Used Chenbro 48bay complete system on eBay

Saw this earlier in the week and ordered one to see.

My existing system has a higher end CPU so I swapped out the board and upgraded to it from a Norco RPC4224 , but this is still a pretty good deal for a 48 drive full system..

It's a Chenbro NR40700 , which has 2 integrated 24 bay expanders in the drive backplane.

http://www.chenbro.com/en-global/products/RackmountChassis/4U_Chassis/NR40700

The systems are complete with LSI-9211-8i, Xeon X3450 and 32GB RAM .

So for a full system, the asking price is pretty good. 

See link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chenbro-48-Bay-Top-Loader-4U-Chassis-w-Rail-Kit-Drive-Brackets-COMPLETE-SYSTEM-/252334824504

Cheers

Just cause I'm curious, how much power does that thing draw at idle with no disks or how much wattage with disks and tell me how many disks are included in that figure?

I've always been fascinated by the 36 bay variant of the backblaze pods. When unRAID reaches that level of data disks for the pro license I may have to build a couple of the 36 bay :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always been fascinated by the 36 bay variant of the backblaze pods. When unRAID reaches that level of data disks for the pro license I may have to build a couple of the 36 bay :)

unRaid is already there in the 6.2 beta series. Pro key supports max 30 array devices, unlimited attached devices

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like this case a lot, thinking about buying it but need help with one question I can't seem to find the answer to in all the documentation.

There appear to be two backplanes 'expanders' in it, each supports 24 drives. Each backplane has 3 sas connectors on it.

I'm confused as to the three sas connectors on the backplane, does each connector only go to 8 of the 24 disks? Or is it something else? Many of the photos I found online only show one sas cable going into each backplane, which makes me think it operates as a 24 port expander, but then that doesn't make any sense cause why have 3 sas connectors on the backplane, it would only be one or two (dual linking).

Does anyone how owns this case know how it works and can get me sorted. Trying to figure this out so I know what performance to expect. Cheers!

I like this case a lot, thinking about buying it but need help with one question I can't seem to find the answer to in all the documentation.

There appear to be two backplanes 'expanders' in it, each supports 24 drives. Each backplane has 3 sas connectors on it.

I'm confused as to the three sas connectors on the backplane, does each connector only go to 8 of the 24 disks? Or is it something else? Many of the photos I found online only show one sas cable going into each backplane, which makes me think it operates as a 24 port expander, but then that doesn't make any sense cause why have 3 sas connectors on the backplane, it would only be one or two (dual linking).

Does anyone how owns this case know how it works and can get me sorted. Trying to figure this out so I know what performance to expect. Cheers!

I don't know that backplane but usually the 3rd connector is for daisy chaining another chassis.