Hello IPS! Forum Migration Complete!

jonp

12 hours ago, ken-ji said:

Would like to know if IPS supports RSS feeds? For those of us (or is it just me) who skim through all the support topics without opening the site right away.

Just to confirm, if you click on Activity at the top of the page, there is an option on that Activity page to click for the RSS feed.

I have been trying to find a way to go to the unread topics as easy as it was in the old forum, but I can't seem to make it.
I created my own unread items activity with settings so clicking a topic takes me to the first unread topic. I also set this as the default stream. But I still have to click Activity --> My Activity Streams --> Custom unread topics to get to it. 

I don't get the point of setting a default stream, when it's still the all activity stream showing up clicking activity. This is on Chrome on Desktop.

Mobile is a different story with way to many clicks to get anywhere.

Is it possible to get the login to show without having to click login?

Edit: I found where the default stream shows up. On the bottom of the forum! Could this be added to the top also?

Edited by saarg
7 hours ago, binhex said:

@jonp im sure you guys are aware of this and its a tiny niggle, but currently there is no LT icon shown when bookmarking pages on the forum, at least there isn't viewed through chrome, when you get a min :-) - missing favicon?

Yup, this is now fixed.  Thanks for letting us know!

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, jonathanm said:

In the last few minutes, the Activity link disappeared for me. Are you messing with it, or is my browser messing with me? 

yeah, that's me.  sorry guys.  Was trying to see if I could fix the menu bar with the breadcrumbs that was getting cut off.  It's a custom-theme issue.  Activity link should be restored for everyone now.

21 minutes ago, saarg said:

I have been trying to find a way to go to the unread topics as easy as it was in the old forum, but I can't seem to make it.
I created my own unread items activity with settings so clicking a topic takes me to the first unread topic. I also set this as the default stream. But I still have to click Activity --> My Activity Streams --> Custom unread topics to get to it. 

I don't get the point of setting a default stream, when it's still the all activity stream showing up clicking activity. This is on Chrome on Desktop.

Mobile is a different story with way to many clicks to get anywhere.

Is it possible to get the login to show without having to click login?

Edit: I found where the default stream shows up. On the bottom of the forum! Could this be added to the top also?

Ok, I'm not sure what custom setting you added to the standard "Unread Content" activity stream.  Can you take a quick snippet of what you changed and share so I can recreate?

As far as the default stream appearing at the bottom, I agree, this is a bad place for it given how useful of a feature it is.  I'll see if there's a way we can move that into the top menu bar.

As far as the login showing without having to click it, that might be a bit trickier.  Is that really a big deal?  Just for mobile or for desktop as well?

5 minutes ago, jonp said:

Ok, I'm not sure what custom setting you added to the standard "Unread Content" activity stream.  Can you take a quick snippet of what you changed and share so I can recreate?

As far as the default stream appearing at the bottom, I agree, this is a bad place for it given how useful of a feature it is.  I'll see if there's a way we can move that into the top menu bar.

As far as the login showing without having to click it, that might be a bit trickier.  Is that really a big deal?  Just for mobile or for desktop as well?

What I did was create my custom activity stream, navigate to it and then copy the URL and add it as a favourite in the favourites bar. Mine ends up as "https://forums.lime-technology.com/discover/20/"

2 minutes ago, jonp said:

I did edit the post way too many times, so it got a little confusing. 
Just ignore my ramblings about the custom settings as I found out that the stream I set as default shows up under the unread content button in the bottom (Which hopefully gets added to the top also.).

I just copied the link from the sign in button and edited my bookmark for the forum, so it's all good now :)

8 hours ago, gubbgnutten said:

Maybe old board links could be redirected as well?

For example, https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?board=71.0 redirects me to https://forums.lime-technology.com/?board=71.0 rather than https://forums.lime-technology.com/forum/55-general-support/

Looking forward to checking out the new forum more thoroughly later :)

Not sure why it matter if the link is changed to a "friendly URL" or not.  You still got to the content you wanted in the end, so I don't think this is really an issue we're going to spend any time on.  Thanks for the feedback!

