Hello IPS! Forum Migration Complete!

jonp

Certainly will take some time to get used to! I miss the option to bring up a list of threads that I have contributed to in the past that have a recent post. Is that an option somewhere I missed?

Seems that there is an auto-spacing of consecutive paragraphs, whereas in the old forum, you had to enter an extra blank line. The result is that all of the old posts have extra wide space between paragraphs. Almost like you'd like to do a global search and replace on two newlines with one newline.

See this thread for example:

EDIT: Also, not be be picky, but performance is not so great. Fast enough but just thought I'd mention in case it is only me, or others are seeing it too. The price of pretty?

1 minute ago, bjp999 said:

Certainly will take some time to get used to! I miss the option to bring up a list of threads that I have contributed to in the past that have a recent post. Is that an option somewhere I missed?

Seems that there is a auto-spacing of consecutive paragraphs, whereas in the old forum, you had to enter an extra blank line. The result is that all of the old posts have extra wide space between paragraphs. Almost like you'd like to do a global search and replace on two newlines with one newline.

See this thread for example:

With respect to the extra spacing, yes, we've noticed that as well.  We'll see if there's anything we can do about it.  It might be possible to resolve.

As far as pulling up threads you've recently contributed to and whatnot, there is an option if you look on the main task bar, see "Activity".  Try not to drool too much over all the options there ;-).

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, jonp said:

With respect to the extra spacing, yes, we've noticed that as well.  We'll see if there's anything we can do about it.  It might be possible to resolve.

As far as pulling up threads you've recently contributed to and whatnot, there is an option if you look on the main task bar, see "Activity".  Try not to drool too much over all the options there ;-).

Normal line followed by enter

Second line.

Normal line followed by shift-enter
Second line.

33 minutes ago, bjp999 said:

In the upper right corner of the page, click on your name and then Profile. There should be a list of the latest topics you've posted in. (I think you can also get there by clicking on your name next to a post you've made.)

Edit: Looks like you can also go to Activity and under My Activity Streams you can choose Content I Started or Content I Posted In.

Edited by Endy
  • Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, ken-ji said:

Would like to know if IPS supports RSS feeds? For those of us (or is it just me) who skim through all the support topics without opening the site right away.

There seems to be an RSS symbol next to the "Unread Activity" page if your display is wide enough to not select the smaller tablet responsive layout. 

Screenshot_2017-02-21-00-02-02.png

Edited by BRiT
Screenshot
  • RobJ featured and unfeatured this topic
4 hours ago, Squid said:

Looks better.  Some little issues with how some of the old posts display however (mostly when they made heavy use of BB Code)

Will take a while to sort everything out, and signatures didn't get migrated, but that's a minor thing

Sure alot more readable on the phone.

looks good at first glance.

Some old permalinks are broken - I arrived here for the first time by following this old permalink: https://forums.lime-technology.com/?topic=47899.msg526677;topicseen#msg526677  which took me to the forum homepage by mistake (hopefully not by design).  Could end up with frustrated users if other permalink formats are broken and users can't find the post that has been linked to (must be thousands given how old this forum is).

Plus, google won't like you ;-)

There may be an issue with forgotten passwords...

I currently have an inactive email address assigned to my account. Yesterday (old forum), I updated the email address to my new one but the forum would not let me, indicating it was already in use by another user (!?). I did an (old forum) forgotten password on this mail address and found it was a dormant account that I most certainly did not set up. Anyway, I changed the email on that account toi a dummy one and assigned the mail address to my actual account (this one).

Unfortunately, this change did not survive the forum transition.

I set about attempting to repeat the procedure this morning but entering my valid, working email address in the forgotten password form does not generate the promised reactivation link. (I've checked spam etc.).

Any pointers appreciated.

1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

Still getting used to it but liking it so far, one thing I miss is going directly to the last page of a multi-page thread on the unread thread list.

Doesn't the go to first unread post work well enough? It's the little green circle or star if you have a post in the thread in front of the thread title.