Closed (Original LinuxServer support thread)

ironicbadger

Sounds like you forgot to set the value of pgid and puid? Eg "-e puid=99"

Hi lonix,

Thanks for getting back to me...

I have correctly entered the env. variables -e puid=99 and -e pgid=100...I am not using the Unraid xml template...I am using this docker on a Debian install...

Thanks!

Could you kindly paste your docker run/create command ?

Here it is:

docker run -d --name="nzbget-test" --restart="always" --net="host" -v "/home/docker/config/testing/":/config -v "/home/docker/volumes/downloads":/downloads -e PUID=99 -e PGID=100 linuxserver/nzbget

I have other containers that use the set user environment variables, like the one's that hurricane has made, and the ownership is correct...

I might be wrong, but I think the way the scripts are set up, they do not pull in the variables for setting the puid & guid...

Thanks for your help.

if you're running docker on a debian installation, then shouldn't the puid and pgid values be different ?

Normally yes, but I created a user "docker" with the puid:pgid of 99:100.

I have about a dozen containers up and running correctly with my "docker" user...

The owner guid, puid that are created with this nzbget container do seem to get the values from the environment variables though...

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like you forgot to set the value of pgid and puid? Eg "-e puid=99"

Hi lonix,

Thanks for getting back to me...

I have correctly entered the env. variables -e puid=99 and -e pgid=100...I am not using the Unraid xml template...I am using this docker on a Debian install...

Thanks!

Could you kindly paste your docker run/create command ?

Here it is:

docker run -d --name="nzbget-test" --restart="always" --net="host" -v "/home/docker/config/testing/":/config -v "/home/docker/volumes/downloads":/downloads -e PUID=99 -e PGID=100 linuxserver/nzbget

I have other containers that use the set user environment variables, like the one's that hurricane has made, and the ownership is correct...

I might be wrong, but I think the way the scripts are set up, they do not pull in the variables for setting the puid & guid...

Thanks for your help.

if you're running docker on a debian installation, then shouldn't the puid and pgid values be different ?

Normally yes, but I created a user "docker" with the puid:pgid of 99:100.

I have about a dozen containers up and running correctly with my "docker" user...

The owner guid, puid that are created with this nzbget container do seem to get the values from the environment variables though...

If you see in the sources code there is a script in init called 90_new_user.sh this scripts takes care to change the id's of anything related to the user "abc" to the correct ID whatever that might be. in your case it seems that the GID\UID is not getting set for some reason. Could you please post the part in the log that goes something like this:

-----------------------------------

GID/UID

User uid:    $(id -u abc)

User gid:    $(id -g abc)

"

Here is the output which looks correct:

GID/UID

User uid:    99

User gid:    100

But the ownership of the nzbget.conf file in my config directory is 911:9378...

And the download folder is also 911:9378

Thanks!

GID/UID

Thanks!

Brilliant, we are now one step closer to fixing

The Folder "/home/docker/volumes/downloads" gets ownership gets permissions from the user used to execute "docker run" and could simply be chowned 99:100'ed the same goes for ""/home/docker/config/testing/" You could try chowning both directorys, remove the config file and reboot the container perhaps.

I Pushed a new version of this image earlyer today, now the question to both of those questions is YES

That's great!

Unfortunately when I try to add the quassel container I get this error:

Warning: DOMDocument::load(): Opening and ending tag mismatch: Date line 5 and Container in /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates/linuxserver.io/quassel-core.xml, line: 58 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/createDocker.php on line 377 Warning: DOMDocument::load(): Premature end of data in tag Container line 2 in /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates/linuxserver.io/quassel-core.xml, line: 59 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/createDocker.php on line 377 Warning: DOMDocument::load(): Opening and ending tag mismatch: Date line 5 and Container in /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates/linuxserver.io/quassel-core.xml, line: 58 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/dockerClient.php on line 220 Warning: DOMDocument::load(): Premature end of data in tag Container line 2 in /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates/linuxserver.io/quassel-core.xml, line: 59 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/dockerClient.php on line 220

I Pushed a new version of this image earlyer today, now the question to both of those questions is YES

That's great!

Warning: DOMDocument::load(): Opening and ending tag mismatch: Date line 5 and Container in /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates/linuxserver.io/quassel-core.xml, line: 58 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/createDocker.php on line 377 Warning: DOMDocument::load(): Premature end of data in tag Container line 2 in /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates/linuxserver.io/quassel-core.xml, line: 59 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/createDocker.php on line 377 Warning: DOMDocument::load(): Opening and ending tag mismatch: Date line 5 and Container in /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates/linuxserver.io/quassel-core.xml, line: 58 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/dockerClient.php on line 220 Warning: DOMDocument::load(): Premature end of data in tag Container line 2 in /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates/linuxserver.io/quassel-core.xml, line: 59 in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/dockerClient.php on line 220

<Date>2015-07-06/Date>

should be

<Date>2015-07-06</Date>

That's great!

Found and fixed the error, thanks sparklyballs

One more question..