1 hour ago, autumnwalker said:

Congratulations and thank you! IP Board is a great forum software; I am a long time user and administrator.

I had an issue where my old username ("Autumn Walker") was converted to "autumnwalker" and therefore was not allowing me to login. A password reset cleared that up for me.

Hi Autumn!  Perhaps you could be our designated expert and help us with a few things while we get used to the new system?  I also have some more pointed questions that you may be able to answer.  Mind if I PM you for some Q&A?

2 minutes ago, mr-hexen said:

I dont.. ? did you check off "remember me?"

I'm trying to bitch here, don't make so many reasonable comments :P

I guess I could stop signing out. It's not like my better half is ever going to this forum on my computer. The cat might though :D

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, jonp said:

Hi Autumn!  Perhaps you could be our designated expert and help us with a few things while we get used to the new system?  I also have some more pointed questions that you may be able to answer.  Mind if I PM you for some Q&A?

Maybe Linus could help you out, his forum uses the same software and god knows you've done him a solid or 20.

Just now, mr-hexen said:

Maybe Linus could help you out, his forum uses the same software and god knows you've done him a solid or 20.

It's not a coincidence either (Linus suggestion led us down this path to begin with).  That said, Luke over at LMG has modified their IPS installation quite a bit.  It is very custom now, so not sure how much they'd be able to help nor do I bet they have the time.  Those guys are crazy busy all the time.  Plus I'd argue they've helped us out quite a bit too ;-)

1 minute ago, jonp said:

It's not a coincidence either (Linus suggestion led us down this path to begin with).  That said, Luke over at LMG has modified their IPS installation quite a bit.  It is very custom now, so not sure how much they'd be able to help nor do I bet they have the time.  Those guys are crazy busy all the time.  Plus I'd argue they've helped us out quite a bit too ;-)

I'm sure if you give him a special licence to support this petabyte project he'd bite :) lol

Great new tool thanks!  A couple 'conversion' questions:

1. Is there some documentation somewhere on "you used to go xxxx for this, now you go to xxxx"?  For instance, there used to be a 'check replies to your posts' section, but I can't find anything like that now.  EDIT:  Found this under Activity>Content I Started...

2. Another example, there used to be a 'see your posts' section, but I don't see that anywhere either. EDIT:  Found this under Activity>Content I Started...

Thanks in advance!

Edited by jeffreywhunter
Just now, jeffreywhunter said:

Great new tool thanks!  A couple 'conversion' questions:

1. Is there some documentation somewhere on "you used to go xxxx for this, now you go to xxxx"?  For instance, there used to be a 'check replies to your posts' section, but I can't find anything like that now.  

2. Another example, there used to be a 'see your posts' section, but I don't see that anywhere either.

Thanks in advance!

Click on "Activity" at the top right of the forum and explore around a little. There are a LOT of stock views and customization available if the stock views don't do what you want.

2 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Click on "Activity" at the top right of the forum and explore around a little. There are a LOT of stock views and customization available if the stock views don't do what you want.

Thanks, I've found that, but not sure how to create a view that shows replies to my posts.  I can see all my posts, but that view does not allow me to filter by replies from other people to my posts.  

Edited by jeffreywhunter
7 hours ago, Zonediver said:

Just a smal "cosmetic" thing: There is a cut off on top of the forum line - see the blue marked area

cutoff.jpg

This has been fixed.  The issue was when we had sub-menus to the main menus (like under Forums, Online Users, and Activity).  We removed those sub-menus and now the breadcrumbs bar is not cutoff.  Thanks again for reporting.

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, jeffreywhunter said:

Thanks, I've found that, but not sure how to create a view that shows replies to my posts.  I can see all my posts, but that view does not allow me to filter by replies from other people to my posts.  

You should go into your profile and edit your signature as it's quite big with the new line spacing. Use shift+enter to have no open space between lines.

See how it looks now in the picture attached.

sig.PNG

1 hour ago, saarg said:

This was also fixed by solving the issue I previously posted about.  You will now find both the default stream and "mark content read" buttons in the top-right as opposed to the bottom.