[support] macesters's Docker Repository

Hi,

Has anyone come across this error when trying to start the vpn server from the web GUI? Any tips on how to start troubleshooting?

process started and then immediately exited:

['Sun Aug 16 22:48:57 2015 ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such file or directory (errno=2)']

service failed to start or returned error status

Tried the information found in this link but it's not working. I'm guessing it doesn't apply to docker containers.

http://wiki.vpslink.com/TUN/TAP_device_with_OpenVPN_or_Hamachi

Updated openvpn and all I had to do was set the password for the user (it was reset to none)

I read in the description that the admin password was different so that didn't throw me off.

However, I can no longer use it with Win 10. (Probably due to the fact that Win 10 got an update last night).

I can connect, but I don't get a working connection (no access to local machines or the internet). Android devices work just fine with both gateway redirection as well as local network access.

Anybody else having issues with openvpn on the latest win 10 update?

Thanks

EDIT: Magically, 24 hours later it is working again. Win 10 is giving me a lot of wi-fi issues on two different machines. . . Win 8.1 didn't have any issues.

I'm having this issue with OpenVPN-AS:

* Starting openvpnas openvpnas
...done.
Setting Admin default username and password: admin/openvpn
ERROR: --sock parameter (u'/config/config/etc/sock/sagent.localroot', u'/config/config/etc/sock/sagent') doesn't point to active socket: util/options:79,sagent/sacli:321,sagent/sacli:235,:1,sagent/sagent_entry:58,sagent/sacli:837,util/options:79,sagent/sacli:321,sagent/sacli:235,util/error:61,util/error:44
ERROR: --sock parameter (u'/config/config/etc/sock/sagent.localroot', u'/config/config/etc/sock/sagent') doesn't point to active socket: util/options:79,sagent/sacli:321,sagent/sacli:235,:1,sagent/sagent_entry:58,sagent/sacli:837,util/options:79,sagent/sacli:321,sagent/sacli:235,util/error:61,util/error:44
* Restarting openvpnas openvpnas
...done.

Any suggestions? I'm sure it's just something I've overlooked.

...done.
...done.

The error "sagent/sacli:321" is becuse openvpn havent started properly, and the sacli client cant set the default username since openvpn havent started.

Is this a new install or upgrade?

Cant you post the full log instead.

...done.
...done.

The error "sagent/sacli:321" is becuse openvpn havent started properly, and the sacli client cant set the default username since openvpn havent started.

I just updated yesterday and found that I couldn't access the webui, so I did a fresh install and am now getting this. My full log: https://gist.github.com/Holbert/c768a27ea2bfa2b0c30d Thanks for looking at this.

...done.
...done.

I just updated yesterday and found that I couldn't access the webui, so I did a fresh install and am now getting this. My full log: https://gist.github.com/Holbert/c768a27ea2bfa2b0c30d Thanks for looking at this.

Is there any files in your: Example, "/mnt/cache/appdata/openvpn/config/etc/"?

if not try and delete the directory completly "/mnt/cache/appdata/openvpn/" in this example, and remove the container and image.

then try to map the path "/mnt/cache/appdata/openvpn/" and "/mnt/user/appdata/openvpn/", sometimes one of the path works not really sure why.

Hi,

Has anyone come across this error when trying to start the vpn server from the web GUI? Any tips on how to start troubleshooting?

process started and then immediately exited:

['Sun Aug 16 22:48:57 2015 ERROR: Cannot open TUN/TAP dev /dev/net/tun: No such file or directory (errno=2)']

service failed to start or returned error status

Tried the information found in this link but it's not working. I'm guessing it doesn't apply to docker containers.

http://wiki.vpslink.com/TUN/TAP_device_with_OpenVPN_or_Hamachi

Is Network type: "host"?

And if you click advanced is the "Privileged" box ticked?

...done.
...done.

Is there any files in your: Example, "/mnt/cache/appdata/openvpn/config/etc/"?

if not try and delete the directory completly "/mnt/cache/appdata/openvpn/" in this example, and remove the container and image.

then try to map the path "/mnt/cache/appdata/openvpn/" and "/mnt/user/appdata/openvpn/", sometimes one of the path works not really sure why.

