Is it possible to see what files are being accessed and by whom?

I recently updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  Ever since then Windows10 has been killing my unRaid box.  It runs 24x7 around 20Mbps - 50Mbps doing something on the fileserver.  I turned of realtime protection on the PC because that just increased the load/traffic to the point where I couldn't use the PC.

I do have my documents, music and pictures all redirected from the PC to the unRaid box, just like I've had ever since XP.  I'm assuming windows is slogging through the pictures, music or something, but for the life of me cannot figure out what.  I've disabled everything I can find, like indexing, search, etc.

So to help me narrow down the effort I'm hoping  I can see exactly what files the PC is looking at.

thanks

david

I do have my documents, music and pictures all redirected from the PC to the unRaid box, just like I've had ever since XP. 

I was hoping to set this up on my home network.

How did you redirect the user folders? I would also like to have these folders available offline on my laptop.

Not sure if I am just trying to make things more complicated then what they are....

Roland

I do have my documents, music and pictures all redirected from the PC to the unRaid box, just like I've had ever since XP. 

How did you redirect the user folders? I would also like to have these folders available offline on my laptop.

Not sure if I am just trying to make things more complicated then what they are....

Roland

Depending on the amount of data you have this may or may not be the best solution today. For reasonable amounts of data OneDrive makes way more sense. For my work PCs I sync documents, pictures and IE favorites this way so regardless of what PC I am on  I have access to all this content.

For my home environment I have 100GB of music and roughly the same of family pictures. I've created a music share on UnRAID for iTunes and have all my PCs in the house point to it and use a common library. I also have a Pictures share and replicate to CrashPlan, but I point my local pictures folder and to OneDrive (if that makes sense). I also "share" my documents folder with my work account so it's all in one place.

With OneDrive you get 15GB for free (I think) and 200GB for $4/month.

Being able to sync to the cloud makes this content accessible on my PCs, phones, tablets, or when I am visiting family, and since it's built into Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 it's very easy to set up.

I am not saying the OP is wrong in how he has things set up, but I just don't think it makes the most sense today given the available options.

In windows 10 you do it the same way as XP.  Just go to the Documents/Music folders in the Quick Access bar, right clich, properties, location.  I think "moved" it to the share on the tower.  This lets my kids have access to all their homework from any of the PCs around the house.

To make them available offline, you just need to select that option.

david

Roland