"ENV: WEBUI Set this to 1 to enable the optional buildt-inn webui (pressented at 64443)"

I assumed this meant to connect via ssh and type "export WEBUI=1" before creating the container.. but I did this, and I cannot connect to the web interface :(

there is a changes tag now too.. that shows up in community applications plugin with a blue info icon..

nice feature is that you can include an image/logo in it..

<Changes>

[center][img width='300px' src='http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o43/sparklyballs_album/Fubar/sparklyballs2.gif'][/center]

[center][font size=5]Unimediaserv Change Log[/font][/center]

[font size=4]2015-07-05[/font]
- Bump to version 5.1.4
</Changes>

one of mine for instance.

GID/UID

Thanks!

The Folder "/home/docker/volumes/downloads" gets ownership gets permissions from the user used to execute "docker run" and could simply be chowned 99:100'ed the same goes for ""/home/docker/config/testing/" You could try chowning both directorys, remove the config file and reboot the container perhaps.

chowning after the fact seems to have worked...

One last issue though...

In the STDOUT logs I keep getting this error: ERROR Starting daemon failed: could not acquire lock on lock-file /downloads/nzbget.lock

I Have deleted that file and had it re-created and also chowned, but no luck...

Thanks for all your help.

One more question..

"ENV: WEBUI Set this to 1 to enable the optional buildt-inn webui (pressented at 64443)"

I assumed this meant to connect via ssh and type "export WEBUI=1" before creating the container.. but I did this, and I cannot connect to the web interface :(

No you want to add This enviorment variable om the dockerman (click on advanced to se it)

One more question..

No you want to add This enviorment variable om the dockerman (click on advanced to se it)

I had no idea there was an advanced view.. the colour makes it almost invisible.  Thanks!

Thanks very much for posting and creating the SmokePing docker. One question though: How can I edit the smokeping_config file so I can make changes like email alerts etc? Thanks very much for letting me know, Alex.

Welcome, glad you like it. Its neat isn't it?

I haven't added that feature yet. I wasn't totally convinced of Smokepings stability yet but its just been running for a week for me at hone and on my VPS. I guess I can tick that box and move onto features. 

You can of course modify the Targets file in /config volume to change the ping targets. I'll get around to sorting out the email thing hopefully by the end of this week if work quietens down a bit.

Yeah, it's exactly what I was after, thanks. Added my targets - no problems whatsoever. Just the alerts are quite important for me as I have a VPN running to a remote site which isn't very reliable and I'd like to monitor with the tool. Obviously, alerts in case of downtime are pretty important for me. Happy to wait until you get 'round to implementing this though...

Thanks very much for posting and creating the SmokePing docker. One question though: How can I edit the smokeping_config file so I can make changes like email alerts etc? Thanks very much for letting me know, Alex.

I haven't added that feature yet. I wasn't totally convinced of Smokepings stability yet but its just been running for a week for me at hone and on my VPS. I guess I can tick that box and move onto features. 

You can of course modify the Targets file in /config volume to change the ping targets. I'll get around to sorting out the email thing hopefully by the end of this week if work quietens down a bit.

a quick google shows that you can use ssmtp with smokeping and it's fairly easy to use in a container.

i use it here....

https://github.com/sparklyballs/docker-containers/tree/master/pydio

in the src folder is ssmtp.conf which i save out into a config folder for editing and the user puts in their email details and restarts the container.

I converted my sonarr and couchpotato containers over to these for the auto-update functionalities.  Smooth and painless transition, thanks for creating these!

You are welcome :)

GID/UID

Thanks!

chowning after the fact seems to have worked...

One last issue though...

In the STDOUT logs I keep getting this error: ERROR Starting daemon failed: could not acquire lock on lock-file /downloads/nzbget.lock

I Have deleted that file and had it re-created and also chowned, but no luck...

Thanks for all your help.

Are you sure the /downloads folder is owned by the correct user now ?

Try this:

chown -R 99:100  /home/docker/volumes/downloads && rm /home/docker/volumes/downloads/nzbget.lock

a quick google shows that you can use ssmtp with smokeping and it's fairly easy to use in a container.

i use it here....

https://github.com/sparklyballs/docker-containers/tree/master/pydio

in the src folder is ssmtp.conf which i save out into a config folder for editing and the user puts in their email details and restarts the container.

Yup i have used ssmtp myself in my private containers as well as the once i use for work. should not  be a problem.

We always welcome contributors, fork it on Github and send us a pull when you're done. Oh and join us on IRC freenode #linuxserver.io to discuss specifics if you wish.

I see that you guys created individual support threads for most of your containers.  What you really should also do is add the <Support> line to the templates pointing that container to its particular thread

I see that you guys created individual support threads for most of your containers.  What you really should also do is add the <Support> line to the templates pointing that container to its particular thread

I'll get to that! Only just made them, gimme a chance!

I'll get to that! Only just made them, gimme a chance!

no problems.  Just didn't know if you were aware of that line or not

Archived