[Support] Djoss - MakeMKV

Support for MakeMKV docker container

Application Name: MakeMKV
Application Site: http://makemkv.com/

Unlike other containers, this one is based on Alpine Linux, meaning that its size is very small (at least 50% smaller).  It also has a very nice, mobile-friendly web UI to access MakeMKV's graphical interface, has an automatic disc ripper and is actively supported!

Make sure to look at the complete documentation, available on Github !

Post any questions or issues relating to this docker in this thread.
Edited by Djoss
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, kizer said:

Hmmmm, I have an old SATA drive laying around I wonder if it'll just pop in and boot right up and in. Then again might be better to grab one of those USB to SATA conversion gizmo's. 

Like usual Djoss thanks for all your efforts. 

No need to use any converter. Just install the drive and add the above device tag that @Djoss wrote and you should have the drive in makemkv.

4 hours ago, saarg said:

No need to use any converter. Just install the drive and add the above device tag that @Djoss wrote and you should have the drive in makemkv.

Only thinking of using a USB to SATA so I could use externally since I don't have any bays left to slide in a drive. ;-)

4 hours ago, kizer said:

Only thinking of using a USB to SATA so I could use externally since I don't have any bays left to slide in a drive. ;-)

Double sided tape and drill a hole in the case :P

If you have no space it's clear that a USB adaptor is the way to go. 

I don't think the disk eject when the rip is done is working.  I put in a DVD and it ripped, but the disk has not ejected.

EDIT: Just noticed this error in the log:

Jul 1 10:25:02 MediaServer kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev sr0, sector 8480772
Jul 1 10:25:02 MediaServer kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev sr0, logical block 2120193, async page read

Maybe this is why the disk did not eject.

Edited by dlandon
10 hours ago, dlandon said:

The output folders and files don't have enough write permission for Windows to manipulate the files.  Maybe 777?

Ok I will fix that.  It seems that MakeMKV sets itself permissions on the files, ignoring its umask.

9 hours ago, dlandon said:

I don't think the disk eject when the rip is done is working.  I put in a DVD and it ripped, but the disk has not ejected.

EDIT: Just noticed this error in the log:

Jul 1 10:25:02 MediaServer kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev sr0, sector 8480772
Jul 1 10:25:02 MediaServer kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev sr0, logical block 2120193, async page read

Maybe this is why the disk did not eject.

In the docker container's log, do you see a message like "Ejecting disc from drive ..."?

25 minutes ago, Djoss said:

In the docker container's log, do you see a message like "Ejecting disc from drive ..."?

I'm converting a lot of ripped vob files to mkv and I lost that log.  I'll run another test and let you know when I get a chance to rip a DVD.

Here is the log from a failed eject attempt:

[makemkvcon] Current progress - 100%, Total process - 100%
[makemkvcon] 7 titles saved
[makemkvcon] Copy complete. 7 titles saved.
[autoDiscRipper] Disc rip terminated successfully.
[autoDiscRipper] Ejecting disc from drive 0 (/dev/sr0)...
[autoDiscRipper] ERROR: Failed to eject drive 0 (/dev/sr0).

• 2 weeks later...