***GUIDE*** Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan – VM on unRAID

Are you doing this on unRAID? How are you using QEMU 2.5?

Replaced the binary because the included is old. Why it should cause the problem? And why it's so surprising? Yeah, there is advanced people here too. lol

<emulator>/usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64</emulator>

Not a big deal.

However these problems are on qemu 2.4 and lower as well.

q35 - all versions - no difference.

ElCapitan refuses to boot, Yosemite boots but unable to give the video output, neither via vmvga or cirrus. Stuck with spinning beach ball on verbose background.

Tried 10.11.1 / 10.10.5.

Running on Dell PowerEdge R210 II, VT-D is supported. http://www.manualslib.com/manual/624332/Dell-Poweredge-R210-Ii.html?page=31

I understand you can upgrade QEMU on unRAID by yourself, just most users do not. That's why I sounded surprised. Anyways, have you tired setting this up with stock unRAID QEMU? If so, were the results the same? If you have not, please try this with stock unRAID.

Are you doing this on unRAID? How are you using QEMU 2.5?

Replaced the binary because the included is old. Why it should cause the problem? And why it's so surprising? Yeah, there is advanced people here too. lol

Not a big deal.

However these problems are on qemu 2.4 and lower as well.

q35 - all versions - no difference.

ElCapitan refuses to boot, Yosemite boots but unable to give the video output, neither via vmvga or cirrus. Stuck with spinning beach ball on verbose background.

Tried 10.11.1 / 10.10.5.

Running on Dell PowerEdge R210 II, VT-D is supported. http://www.manualslib.com/manual/624332/Dell-Poweredge-R210-Ii.html?page=31

I understand you can upgrade QEMU on unRAID by yourself, just most users do not. That's why I sounded surprised. Anyways, have you tired setting this up with stock unRAID QEMU? If so, were the results the same? If you have not, please try this with stock unRAID.

Exactly the same, that's why I moved to QEMU 2.5, which didn't help either.

Exactly the same, that's why I moved to QEMU 2.5, which didn't help either.

OK, so you are getting stuck between (STEP 4) - 6 and 8 then?

Yup. The best result is a verbose (if use -v flag) or gray background with half progress bar and spinning beach ball / cursor at the top.

The last message is "[iOBLuetoothHCIController][start] -- completed."

Using video "vmvga". Or I'm getting message that "Window manager exited with signal trap..." if set to "cirrus".

I never got to GUI.

Switched between qemu 2.4.1 / 2.5, q35-2.2 / 2.3 / 2.4 / 2.5, core2dou / Westmere / SandyBridge / etc (actually tried all available), enoch / chimera bootloader. With or without boot flags - makes no difference, same end.

There is always 2 results: 1) Immediate reset, or 2) Stuck with beach ball.

Using XML exactly as in guide, except network conf section and own paths to iso and virtual partition.

well hmmm... I cannot fault your effort. you have tried everything (and probably more) than I would have. Unfortunately, without some sort of error message I am at a loss to help you with the next steps. Someone in the GUIDE comments posted this:

And here are the changes I had do to make it work:
echo 1 > /sys/module/kvm/parameters/ignore_msrs (without it reboots right at the start)

I have never played with that command but it seems like it helps with the rebooting issue... I am not sure if you can enter that straight into unRAIDs CLI? Let me know if you can get some sort of error message for the VM.

well hmmm... I cannot fault your effort. you have tried everything (and probably more) than I would have. Unfortunately, without some sort of error message I am at a loss to help you with the next steps. Someone in the GUIDE comments posted this:

And here are the changes I had do to make it work:
echo 1 > /sys/module/kvm/parameters/ignore_msrs (without it reboots right at the start)

I have never played with that command but it seems like it helps with the rebooting issue... I am not sure if you can enter that straight into unRAIDs CLI? Let me know if you can get some sort of error message for the VM.

Already have set that.

dmesg | grep msr

[1135113.965312] kvm [26075]: vcpu0 ignored rdmsr: 0x35

[1135114.124976] kvm [26075]: vcpu0 ignored rdmsr: 0xce

[1135114.125171] kvm [26075]: vcpu0 ignored rdmsr: 0x194

[1135114.125347] kvm [26075]: vcpu0 ignored rdmsr: 0x1ad

But it didn't resolve reboots (El Capitan) or beach ball (Yosemite) (see attachment).

What qemu version do you have on your unRAID?

Simple execute it's binary with flag --version. Maybe I should compile some specific one.

