User Name request

Thornwood

Hi There

With Microsoft Windows 10 asking many to use there email account to log in could me change the username rules so that a email address will work as a user name so the log in continues to be seem less?

example

Username a

password b

now is

Username [email protected]

password b

[email protected] right now is in valid and will not be created I think because of the @ and .

can we change it so that it will work?

thank you for your help.

Thornwood

I have spaces in my Windows username and had some problem mapping it to Samba, but discovered a Samba feature to map incoming usernames to unRAID usernames.

Create a file called "smb-extra.conf" in the config directory on the flash (there may already be one, in which case you should add this to the top of the existing file).

username map = /boot/config/usermap.txt

Then create a file called "usermap.txt" in the config directory on the flash with one or more lines of the following structure:

{unraid_user} = "{windows_user}"

For example:

thornwood = "[email protected]"

Then run the command:

smbcontrol smbd reload-config

This can be used to map virtually any Windows userid to any unRAID userid automatically.

I have spaces in my Windows username and had some problem mapping it to Samba, but discovered a Samba feature to map incoming usernames to unRAID usernames.

Create a file called "smb-extra.conf" in the config directory on the flash (there may already be one, in which case you should add this to the top of the existing file).

username map = /boot/config/usermap.txt

Then create a file called "usermap.txt" in the config directory on the flash with one or more lines of the following structure:

{unraid_user} = "{windows_user}"

For example:

thornwood = "[email protected]"

Then run the command:

smbcontrol smbd reload-config

This can be used to map virtually any Windows userid to any unRAID userid automatically.

Holy crap this is fantastic. Bookmarking for future use, never came across this in similar issue situations I have had.

Archived