Serviio Docker???

sane

OK, as UNRAID finally gets to RC standard, I guess I have to think about shifting over. Thus I'm trying to replicate my existing setup first of all. And that means finding docker versions of existing plugins, since plugins seem to be frowned upon.

However, looking around here I see no sign of a Serviio docker container, and pretty little talk of DLNA compliant app solutions at all.

Does such a beast exist and I've missed it? Or is there a more feature rich, compliant, alternative? Or is there some reason it won't work within a Docker container?

Plex does DLNA

Yeah, I'm not sure what it does to it, but the compatibility and quality when I had a play a while back were ..... questionable. In part why I want what I've got working on 6.0, before I play with anything else.

There are references to Serviio dockers elsewhere (git), but I'm new to it all, the terms are opaque, and there is more than a whiff of flaky about them.

Plex does DLNA

Yeah, I'm not sure what it does to it, but the compatibility and quality when I had a play a while back were ..... questionable. In part why I want what I've got working on 6.0, before I play with anything else.

There are references to Serviio dockers elsewhere (git), but I'm new to it all, the terms are opaque, and there is more than a whiff of flaky about them.

on the surface of it , it looks doable with a combo of a rdp based docker for the config and running the main app via either supervisor or runit.

i'm busy trying to wrestle another container to my will at the moment, but if nobody takes up the mantel, i'll give it a shot when i've either given up with the pig i'm working on now, or i've finished it.

on the surface of it , it looks doable with a combo of a rdp based docker for the config and running the main app via either supervisor or runit.

Err ....... right ........

;)

i'm busy trying to wrestle another container to my will at the moment, but if nobody takes up the mantel, i'll give it a shot when i've either given up with the pig i'm working on now, or i've finished it.

A thousand thanks sir, I think there might be quite a few people grateful of the option - and by that point the 6.0 RC might even be stable....  :-X

Err ....... right ........

;)

A thousand thanks sir, I think there might be quite a few people grateful of the option - and by that point the 6.0 RC might even be stable....  :-X

first version is in my beta repo, went with a web interface i found for it as the other option gave me issues with java.

first version is in my beta repo, went with a web interface i found for it as the other option gave me issues with java.

As I understand it the webgui is no longer under active development, least that's what PhAzE said with his plugin. There might be an alternative around though. Most people end up using smartphone UIs via the REST API to control it.

As for configs, there are some .sh files to setup subdirectories (particularly for the database, which can get corrupted) and an XML file or two to control profiles and decide which file gets passed, which transcribed, and so forth.

As I understand it the webgui is no longer under active development, least that's what PhAzE said with his plugin. There might be an alternative around though. Most people end up using smartphone UIs via the REST API to control it.

As for configs, there are some .sh files to setup subdirectories (particularly for the database, which can get corrupted) and an XML file or two to control profiles and decide which file gets passed, which transcribed, and so forth.

i've got no way to test this, btw...

lol.

it look's like the webui is totally busted.

as for config files, i'm going to pass the app files themselves out to unraid mapped folder. the container will have ffmpeg, java etc... needed to run it.

it's very much WIP.

after all that nonsense, there is already a serviio docker in gfardjim's repository, deleting mine.

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see it in either the repository thread (updated today) or the CR plugin (updated 1 min ago)

after all that nonsense, there is already a serviio docker in gfardjim's repository, deleting mine.

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see it in either the repository thread (updated today) or the CR plugin (updated 1 min ago)

k.  found it on GitHub.  Not part of his repo however.  No template created for it.

k.  found it on GitHub.  Not part of his repo however.  No template created for it.

Hmm, the only thing I can find is an old version of Serviio (v1.4) lumped in with crashplan for some reason (?) - and gfardjim has gone off on holiday so we can't ask him for more info.

Given that Serviio 1.5 went to a new version of Java, I think deleting work to date might be a bit premature....

got  the webui working for this now and it's in the build.

if there is anyone (is there anyone out there ?) that has an earlier iteration, you're going to have to crash and burn and start over, i'm afraid.

reload the template by checking for update on docker page , DON'T USE the myserviio from the top list, use a fresh template from my repo link and readd.

i think i've also got the config persistent outside of the docker. can't be 100% on that without some testing and hopefully some feedback.

Did a fresh install on the docker but still cannot get to the webui.

Network type is bridge but IP:8895 does not bring up the webui.

it must be network type host for this docker, the default setting from the latest version of template.

the web host is not on port 8895, but port 80.

EDIT: changed port to 8780 for the webui as you cannot remap ports when the network type is host.

new build is triggered on dockerhub.

this will obviously need to be remapped in the docker add template to avoid clash with unraid webui.

i can add media folders through the web interface (audio and movies, tried so far) and it plays them if i browse on kodi in upnp devices.

and the config information is persistent too.

i can't test transcoding as i don't have any other DLNA devices other than kodi.

Archived