Closed (Original LinuxServer support thread)

Try nzbget. The guys badgered me into doing so and I haven't looked back.

I used Sab for 4+ years stubbornly. We do have a Sab docker already, just not released yet BTW.

I have tried it.  On 3 different occasions.  I really, really wanted to like it, but no matter how much time I gave it, and how many different configs I tried, I just kept wanting to go back to Sab.  And now with the new skin in the alpha versions, I'm really looking forward to trying out the new version.

I guess that means no?  :)

new sab skin ?

got a link so i can have a look see ?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we did toy with a few

Gold

height=256http://i.imgur.com/b8ea5oI.jpg[/img]

Toned down a bit

height=256http://i.imgur.com/FIejVR8.jpg[/img]

Bigger logo

height=256http://i.imgur.com/9MOAbLs.jpg[/img]

Just the icon not the name as well

height=256http://i.imgur.com/amEWWIK.png[/img]

But we haven't decided what we want yet

There's gold in them hills...!

Sadly the, "niceness" of the icons will go away as when they get reduced in size, all the nuance goes away...

Not that it's any of my business, but I really think LinuxServer.io would benefit from a good Graphic Artist to create some nice icons and "branding" perhaps even do up that hideous sign Sparklyballs has on his containers  ;D

If I can think of anyone or see anyone suitable on the forums then I'll post back here, unless somebody springs to mind already guys?

I reckon possibly a Hispanic influence might be good...  ;D

cough... cough...  8)

new sab skin ?

Its called Glitter.... I tried it on current version of Sab and its very much alpha... but it looks promising. Looks like it will be part of Sab 8; if and when....

https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18880

I too was an avid Sab user, but only today, I was able to successfully implement NZBGet thanks to Dimtar's guidance.

There's gold in them hills...!

Sadly the, "niceness" of the icons will go away as when they get reduced in size, all the nuance goes away...

Just a cheeky way of saying we are the gold standard ;)

The icons can be used in other places as well as the docker page though, this is sort of what they look like at the small size though:

HuhC3I0.jpg

If you want to help us out though, feel free to join the channel and we can have a chat if you dont have an irc channel you can use this

Not that it's any of my business, but I really think LinuxServer.io would benefit from a good Graphic Artist to create some nice icons and "branding" perhaps even do up that hideous sign Sparklyballs has on his containers  ;D

If I can think of anyone or see anyone suitable on the forums then I'll post back here, unless somebody springs to mind already guys?

I reckon possibly a Hispanic influence might be good...  ;D

cough... cough...  8)

What's that hernandito?  Are you any good with stuff like that?  ;D

I think you should head over to irc..

This linuxserver.io business is amazing I can see it really consolidating some brilliant work from some of the most talented dockerisers on here.

Plus some nice professional looking icons.  ;D I'm a sucker for eye candy..

new sab skin ?

Its called Glitter.... I tried it on current version of Sab and its very much alpha... but it looks promising. Looks like it will be part of Sab 8; if and when....

https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18880

I too was an avid Sab user, but only today, I was able to successfully implement NZBGet thanks to Dimtar's guidance.

They stopped development on Glitter for the current version of Sab.  In fact, I think they pulled the theme file outright so its really now only available for alphas and beyond.  None of the sab dockers support anything but the stable versions, as far as I've seen.

Edit-- Here are the reasons why I felt nzbget didn't work for me when I tried it:

• No.Replace.Dots.With.Spaces.In.Folder.Name option--this one drove me crazy.
  • The "Messages" tab at the top was just constantly flooded with needless info. Finally figured out how to change the logging level with a configuration switch buried in the configuration file, but seriously, why??
  • Sorting/renaming requires 3rd party post-processing script.
  • Single-thread post processing?
  • Couldn't figure out a way to monitor connections to my various news servers

They stopped development on Glitter for the current version of Sab.  In fact, I think they pulled the theme file outright so its really now only available for alphas and beyond.  None of the sab dockers support anything but the stable versions, as far as I've seen.

• The "Messages" tab at the top was just constantly flooded with needless info. Finally figured out how to change the logging level with a configuration switch buried in the configuration file, but seriously, why??
  • Sorting/renaming requires 3rd party post-processing script.
  • Single-thread post processing?
  • Couldn't figure out a way to monitor connections to my various news servers

How did you solve the Messages thing... I have looked all over... is it limit the messages, or getting rid of the useless ones about downloading completion on all the parts? Mine is at a constant 1000 messages.

Won't Sonar/Sickrage and Couchpotato handle the renaming? This what I discovered today.

How did you solve the Messages thing... I have looked all over... is it limit the messages, or getting rid of the useless ones about downloading completion on all the parts? Mine is at a constant 1000 messages.

Won't Sonar/Sickrage and Couchpotato handle the renaming? This what I discovered today.

I don't recall, unfortunately, but I spun up a Docker nzbget to try to remember.

I think it's the DetailTarget and InfoTarget logging items (which now, apparently, are accessible within the GUI config as well).  I think if you change those to either "log" or "none" that will keep those messages at the top of the GUI from growing into the thousands just because its logging every article being downloaded. 

And yes, while I use CP and Sonarr, there are times I download things manually and want basic sorting ability or (more importantly) the ability to replace dots with spaces in the name.

Get ready for it, the stupidest question you have seen all week.

The feature that the LinuxServer Dockers have of running as a certain PUID and GUID, is this something available to any docker?

Not a stupid question at all.  I am converting all of my dockers over to the LinuxSever ones because of this.  The docker needs to be built to handle this and uses a script that was made by LinuxServer.  So sadly.. the docker needs to be built with this in mind.