Constant Freeze Up

th3truth

I have an issue where my unraid server is locking up. I run tail -f /var/log/syslog but cannot gain any of the information as I lose all video, usb and web GUI access.  This issue has gotten worse over the past month as sometimes it freezes up at 45 minutes and other times 7 or 8 days. All drives pass smart test and parity check has 0 errors. I have tried different nic cards as I first thought it was dropping network. This has not been the case. Any ideas or pointing in the right direction would be appreciated.

More info like your setup, plugins, dockers you are running.

I have the same issue - https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=44637.0

I am keeping my 1st post up to date on changes I make to see what might resolved and I add things to my list of things to try when it locks up the next time.

I have checked your post and the issues are similar but not identical. I lose all control of the server. Cannot telnet/ssh in, I lose video out to the monitor so running the tail is of 0 use. The webgui says unavailable and I cannot ping the machine but I can clearly hear it still running.  This issue was happening on V5 as well without any dockers and running plex as the only plugin.

Docksers:

NZBGet

Sonarr

Plex

Plugins:

None

Sounds like a hardware issue to me.  PSU or Mobo, Have you tried running memtest?

You should run a memtest and post up a diagnostic file.

Also you could try booting up into Safemode aka the second option when unRAID boots. It removes any and all plugins/dockers to try and isolate anything that maybe causing issues.

My Hardware issues was my problem, but freezing up could literally be anything.

Archived