Cache Drive shows Unassigned - RC4

Hoopster

Upgraded to RC4 a couple of days ago from RC2 (skipped RC3).  All was normal until last night when I shutdown the server to replace two noisy case fans.  On reboot cache drive shows as unassigned.  Docker tab is missing (because docker image is on cache-only share) and all my user shares show as unprotected even though I have a parity drive assigned.

Any ideas as to the cause?

Cache_Unassigned.png.e38adb0bc744278fb91b3eda78f30d9e.png

Shares_Unprotected.png.15f82a3d68cc6f756bce99fca768a8a0.png

No_Docker.png.ab63600b88a48d224ef7a13633188f64.png

I had this issue with my test server, re-assigned it and rebooted, all was good!! I believe it was the upgrade to rc3, my dockers were gone & had to retreat..... didn't realize it wasn't assigned until rc4 though!

I reassigned the cache drive (did not even have to reboot) and all was fine.  I also did not have to recreate my dockers.  I figured reassignment was the solution to the problem, but, I was concerned about the cause since I changed nothing and it just "randomly" happened on a reboot.  I have been running unRAID for four years through many versions of v5 and v6 and have never seen a drive suddenly become "unassigned" so I was concerned I had done something wrong.  Thanks for the reply.

I had this issue with my test server, re-assigned it and rebooted, all was good!! I believe it was the upgrade to rc3, my dockers were gone & had to retreat..... didn't realize it wasn't assigned until rc4 though!

I reassigned the cache drive (did not even have to reboot) and all was fine.  I also did not have to recreate my dockers.  I figured reassignment was the solution to the problem, but, I was concerned about the cause since I changed nothing and it just "randomly" happened on a reboot.  I have been running unRAID for four years through many versions of v5 and v6 and have never seen a drive suddenly become "unassigned" so I was concerned I had done something wrong.  Thanks for the reply.

When unRAID settings seem to be unstuck I always suspect the flash drive. If it is corrupt it could keep unRAID from writing a setting you make in the webGUI. It might appear as though it worked but after a reboot it won't remember.

If you think that might be your problem you can look in your syslog for lines about FAT-fs. You can usually fix the problem by putting your flash in your PC and letting it checkdisk.

Archived