Web Interface inaccesible (USB NTFS)

Good day everybody,

I've loaded fresh unRAID and no luck accessing the //tower or it's //ip:80 where as it's pingable and network visible.

Tried unRAIDServer-6.1.3-x86_64.zip and unRAIDServer-6.1.2-x86_64.zip on two PCs, same LAN. 80th Port is just closed! What is going on? Is there no webserver running?

How can it not work?

Monitor is attached, telnet is successful. If only I had more clues about how-to use linux :) I'm mostly a Windows-guy.

Did a portscan - port 80 is closed it said.

I imagine a webserver is running on a different port or not running at all... But such problem ruin my confidence in developers here. Don't want to offend anyone though, just an observation.

putty.jpg.9a2c6594e2c78151aa43e8ef6b7decaf.jpg

It sounds as if the command to start the web gui is not being run.

Can you run the command

ls -l /boot/config

and post the results?    That will at least tell us whether you have the correct files at that location.  In this case the important file is the one named 'go' which contains the command to start up the web interface.  It could be missing if you made an error when copying the files from the from the unRAID zip download to the flash drive.

Actually that screenshot shows that the contents of the config folder are missing.  There should have been a default set of files put there from the downloaded ZIP file.  Sounds as if the unzip of the files to the flash drive was not done correctly as the ZIP contains files that should have been in the config folder.

Actually that screenshot shows that the contents of the config folder are missing.  There should have been a default set of files put there from the downloaded ZIP file.  Sounds as if the unzip of the files to the flash drive was not done correctly as the ZIP contains files that should have been in the config folder.

As you can see, there are these files, if you open the flash-drive under windows... Could it be that NTFS is interfering?

Not necessarily. I've had the same symptoms once, and others have as well. Posts scattered around the forum. Basically, the system initially boots just fine but the config folder is completely empty except for freshly generated ssh files, so nothing works or works with default settings.

Could possibly be some race condition if the USB drive is slow to mount and the ssh files are created first, preventing mounting of the flash drive.

Perhaps DayDreamer could try another USB drive/port?

Not necessarily. I've had the same symptoms once, and others have as well. Posts scattered around the forum. Basically, the system initially boots just fine but the config folder is completely empty except for freshly generated ssh files, so nothing works or works with default settings.

Could possibly be some race condition if the USB drive is slow to mount and the ssh files are created first, preventing mounting of the flash drive.

Perhaps DayDreamer could try another USB drive/port?

There were PCs interchanged. There's that.

Let's try another Drive. First one is a SanDisk Extreme 16GB USB 3.0

Weird stuff is going on.

Another stick. Fresh run, this time timed.

Thing is - there is a timeframe, about 5 seconds long between getting IP, and login prompt, when the webserver is working and accessible. But it works only on a first run, and not every first run.

I couldn't find out if it's time-dependent or login-dependent.

There are still no go file and i still have to run the webserv manually.

Added the config files there through putty and nano editor. on next reboot they were gone :(

As you can see, there are these files, if you open the flash-drive under windows... Could it be that NTFS is interfering?
NTFS? Unraid uses FAT32. Did you follow the directions to prepare the flash drive?

That is SO TRUE! Of course linux has problems writing to NTFS! It works greatly with FAT32. Hope any other user will avoid this trap

NTFS IS BAD FOR YOUR USB-BOOT-DRIVE

facepalm.jpg.7203b18641e26a00e3ce11ce7da1cfad.jpg