Unable to disable SSH access

keepitshut

Hi everyone, I have overbyrne's SSH plugin installed, but I realised that I am unable to stop the SSH server from running. Everytime I press stop this message appears in the log "emhttp: run_cmd: invalid cmd: /etc/rc.d/rc.ssh stop"

Any idea whats causing this and how I could fix it? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Password protect the root account would be a good start.  It's in settings somewhere....

I've look through the settings on the webgui and cant see anything related to SSH.  I can add a password easy enough from the console but will that withstand a reboot? or will that setting get wiped out? 

Also looking to change to a non-standard port.  Probably would be the same question.  I can do it in console but will that setting hold?

Password protect the root account would be a good start.  It's in settings somewhere....

I've look through the settings on the webgui and cant see anything related to SSH.  I can add a password easy enough from the console but will that withstand a reboot? or will that setting get wiped out? 

Also looking to change to a non-standard port.  Probably would be the same question.  I can do it in console but will that setting hold?

Add the password to the root account via the webUI

Archived