Docker and SMB mounts

Not sure if this has been asked or not. But I'm curious as to whether docker is capable of mapping smb mounts.

Basically, I'm mounting a smb mount from another machine to unRAID, I'm able to view its files via ssh. From there, I using that mount point as a host path for the sonarr docker. Unfortunately, I see the path as empty from within the sonarr UI.

So not sure if there is a limitation with docker and passing in mounts of not.

Also, is there an up to date nsenter bin such that we can inspect within containers?

Thanks

Not sure if this has been asked or not. But I'm curious as to whether docker is capable of mapping smb mounts.

Basically, I'm mounting a smb mount from another machine to unRAID, I'm able to view its files via ssh. From there, I using that mount point as a host path for the sonarr docker. Unfortunately, I see the path as empty from within the sonarr UI.

So not sure if there is a limitation with docker and passing in mounts of not.

Just about every container I have is using a SMB mount (mounted with unassigned devices).  Works like a charm

Try restarting docker to see if that makes the smb share mounted visible in the container. I had to do this to make it work.

Squid probably does something that makes unassigned devices mount share before docker starts  ::)

Not that I'm aware of.  Beyond having a P.O.S. main server with a spinner for a cache drive which makes docker load up slow.

Thanks, and you're right. Docker needs a restart after the smb mounts. I keep on restarting the sonarr docker but not docker itself.

In fact, now I got this working, my next question would be how is the sequenced handled on boot. Do the dockers start prior/after the unassigned devices plugin mounting?

I tried a reboot with both Auto mount (unassigned devices) & Autostart (sonarr docker) set to On  - so far so good - seemed to have mounted the smb shares prior to starting docker. Or was that a fluke?

It might be that it's a hit and miss, but it might be that it stays like this now. Try a couple of reboots to check.

What I used to do before smb was added to unassigned devices was entries within go that would pause execution if the network wasn't up, and once it was up do my mounts and then continue loading emhttp.

Well, I guess I have a bigger problem.

For some reason, my onboard RealTek NIC is producing traces in the log (http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=42116.msg400213#msg400213) , likely bad hardware or something. In short sometimes my network does not come up on boot with the RealTek. I guess no other choice but to disable it in the BIOS.

Now, I'm using an Intel dual NIC card and have configured one port as a bridge (such that I can use it for other VMs) and I've noticed that the IP configuration/assignment (set as static in network settings) is delayed at boot for some reason, which in turn probably affect the unassigned devices from mounting the smb mounts.

Now they no longer mount at boot...