User Share - different icon for 'Cache Only'

Hi,

Could I suggest (if possible) that on the Shares tab in User Shares, that the 'Cache-Only' ones are either grouped together separately from 'Array shares', or use a different icon rather than the orange triangle.

As we (or maybe just I) have a number of cache only shares for appdata, downloads etc, it's no longer as easy to see which shares 'mover' needs to run on - in case I want to kick it off manually for example.

Whilst I know the orange triangle means you had unprotected files, that I designated the share as Cache Only sort implies that I know that and am happy with it...

Just my 2c

Oh I'd forgotten all about that conversation - I vaguely remember following it at the time (my server was 5000 miles away from me so I couldn't upgrade to 6 at that time, so I've only just done it!).

I can understand Tom/Jon's point of view that it means it's unprotected, but I guess I work on the principle that I *KNOW* that and don't need to know it as a warning..

Given the direction the conversation went last time, I guess I'm not going to see any traction this time either .. :-(

• 2 months later...

When using Cache Pool, even the Cache Only shares appear as "Protected". A different icon is a must...

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Isn't thtatbecause a share in a cache pool IS protected?  isn't that the point of a cache pool?

Yep, but we still need a visual indication for Cache Only shares...

For instance, when performing operations on the cache pool (like replacing disk or whatever), I'm changing my Cache-Only shares to regular shares and move them to the array.

After I'm done, I'm setting them back to Cache-Only and move them back from the array to the cache...

BTW - ATM, I'm without parity due to a drive failure, so my Cache-Only shares are marked as protected, while my Array shares are not  :-[

I have added in the description of the share the wording "cache only" where applicable. Gives me immediate feedback.

How can I update?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

There isn't a update, I meant that I edited the decription field of the share.

My problem with this approach is that it's manual.

In the last few days I've been playing around with the Cache Pool (testing drive removal, changing from RAID1 to RAID0 etc.) and every change included changing my shares from Cache-Only to regular with cache.

Without automatic/visual differentiation between the different kind of shares, I always have to manually check where my files are...