messy or hard to understand for new users. There are pros and cons to dockers, pros it solves the dependency issues that sometimes arrise with plugins.

The cons IMO is that involves a bit more knowlage about the filesystem and port mappings to get up and running succesfuly.

If you really don't want to deal with dockers anymore or just can't figure it out, most plugins you want (likely) are avaiable for unRAID 6.

I too think dockers can be messy or hard to understand for new users. There are pros and cons to dockers, pros it solves the dependency issues that sometimes arrise with plugins.

The cons IMO is that involves a bit more knowlage about the filesystem and port mappings to get up and running succesfuly.

If you really don't want to deal with dockers anymore or just can't figure it out, most plugins you want (likely) are avaiable for unRAID 6.

We are working to further simplify docker, although I don't think its very hard to use right now, especially if you read the guide.

Archived