[Solved] After system crash there is missing free space on disks

Eisi2005

Hi,

i´m running 6.0.1 and i manually move files from some disks (disc1,2,3,4) to one other disc (disc8). I moved many file from the first 3 disc, during the move process from disc4 , unraid crashed and i must hard reboot the machine. After reboot i could start the array but disc 1-4 show me not the correct free space. i see only the space before i move the files.

On the other side on disc 8 where i mive the files , there show unraid me the correct size. The size after moving the files from disc 1-3. Should i make a parrity check to get the correct free space value from the other discs or what should i do ?

Thanks

thanks for your hint. I dont want to make anything wrong. Because i know that there is the wrong free file size. Should i still run first reiserfsck --check /dev/md1 or should i run reiserfsck --fix-fixable /dev/md1 immediately  ?

Thanks for your help

Did unRAID not already run a parity check after the hard reboot? That is usually what happens.

You should definitely do the --check before trying any other reiserfsck.

How did you move the files? It could be that the files still exist on the source. Moving files will copy to destination before deleting from source. Maybe the crash happened before the delete could complete.

Hi,

i move it with mv /mnt/disc1/server/movie/A-C/* /mnt/diskc/server/movie/A-C/

I checked this and the files are not more on the disc1. Before unraid crash the webgui shows me the correct new free disc space.

I didnt run a parrity check.

Should i use first a parrity check or should i use reiserfsck to get the correct display of free space ?

i move it with mv /mnt/disc1/server/movie/A-C/* /mnt/diskc/server/movie/A-C/

There isn't normally anything called /mnt/diskc. Typo?

You didn't really answer my question. If you did a hard reboot then unRAID should have already started a parity check. Did it or not? If it did, did you cancel it?

In any case parity check isn't likely to fix your reported issue but should probably be done anyway. Do the reiserfsck --check first and you can do the parity check later.

But, before doing anything else, go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach.

Hi sorry my english is not so good. I try to answer your questions correct.

1. its a typo i mean disc8

2. After hard reboot unraid start a parity check but i cancel it because i make a parity check tonight before i switch from 5.06 to 6.01

3. at the moment there i running a reiserfsck --check /dev/md1

what are the next steps ?

At the moment the array is started in maintenance  mode. Should i first start the array in normal mode after the reiserfsck --check /dev/md1 is done, then go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach here ?

Thanks for your help.

Hi sorry my english is not so good. I try to answer your questions correct.

1. its a typo i mean disc8

2. After hard reboot unraid start a parity check but i cancel it because i make a parity check tonight before i switch from 5.06 to 6.01

3. at the moment there i running a reiserfsck --check /dev/md1

what are the next steps ?

At the moment the array is started in maintenance  mode. Should i first start the array in normal mode after the reiserfsck --check /dev/md1 is done, then go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach here ?

Thanks for your help.

Since you have already started --check just wait till it finishes and report the result.

Archived