Untitled.jpg.915cabd55d01b4d90ccad4563f556fae.jpg

Here you go: (Note: I believe unRAID does add some upstream patches from time to time so YMMV)

virsh -c qemu:///system version --daemon
Compiled against library: libvirt 1.2.18
Using library: libvirt 1.2.18
Using API: QEMU 1.2.18
Running hypervisor: QEMU 2.3.0
Running against daemon: 1.2.18

Here you go: (Note: I believe unRAID does add some upstream patches from time to time so YMMV)

virsh -c qemu:///system version --daemon
Compiled against library: libvirt 1.2.18
Using library: libvirt 1.2.18
Using API: QEMU 1.2.18
Running hypervisor: QEMU 2.3.0
Running against daemon: 1.2.18

Got qemu 2.3 and it didn't make any difference, except that q35 v.2.4 isn't supported (set to 2.3). Still damn spinning ball. :( :( :(

UDP: Hmm... I went to this spinning ball again and got freaked out and clicked rapidly left mouse button about 5 times in a row - and the gui appeared, but the language signs were animating like crazy, everything is laggy/glitchy. Input from keyboard makes 10 duplicates from each keypress. Formatting the drive crashed the installer and it went in reboot. Is this something related to busratio?

UDP2: Was able to install it, but it runs way too fast (clock goes x10 times faster, all animations are crazy and keyboard input puts 10 symbols from single keypress). busratio=33 (33 is a correct value for my CPU Intel E3-1230v2) flag for Enoch is simply ignored. Looks like all the issues I had earlier are because of CPU model.

UDP3:  8) 8) 8) Was able to resolve all the problems by changing the kernel to custom one (from www.osx86.net website) and booting with flag busratio=25 (in qemu xml the cpu should be emulated like "SandyBridge", "core2duo" will not work!!!). Busratio should be manually and accurately calculated following this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/240542-guide-getting-your-busratio/ according the physical CPU you have. My value 25 is applicable to Intel Xeon E3-1230v2 3.30Ghz ONLY. Use bootloader Chimera ONLY (Enoch ignores busratio flag!!). Also you need a VoodooTSCync.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to be placed in /Extra/Extensions. Without all these manipulations you will not run any OSX virtual machine on Intel E3 series. Hope this will help somebody. Used QEMU 2.5 and Q35-2.5 emulation settings along with SMBIOS 17 (not 2)

Trying to get my GTX 970 passed through. It is working in my Windows 10 VM using:

<qemu:arg value='-device'/>

<qemu:arg value='ioh3420,bus=pci.0,addr=1c.0,multifunction=on,port=1,chassis=1,id=root.1'/>

<qemu:arg value='vfio-pci,host=02:00.0,bus=root.1,addr=00.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on'/>

<qemu:arg value='vfio-pci,host=02:00.1,bus=root.1,addr=00.1'/>

When these lines are added to the OSX xml it gives me the following error when starting the OSX VM:

Execution error

internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: 2016-03-16T06:15:54.113946Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device ioh3420,bus=pci.0,addr=1c.0,multifunction=on,port=1,chassis=1,id=root.1: Bus 'pci.0' not found

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Would be great to have the video card going!

OK, found the problem: had to change the pci from pci.0 to pci.1

Installed nvidia drivers and added a nvda_drv=1 kernel flag in the plist. All working well except sound...

Switched over to Clover and HDMI audio is working!

Got the VM up and running great guide! With tightVNC i could not get the mouse to work in any reasonable fashion.

The best remote option i found where the mouse would cooperate was no machine remote desktop. (https://www.nomachine.com/download/download&id=13)

The mouse was so bad I couldn't get no machine installed until I passed through a usb keyboard/mouse. If anyone was stuck like I was do the following to pass through keyboard mouse:

1. Telnet to unraid box and run "lsusb"

2. Locate your keyboard/mouse combo or individually (could get away with just a mouse)

Output should be similar to:

Bus 002 Device 003: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver

3. Add the following to your xml and modify based on your lsub output (see colors)

<hostdev mode='subsystem' type='usb' managed='yes'>

<source>

<vendor id='0x046d'/>

<product id='0xc52b'/>

</source>

</hostdev>

Oh that's right, here is the snippet of it:

danofun says:

October 29, 2015 at 5:56 pm Edit

I was able to successfully upgrade to El Capitan using these steps.

