UNRAID Grinding to a Hault

kingy444

Apologies for poor title but stumped for a better one. I am relatively technical when it comes to windows (Server Engineer versed in the ways of powershell), linux however is relatively new to me (although I have been running unraid for years) and I require some assistance

I recently upgraded to 6.0.1 (around a week from 6.0-beta14b) and have just started experiencing issues where I am unable to access the webgui or and SMB/NFS shares. I can however still telnet in. The beta had been running for months without fault

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am unsure how to provide logs etc for investigation as the ones in the web console appear to be reset on a reboot which unfortunately as it stands appears to be the only way I can proceed to get it back up and running (speaking of which can someone provide info also on how to clean reboot via commandline)

at this stage i am yet to have another crash (and lets hope that continues)  ;D

As a potential cause to look into, I had a script that was copying data for backup purposes and was getting access denied trying to copy 0kb files, after deleting these files I am so far not having any issues. Potentially something going on in the handling of these files?

It was after a reboot as i couldnt access anything when it crashed. Do i just telnet in and type diagnostics in the shell session when a crash occurs?

Yes, and if you can't telnet in, you can attach a monitor / keyboard and login locally and do the same.  If it's completely frozen, then attaching a monitor may reveal some events printed to the screen.  A picture of that might help also.

Archived