Got is working. Was using /mnt/usr/... for config and changed it to /mnt/disk1/... and it working. Thanks for the help!

Excellent! I had the same issue (using /mnt/user and some more. Luckily everything is working now. I was also using /mnt/user/appdata. I deleted container and image. After that deleted the openvpn folder from appdata folder to start off fresh. @ Macester, maybe add the below to the first post for new users? Might help some.

I added the OpenVPN-AS docker from the Community Applications plugin and used the following mapping:

/config <-> /mnt/disk1/appdata/openvpn/

Then I opened up the OpenVPN WebGUI and changed the settings per macester his post here:

For a fully working vpn server that can reach recources on your home LAN it´s pretty simple.

Configuration section:

Server Network Settings (tab)

Hostname or IP Address:

(external ip or dnas name ex, myunraid.dyndns.org).

VPN Settings                  (tab)

Routing - "Specify the private subnets to which all clients should be given access":

(add your home LAN ex, 192.168.1.0/24 bellow the line 172.17.0.0/16)

DNS Settings - Have clients use these DNS servers:

(primary dns 8.8.8.8 secondary dns 8.8.4.4)

User Management section:

User Permissions           (tab)

(add the two vpn users matching the exact name from the docker "Variable Value")

Then on your client surf to https://myunraid.dyndns.org:943 and login with the vpnuser details.

A side note is that in the .ovpn file for your client you might want to remove the line that says myunraid.dyndns.org:443 and just keep the lines with myunraid.dyndns.org:1194 for a big speed improvment.

Or disable tcp/443 connections in the webui (no need to forward port tcp/443 in your router)

Besides the above I also changed the following setting under VPN Settings because I personally don't want internet access to go through the client VPN tunnel:

Should client Internet traffic be routed through the VPN? to No (default is Yes)

This all lead me to a working configuration.

Only thing is that access is only possible by IP not hostname. I can normally do this on the internal LAN but found out it would be WINS since my router doesn't have dnsmasq. Because when I do a "nslookup <router-ip> tower" it doesn't return anything.

Anybody got a solution for this? I don't want to buy another router which supports dnsmasq :)

My OpenVPN-AS docker stopped working (I was using port 443), I can access 943/admin but I get Invalid Account every time I try to login as "openvpn" and put the ADMIN_PASS any ideas?

I guess you just updated it,

- Admin username changed, "admin" and password "openvpn". (openvpn user gets auto removed)

- Default tcp port changed from 443 to 9443.

- All username/password variables removed, now uses internal database.

- "INTERFACE" variable added, fixes bond0 issues.

- Openvpn is now running as nobody:users.

So basicly you can remove all the variables(unless you use bond0).

My OpenVPN-AS docker stopped working (I was using port 443), I can access 943/admin but I get Invalid Account every time I try to login as "openvpn" and put the ADMIN_PASS any ideas?

- Admin username changed, "admin" and password "openvpn". (openvpn user gets auto removed)

Ahhhh...  That explains it....    But I need it to be 443, can I change the settings?  Not too worried about the admin/openvpn user/pass, but I really need it to be at port 443.

EDIT: Switched to Bridged mode and mapped 9443 to 443, and changed pw and added the 2 users in the GUI, all good!    Thanks!

Ahhhh...  That explains it....    But I need it to be 443, can I change the settings?  Not too worried about the admin/openvpn user/pass, but I really need it to be at port 443.

EDIT: Switched to Bridged mode and mapped 9443 to 443, and changed pw and added the 2 users in the GUI, all good!    Thanks!

You can change the port in the webGui.

Been using OpenVPN AS for a while now, but I was still wondering, my Android device won't accept OSI Layer 2 setup like my PC can, so from my phone I can't access other dockers like CouchPotato or SabNZBd.  Is there a way to use OSI Layer 3 and setup routes that allows my android device communicate to other dockers?  My Android (Note 3 running Android 5.0.1) won't connect using OSI Layer 2 saying TAP is not allowed.  I have to use OSI Layer 3 and vnc into a machine on my network in order to check couchpotato/sabnzbd/sickbeard, etc etc

Thanks in advance!