– Followed the above to successfully install Yosemite

– Once installed, boot into Yosemite then download Clover EFI bootoader

– Install without UEFI (choose setting install boot0af in MBR)

– after the installation completes, copy /EFI/Clover/config.plist to ~/Desktop

– download and open Clover Configurator

– within Clover Configurator open ~/Desktop/config.plist

– in the RT Variables section change CsrActiveConfig to 0x3

– in the ACPI section uncheck FixLAN

– in the SMBIOS section run the wizard and select an appropriate template (for me 14.1)

– I am using a PowerColor R9 270 video card and had to inject a fakeid of 0x68101002 in the Devices section -> Fake ID -> ATI

– save ~/Desktop/config.plist

– replace /EFI/Clover/config.plist with the config.plist you just modified

– shutdown the VM

– in the unRAID OSX VM xml, delete the chameleon line

– boot your VM and it should load the Clover bootloader

– once booted back into Yosemite using the Clover bootloader, download Install OS X El Capitan Application from the Mac App Store. When complete, the app will open. Please note, the Application will disappear after use.

– Choose Yosemite system drive for install (Example: Macintosh HD). When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

– When Clover boot screen appears, choose Boot OS X Install option (Example: Boot OS X Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating.

– Complete the OS X installation process. When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

– When Clover boot screen appears, choose Boot Mac OS X option (Example: Boot Mac OS X from Macintosh HD). The computer will then complete the update.

– copy /EFI/Clover/config.plist to ~/Desktop

– in the RT Variables section change CsrActiveConfig to 0x67

– save ~/Desktop/config.plist

– replace /EFI/Clover/config.plist with the config.plist you just modified

– reboot and you’re done

I'm get Clover exiting with a failed installation every time. Is the hard drive formated to use GUID or MBR?

Has anyone had success with 6.2 beta 18 or 19 booting their OSX VM?

It was working fine for me on 6.1.9 with GPU passthrough but now I'm on 6.2b19, the VM refuses to start with the GPU assigned 'device initialization failure'.

Without GPU (nvidia 750ti) passthrough the VM boots as far as the moving progress bar under the apple logo and stays like that for ages. It simply won't get to the login screen.

It was working fine for me on 6.1.9 with GPU passthrough but now I'm on 6.2b19, the VM refuses to start with the GPU assigned 'device initialization failure'.

Without GPU (nvidia 750ti) passthrough the VM boots as far as the moving progress bar under the apple logo and stays like that for ages. It simply won't get to the login screen.

Yes I have been able to boot OSX 10.11.4 vm on Unraid 6.2.0 beta 20 but I do get the initialization failure error when trying to pass through a gtx980.

This is the first time I have tried using OSX under unraid so I hadn't even considered it being an issue with the beta.

My cpu is 5960x btw.

I have 2 osx vms. One with passthrough, the other with vnc.

Neither of these vms work now with beta 20.

Does anyone know what needs to be changed in xml with new beta unraid??

I have 2 osx vms. One with passthrough, the other with vnc.

Neither of these vms work now with beta 20.

Does anyone know what needs to be changed in xml with new beta unraid??

In what way do they not work? Does the vm start at all?

on my vnc osx it just sticks on the apple loading screen and hangs there.

on my passthrough osx i get error

internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: 2016-03-27T22:06:33.479801Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=02:00.0,bus=pcie.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on: vfio: error opening /dev/vfio/13: Operation not permitted
2016-03-27T22:06:33.479824Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=02:00.0,bus=pcie.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on: vfio: failed to get group 13
2016-03-27T22:06:33.479830Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=02:00.0,bus=pcie.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on: Device initialization failed

