[support] MakeMKV-RDP container Deprecated

• 3 weeks later...

I apologize in advance because I'm sure this is completely obvious but this is my first unRaid system and first Docker app.

The container appears to install correctly however when I attempt to run the WebUI either from the "Docker" or "Dashboard" tabs, it opens a new browser tab and just takes me to the "Main" tab of my unRaid system.

I'm happy to provide any additional information that might be needed--just tell me what would be helpful.

Normally it should open the website. Hard to say why this is happening. It might be a bug in the latest unraid also.

You could type in the ip and port manually to open the webgui of the container. The correct syntax is:

Ip:port

The port should be listed in the docker tab. Default is 3390 I think, but check first in case I remember wrong  :)

You are sure you add it in the correct syntax? The key should have quotes.

Does the setting stick if you open the configuration file again?

Definitely in the proper syntax. If I close the file and open it again, it's still there. If I make a change to the default director, the directory updates in the config file and the key stays.

After doing a little more reading, it sounds like even the purchased license key has to be updated every couple months. Is that correct?

Definitely in the proper syntax. If I close the file and open it again, it's still there. If I make a change to the default director, the directory updates in the config file and the key stays.

After doing a little more reading, it sounds like even the purchased license key has to be updated every couple months. Is that correct?

No need to update a purchased key. It works for me.

What you can do is to delete the container fully and delete the config folder and start from scratch.

i installed this docker yesterday, when i goto the docker and click web gui it just opens to unraids main page

I had this problem several days ago as well.  I believe what actually fixed it for me was changing the Host port to something else.  I just incremented it by 1 from whatever it was before.  Had to increment it for each instance of MakeMKV I added.

i installed this docker yesterday, when i goto the docker and click web gui it just opens to unraids main page

I had this problem several days ago as well.  I believe what actually fixed it for me was changing the Host port to something else.  I just incremented it by 1 from whatever it was before.  Had to increment it for each instance of MakeMKV I added.

i forgot to map the host ports, all good now thanks

Can I not map a disk outside of the array?

I'm using the Unassigned Devices plugin, the disc has files and folders on it, but when I try to pass the drive through to the docker it shows up empty in the docker. When I pass a share on the array it shows up fine.

The drive is 1 TB, formatted as XFS. My thought is to save CPU cycles calculating parity for something that will only be on there short term and this APU isn't nearly as beastly as my other server... it just happens to have room for a disc drive!

I'm using the Unassigned Devices plugin, the disc has files and folders on it, but when I try to pass the drive through to the docker it shows up empty in the docker. When I pass a share on the array it shows up fine.

Restart the docker service after connecting the drive using UD. Not just the docker container, the entire docker service.

Restart the docker service after connecting the drive using UD. Not just the docker container, the entire docker service.

Will be trying that shortly... in the middle of a rip.

No need to update a purchased key. It works for me.

What you can do is to delete the container fully and delete the config folder and start from scratch.

Finally got around to deleting the docker and the config file after MakeMKV finally locked me out. All set now. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

MakeMKV-RDP Container

Finally got this container working just now. Had tried when I first started using unRAID about a month or two ago and did something wrong, who knows what. Blew away existing config, reinstalled with proper path and port mapping, and it's doing its thing as I type this message. It hasn't gotten far enough along the current disk to say for sure, but it looks like it's going about as fast as was when I had this drive in the Windows machine that unRAID is replacing. I understand that Docker isn't really supposed to add any overhead, but you never know what the differences are going to be between two completely different systems.

Now to see how long it takes to go through the pile of DVDs and Blu-rays in my closet. :-P

Thanks Saarg!

• 3 weeks later...

Just fyi:

Makemkv has been updated.

MakeMKV v1.9.10 (17.4.2016 )

Added support for AACS v60

Small miscellaneous improvements and bugfixes

It was updated 7 days ago  ;)

Thanks! I didn't see a changelog in your second post and I didn't look further.

I forgot to update the change log this time. I promise I'll do it next time, maybe  ;)