Been using OpenVPN AS for a while now, but I was still wondering, my Android device won't accept OSI Layer 2 setup like my PC can, so from my phone I can't access other dockers like CouchPotato or SabNZBd.  Is there a way to use OSI Layer 3 and setup routes that allows my android device communicate to other dockers?  My Android (Note 3 running Android 5.0.1) won't connect using OSI Layer 2 saying TAP is not allowed.  I have to use OSI Layer 3 and vnc into a machine on my network in order to check couchpotato/sabnzbd/sickbeard, etc etc

Thanks in advance!

This works for me on my samsung atleast, 192.168.1.0 being my home network.

VX2AFES.png

This works for me on my samsung atleast, 192.168.1.0 being my home network.

VX2AFES.png

I did that, and that's how I can connect to Tower (unRAID webgui) but when I try to go to Tower:8081 it doesn't work.  Odd...

EDIT:  When I say Tower and Tower:8081 I mean the IP address...i.e.  192.168.0.2 (tower) and 192.168.0.2:8081 (couchpotato)  I even tried 192.168.0.2:5050 (internal port for couch potato)

EDIT 2:  Figured it out..  I made my Dynamic IP address 192.168.1.0/30 and added the 192.168.0.0/24 and 172.17.0.0/16 on the routing table and now I can see my internal network.  :)

EDIT 3: Had to change Dynamic IP address to 192.168.1.0/29 (the server was using 1 IP and it was only letting me connect 1 more, now I can connect 5 but only have license for 2, but that's ok...

Can anyone help me get this docker working i install it and the webGUI is not accessible.... is it broken>?

Fixed: if the host path has to be /usr/local/openvpn_as    why not hard code it

Wierd, /config/config is a symlink to /usr/local/openvpn_as.

Works as it should for me.

When it dident work did you try /config --> /mnt/user/cache and /mnt/cache? sometimes one of them work usally "/mnt/cache"

i tried /mnt/user/dockerApps 

which is cache only...

its all working well except i cant access any dockers that are in bridge mode but those that are in host mode work fine?

Never had that issue myself, I can access all my "bridge" dockers.

Try "/mnt/cache/dockerApps" there is some issue when using "/user/" mount point, something happens to some ppl myself included never been able to pin it down(the symlink gets looped to itself).

i tried /mnt/user/dockerApps 

which is cache only...

its all working well except i cant access any dockers that are in bridge mode but those that are in host mode work fine?

Never had that issue myself, I can access all my "bridge" dockers.

Try "/mnt/cache/dockerApps" there is some issue when using "/user/" mount point, something happens to some ppl myself included never been able to pin it down(the symlink gets looped to itself).

could you tell me all the settings you use? or the ones the changed from default after setup please :)

Here are the settings I use,

kGodBw7.png

For a fully working vpn server that can reach recources on your home LAN it´s pretty simple.

Configuration section:

Server Network Settings (tab)

Hostname or IP Address:

(external ip or dnas name ex, myunraid.dyndns.org).

VPN Settings                  (tab)

Routing - "Specify the private subnets to which all clients should be given access":

(add your home LAN ex, 192.168.1.0/24 bellow the line 172.17.0.0/16)

DNS Settings - Have clients use these DNS servers:

(primary dns 8.8.8.8 secondary dns 8.8.4.4)

User Management section:

User Permissions           (tab)

Add two vpn users with passwords)

Then on your client surf to https://myunraid.dyndns.org:943 and login with the vpnuser details.

A side note is that in the .ovpn file for your client you might want to remove the line that says myunraid.dyndns.org:9443 and just keep the lines with myunraid.dyndns.org:1194 for a big speed improvment.

Or disable tcp/9443 connections in the webui (no need to forward port tcp/9443 in your router)

//mace