Yellow exclamation on user shares?

opentoe

Do you have a cache drive? The purpose of the symbol in this context is to indicate that some of the files for the share are still on cache and so are not parity-protected. There has also been a bug reported about this when people don't have a cache drive.

Do you have a cache drive? The purpose of the symbol in this context is to indicate that some of the files for the share are still on cache and so are not parity-protected. There has also been a bug reported about this when people don't have a cache drive.

Removed my cache drive. Rebooted. Apparently a bug. I'll search the reported bugs thread/area first before posting similar.

Thx.

As trurl noted, this is a known bug.

trurl => Does it work correctly when there's a cache?  I thought I'd seen a case where the same status was shown on a btrfs cache pool (which would also be wrong).

I wish I knew. All my cache-only shares have a green ball. I think on the previous release they had some other indicator.

All my other shares also have a green ball, but they don't use cache.

As trurl noted, this is a known bug.

trurl => Does it work correctly when there's a cache?  I thought I'd seen a case where the same status was shown on a btrfs cache pool (which would also be wrong).

I wish I knew. All my cache-only shares have a green ball. I think on the previous release they had some other indicator.

All my other shares also have a green ball, but they don't use cache.

A green ball for a cache-only share is also a bug UNLESS it's a protected btrfs cache pool.

The other shares are showing correctly -- but on my system (and many others that have been reported) they incorrectly show the yellow triangle.

Removed my cache drive. Rebooted. Apparently a bug. I'll search the reported bugs thread/area first before posting similar.

Thx.

See this post (note Tom's post acknowledging that he's aware of this):

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40368.msg379938#msg379938

A green ball for a cache-only share is also a bug UNLESS it's a protected btrfs cache pool.

Mine is btrfs cache pool so I guess it's right then.

Yes, it sounds like it's correct in that case.    That may also explain why your shares all show green balls => whatever the error is, it's apparently resulting in BOTH unprotected cache drives showing incorrect status AND protected shares showing incorrect status.  Clearly the INTENT is to show whether or not data associated with a share has all been moved to the array or not on systems with unprotected cache drives ... but the implementation isn't working correctly.  A share should only have the yellow triangle if (a) there is data for the share currently on the cache, and the cache isn't a protected pool;  (b)  there is no parity drive; or © there's currently a red-balled drive in the system.    Data on the cache should only have the yellow triangle if the cache isn't a protected pool or if it's a protected pool but a drive has failed.

I assume that will be corrected in the  next RC ... or at least before official stable release.

Archived