my xml is as below

<domain type='kvm' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
  <name>3. OSX 10.11 ATI</name>
  <uuid>1ecc7ddd-fd4e-2ee3-85c7-6f3afbf6ade1</uuid>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate xmlns="unraid" name="osx" icon="osx.png" os="osx"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>4194304</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>4194304</currentMemory>
  <vcpu placement='static'>8</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='0'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='1'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='2' cpuset='2'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='3' cpuset='3'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='4' cpuset='4'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='5' cpuset='5'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='6' cpuset='6'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='7' cpuset='7'/>
  </cputune>
  <resource>
    <partition>/machine</partition>
  </resource>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-2.3'>hvm</type>
    <kernel>/mnt/cache/virtual systems/osx/enoch_rev2795_boot</kernel>
    <boot dev='hd'/>
    <bootmenu enable='yes'/>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
  </features>
  <cpu mode='custom' match='exact'>
    <model fallback='allow'>core2duo</model>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='utc'/>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>destroy</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw'/>
      <source file='/mnt/cache/virtual systems/osx/vdisk2.img'/>
      <target dev='hda' bus='sata'/>
      <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='0' target='0' unit='0'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='usb' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='sata' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1f' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pcie-root'/>
    <controller type='pci' index='1' model='dmi-to-pci-bridge'>
      <model name='i82801b11-bridge'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1e' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='2' model='pci-bridge'>
      <model name='pci-bridge'/>
      <target chassisNr='2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:00:20:30'/>
      <source bridge='ed'/>
      <model type='e1000-82545em'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <memballoon model='none'/>
  </devices>
  <seclabel type='none' model='none'/>
  <qemu:commandline>
    <qemu:arg value='ioh3420,bus=pcie.0,addr=1c.0,multifunction=on,port=2,chassis=1,id=root.1'/>
    <qemu:arg value='vfio-pci,host=02:00.0,bus=pcie.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on'/>
    <qemu:arg value='vfio-pci,host=02:00.1,bus=pcie.0'/>
    <qemu:arg value='vfio-pci,host=00:14.0,bus=pcie.0'/>
    <qemu:arg value='usb-kbd'/>
    <qemu:arg value='usb-mouse'/>
    <qemu:arg value='isa-applesmc,osk=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxc'/>
    <qemu:arg value='-smbios'/>
    <qemu:arg value='type=2'/>
  </qemu:commandline>
</domain>

i dont understand what peter sm was refering to in the post as to where i edit the qemu config file so the iommu group will work.

on my vnc osx it just sticks on the apple loading screen and hangs there.

on my passthrough osx i get error

internal error: process exited while connecting to monitor: 2016-03-27T22:06:33.479801Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=02:00.0,bus=pcie.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on: vfio: error opening /dev/vfio/13: Operation not permitted
2016-03-27T22:06:33.479824Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=02:00.0,bus=pcie.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on: vfio: failed to get group 13
2016-03-27T22:06:33.479830Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=02:00.0,bus=pcie.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on: Device initialization failed

my xml is as below

<domain type='kvm' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
  <name>3. OSX 10.11 ATI</name>
  <uuid>1ecc7ddd-fd4e-2ee3-85c7-6f3afbf6ade1</uuid>
  <metadata>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>4194304</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>4194304</currentMemory>
  <vcpu placement='static'>8</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='2' cpuset='2'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='3' cpuset='3'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='4' cpuset='4'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='5' cpuset='5'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='6' cpuset='6'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='7' cpuset='7'/>
  </cputune>
  <resource>
  </resource>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-2.3'>hvm</type>
    <kernel>/mnt/cache/virtual systems/osx/enoch_rev2795_boot</kernel>
    <boot dev='hd'/>
    <bootmenu enable='yes'/>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
  </features>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='utc'/>
  <on_crash>destroy</on_crash>
  <devices>
      <source file='/mnt/cache/virtual systems/osx/vdisk2.img'/>
    </disk>
    </controller>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pcie-root'/>
    </controller>
      <target chassisNr='2'/>
    </controller>
      <source bridge='ed'/>
    </interface>
    <memballoon model='none'/>
  </devices>
    <qemu:arg value='ioh3420,bus=pcie.0,addr=1c.0,multifunction=on,port=2,chassis=1,id=root.1'/>
    <qemu:arg value='vfio-pci,host=02:00.0,bus=pcie.0,multifunction=on,x-vga=on'/>
    <qemu:arg value='vfio-pci,host=02:00.1,bus=pcie.0'/>
    <qemu:arg value='vfio-pci,host=00:14.0,bus=pcie.0'/>
    <qemu:arg value='isa-applesmc,osk=ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc'/>
</domain>

i dont understand what peter sm was refering to in the post as to where i edit the qemu config file so the iommu group will work.

qemu.conf is located at /etc/libvirt/qemu.conf

For me to boot I had to boot with flags "KernelBooter_kexts"="Yes" CsrActiveConfig"="103" GraphicsEnabler=No until I got webdrivers installed. Then I boot with nvda_drv=1 instead of GraphicsEnabler=No .

I am using 'pc-q35-2.5' in line <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-2.3'>hvm</type> of xml instead 2.3

Thanks got that all working now.

As soon as i changed the  pc-q35-2.3 to pc-q35-2.5 the vnc osx worked.

Then as soon as i edited the qemu.config  the passthrough worked again.

