Squid

Checksum Suite

260 posts in this topic Last Reply

@Squid

After a mistake all my plugins and settings were lost on my server. After the reinstall of the Checksum Tools the blake2 algorithm is no longer available albeit it was before. Running the b2check.sh manually does not create the NotBlakeCompatible file in /tmp/checksum, so it should be recognized as compatible, too. Anything I can do to fix this problem?

[mention=10290]Squid[/mention]
After a mistake all my plugins and settings were lost on my server. After the reinstall of the Checksum Tools the blake2 algorithm is no longer available albeit it was before. Running the b2check.sh manually does not create the NotBlakeCompatible file in /tmp/checksum, so it should be recognized as compatible, too. Anything I can do to fix this problem?
No idea I deprecated it IIRC 2 years ago. tbh I suggest either running corz on another computer against your shares or switch to dynamix file integrity

Sent via telekinesis

Well, I use corz and dynamix file integrity. :) But I like it, that your plugin watches my shares and creates corz compatible hashes automatically, when new files are created so I don't have to do this manually. Dynamix file integrity is cool also, but as you know it, uses the extended file attributes which don't copy over when working with other non linux systems and exports them only to the flash where I would have to manually copy them if needed.

So no, I think your plugin is irreplaceable. :) I understand however you are not supporting it any longer if a problem doesn't hit you personally. 

I just wanted to ask in case you had this problem before and would know a quick solution.

If anybody else runs into this problem:

I was able to get it back to a working state, by creating the share watches with md5 as algorithm and manually editing that back to blake2 in the config file on the flash. It still shows as md5 in the GUI but it will create the blake2 hashes I need, so everything is fine. :)

Oh and I'm now using your CA Backup Plugin, too. :) Don't want to restore my plugins and settings manually ever again. 😭

52 minutes ago, SlrG said:

I was able to get it back to a working state, by creating the share watches with md5 as algorithm and manually editing that back to blake2 in the config file on the flash. It still shows as md5 in the GUI but it will create the blake2 hashes I need, so everything is fine. :)

So odd, hope never me too 🤣

Posted (edited)

Is this still an active solution?  I mean, actively maintained?

Scratch that, I've now confirmed that it isn't.  Thanks.

Edited by Marshalleq
Clarification

13 hours ago, Marshalleq said:

Is this still an active solution?  I mean, actively maintained?

Scratch that, I've now confirmed that it isn't.  Thanks.

It should still work, and can be installed via CA, but if you've got any problems, they will NOT be fixed.

I know that this in no longer supported, but, is running this and Dynamic File Integrity concurrently a bad idea?  Thanks!

6 minutes ago, J.Nerdy said:

I know that this in no longer supported, but, is running this and Dynamic File Integrity concurrently a bad idea?  Thanks!

No problems per se as they can exist side by side.  But, you would double the CPU usage at the very least as they both try to hash any new files added concurrently