Jump to content
Djoss

[Support] Djoss - MakeMKV

431 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Support for MakeMKV docker container
 
Application Name: MakeMKV
Application Site: http://makemkv.com/
 
Unlike other containers, this one is based on Alpine Linux, meaning that its size is very small (at least 50% smaller).  It also has a very nice, mobile-friendly web UI to access MakeMKV's graphical interface, has an automatic disc ripper and is actively supported!
 
Make sure to look at the complete documentation, available on Github !
 
Post any questions or issues relating to this docker in this thread.
Edited by Djoss
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Does it support actual Disc Ripping? I know for a long time unRAID didn't support CDisk drives for the longest time. 

Share this post


Link to post

Yes it does!  I have a Blue-ray drive connected via USB to the unRAID server and I did rip an original BD.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Djoss said:

Yes it does!  I have a Blue-ray drive connected via USB to the unRAID server and I did rip an original BD.

How do you specify a USB drive to the Docker to use for ripping?

Share this post


Link to post

Same thing as an internal drive.  In my case, the device is /dev/sr0, so I just add --device /dev/sr0 in extra parameters.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hmmmm, I have an old SATA drive laying around I wonder if it'll just pop in and boot right up and in. Then again might be better to grab one of those USB to SATA conversion gizmo's. 

 

Like usual Djoss thanks for all your efforts. 

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, kizer said:

Hmmmm, I have an old SATA drive laying around I wonder if it'll just pop in and boot right up and in. Then again might be better to grab one of those USB to SATA conversion gizmo's. 

 

Like usual Djoss thanks for all your efforts. 

 

No need to use any converter. Just install the drive and add the above device tag that @Djoss wrote and you should have the drive in makemkv.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, saarg said:

 

No need to use any converter. Just install the drive and add the above device tag that @Djoss wrote and you should have the drive in makemkv.

Only thinking of using a USB to SATA so I could use externally since I don't have any bays left to slide in a drive. ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, kizer said:

Only thinking of using a USB to SATA so I could use externally since I don't have any bays left to slide in a drive. ;-)

 

Double sided tape and drill a hole in the case :P

 

If you have no space it's clear that a USB adaptor is the way to go. 

Share this post


Link to post

The output folders and files don't have enough write permission for Windows to manipulate the files.  Maybe 777?

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think the disk eject when the rip is done is working.  I put in a DVD and it ripped, but the disk has not ejected.

 

EDIT: Just noticed this error in the log:

Jul 1 10:25:02 MediaServer kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev sr0, sector 8480772
Jul 1 10:25:02 MediaServer kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev sr0, logical block 2120193, async page read

Maybe this is why the disk did not eject.

Edited by dlandon

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, dlandon said:

The output folders and files don't have enough write permission for Windows to manipulate the files.  Maybe 777?

 Ok I will fix that.  It seems that MakeMKV sets itself permissions on the files, ignoring its umask.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, dlandon said:

I don't think the disk eject when the rip is done is working.  I put in a DVD and it ripped, but the disk has not ejected.

 

EDIT: Just noticed this error in the log:


Jul 1 10:25:02 MediaServer kernel: blk_update_request: I/O error, dev sr0, sector 8480772
Jul 1 10:25:02 MediaServer kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev sr0, logical block 2120193, async page read

Maybe this is why the disk did not eject.

In the docker container's log, do you see a message like "Ejecting disc from drive ..."?

 

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Djoss said:

In the docker container's log, do you see a message like "Ejecting disc from drive ..."?

 

I'm converting a lot of ripped vob files to mkv and I lost that log.  I'll run another test and let you know when I get a chance to rip a DVD.

Share this post


Link to post

Here is the log from a failed eject attempt:

[makemkvcon] Current progress - 100%, Total process - 100%
[makemkvcon] 7 titles saved
[makemkvcon] Copy complete. 7 titles saved.
[autoDiscRipper] Disc rip terminated successfully.
[autoDiscRipper] Ejecting disc from drive 0 (/dev/sr0)...
[autoDiscRipper] ERROR: Failed to eject drive 0 (/dev/sr0).

 

Share this post


Link to post

Could you log to the container (docker exec -ti MakeMKV sh) and run the following commands:

 

eject /dev/sr0

 

eject -s /dev/sr0

Please post output of these commands and tell if one worked for you.

Share this post


Link to post
eject /dev/sr0

Ejected the disk.  No output.

 

eject -s /dev/sr0

Failed with output: eject: /dev/sr0: Operation not permitted

Share this post


Link to post

You can try the latest version.  Both the output file permissions and disc ejection issues are fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Djoss said:

You can try the latest version.  Both the output file permissions and disc ejection issues are fixed.

Worked perfect.  Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post

Djoss thank you for all the video containers, by any chance a Tsmuxer version in the works?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, McKentin said:

Djoss thank you for all the video containers, by any chance a Tsmuxer version in the works?

 

I can add it to my todo list :)

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Djoss said:

 

I can add it to my todo list :)

That would be awesome, nice addition to the other video software you did. Then all the "most" important video tools works on Unraid.

Share this post


Link to post

does this docker have java installed? for makemkv to detect the correct playlist of the bluray disc? if yes where is it located?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.