On a side note i always had to passthrough a usb controller and connect a keyboard to it

for mouse and keyboard to work in osx.

But now i can passthrough the keyboard and mouse without doing so using below

<hostdev mode='subsystem' type='usb' managed='no'>
      <source>
        <vendor id='0x046d'/>
        <product id='0xc52b'/>
      </source>
    </hostdev>

This never worked for me before and im not sure if it is because of using pc-q35-2.5 instead of 2.3

but this is far more convenient for me when switching vms.

Thanks for the help captain134  and Peter_sm

Running UnRaid 6.2.0-beta20 with Mac OS X 10.11.3 (and Win 8.1).

It was kinda tricky to get it up and running. For anyone interested here is my XML:

<domain type='kvm' id='1' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
  <name>OSX 10.11</name>
  <uuid>df84cac7-e3ff-4e0a-ed55-6cf3f79be06f</uuid>
  <metadata>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>12582912</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>12582912</currentMemory>
  <vcpu placement='static'>4</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='2' cpuset='4'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='3' cpuset='5'/>
  </cputune>
  <resource>
  </resource>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-2.5'>hvm</type>
    <kernel>/mnt/cache/OSX/enoch_rev2795_boot</kernel>
    <boot dev='hd'/>
    <bootmenu enable='no'/>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
  </features>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='utc'/>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
      <source file='/mnt/cache/OSX/osx.img'/>
      <backingStore/>
      <alias name='sata0-0-0'/>
    </disk>
      <alias name='usb'/>
    </controller>
      <alias name='ide'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pcie-root'>
      <alias name='pcie.0'/>
    </controller>
      <alias name='pci.1'/>
    </controller>
      <target chassisNr='2'/>
      <alias name='pci.2'/>
    </controller>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <target dev='vnet0'/>
      <alias name='net0'/>
    </interface>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x0c' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x05' function='0x0'/>
    </hostdev>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes' xvga='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x04' function='0x0'/>
    </hostdev>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x05' function='0x0'/>
    </hostdev>
      <source>
        <vendor id='0x05ac'/>
        <product id='0x020c'/>
        <address bus='3' device='5'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev3'/>
    </hostdev>
      <source>
        <vendor id='0x0a5c'/>
        <product id='0x200a'/>
        <address bus='3' device='6'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev4'/>
    </hostdev>
      <source>
        <vendor id='0x0556'/>
        <product id='0x0001'/>
        <address bus='3' device='4'/>
      </source>
      <alias name='hostdev5'/>
    </hostdev>
    <memballoon model='none'>
      <alias name='balloon0'/>
    </memballoon>
  </devices>
    <qemu:arg value='isa-applesmc,osk=youcanfindthisanywherebutpeoplegetangrywhenpostingithereforsomereason'/>
</domain>

It is now possible to pass USB devices per devices instead of a full USB controller. This is handy for me as I wanted to pass the full Renesas USB controller to Windows as Oculus doesn't like per device passthrough for some reason. Before I had another USB controller passed to OSX but that excluded the Renesas controller as there was the UnRaid USB thumb connected. Switched it all around and it's a go :)

Few issues:

- high cpu on a kernel_task, maxing out 1 core

- About this Mac mentions 4x Core 2 Solo, it mentioned my Xeon before and I would like it back

Maybe some of you know the answers to these issues?

Has anyone been able to get this working on an X99 board with an i7-5820k? I have Mac OS working perfectly on bare metal, however it will not boot under Unraid no matter what I try. I have a Windows VM and everything including GPU passthrough works great. Using Clover or Enoch it just reboots immediately. Verbose shows nothing since the kernel doesn't even seem to load as it reboot immediatly after choosing boot drive in clover/enoch menu. Any help would be appreciated.

Has anyone been able to get this working on an X99 board with an i7-5820k? I have Mac OS working perfectly on bare metal, however it will not boot under Unraid no matter what I try. I have a Windows VM and everything including GPU passthrough works great. Using Clover or Enoch it just reboots immediately. Verbose shows nothing since the kernel doesn't even seem to load as it reboot immediatly after choosing boot drive in clover/enoch menu. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried making a new OS X install image?

I believe the instructions on your website https://macosxvirtualmachinekvm.wordpress.com/guide-mac-os-x-10-11-el-capitan-vm-on-unraid/ and the download files are conflicting.

Which version is correct for the boot.plist file?

Not sure if it's related but I'm getting a "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." error when trying to log into the App Store.