YAMJ on unRAID

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys!  Not sure if my question is related to YAMJ. I recently tried a Dynamic version of YAMJ, NMTServer.  Now while running YAMJ, I notice on mu unRAID Tower I get these

Mar 15 22:55:37 Tower vsftpd[11870]: connect from 192.168.1.2 (192.168.1.2)
Mar 15 22:55:37 Tower vsftpd: Tue Mar 15 22:55:37 2011 [pid 11871] CONNECT: Client "192.168.1.2"
Mar 15 22:55:37 Tower vsftpd: Tue Mar 15 22:55:37 2011 [pid 11870] [anonymous] FAIL LOGIN: Client "192.168.1.2"

repeating throughout.  What are they?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm new to unRAID and the forums. I am trying to get YAMJ set up but it won't complete a scan. I'm using the Intel SS4200-E box which uses a celeron processor and has 512mb ram. Here's a copy and paste from the telnet session, could the limited memory be the cause? Thanks!

Indexing libraries...

Indexing Other...

Indexing Genres...

Indexing Title...

Indexing Rating...

Indexing Year...

Indexing Library...

Indexing Set...

Sorting Indexes ...

Indexing masters...

Writing movie data...

./MovieJukebox.sh: line 5:  2765 Killed                  java -Xms256m -Xmx1024 -classpath .:./resources:./lib/* com.moviejukebox.MovieJukebox "$@"

root@Tower:~#

Thanks for the replies. I set up the swap file and that worked although it took a long time to complete. I may do as Tom suggests on page 6 and run it from my PC. I will upgrade the memory though as I think it will help going forward. I am really enjoying the simplicity of unRAID.

Gregg

• 3 weeks later...

Okay figured out why my Jukebox setting wasn't working like that mentioned by Tom.

Setup:

Have all the Jukebox, YAMJ and index.htm files on an ssd with share Jukebox and a symlink to Media folder.

the problem with the Popcorn Hour was that the share was setup as a NFS share. I now realise after much headbanging that NFS shares won't see symlinks. You have to set it up as a Samba share.

Question:

I believe to setup a NFS share I have to mount the folder is that right?

How do I do that?

cd /mnt/user/Jukebox
mnt -t ?? /mnt/user/Media /mnt/user/Jukebox/Media

What goes in the ????

When I browse to the jukebox on the ssd, no other hdd should spin up right?

thanks Josh

I have mine running from an ssd. Just an elcheapo kingston 30gb one.

Could probably run from a usb flash drive too if you wanted. I used the symlinks as mentioned by Tom on page 6 I think it is. You just have to make sure you use samba shares as symlinks aren't visable in NFS.

I asked a question a few posts back about poss mounting for NFs but didn't get an answer so not sure about the process for NFS.

Thanks Josh

The problem that I'm having is that after watching a movie or when I first sit down to watch one, I try to get back to the movie wall and if the array is not spun up, the PCH hangs and eventually all I get is a black screen. I have to do a hard reset on the PCH and then everything is fine. I think it's taking too long for the array to spin up and it is giving the PCH problems.

A USB drive would be simpler than a RAMdisk or SSD for me. Think this might solve the problem?

neilt0, do you mean that you have all of yamj on your cache drive or just the jukebox?

Thanks

neilt0, do you mean that you have all of yamj on your cache drive or just the jukebox?

I have all of YAMJ running from the cache drive, and my cache drive doesn't usually spin down, as it's always doing other tasks.

I put everything in \\MICRO\cache\Movies (where MICRO is my server).

That way, if I open \\MICRO\Movies on the PCH, it automatically will open YAMJ's index.htm .

\\MICRO\cache\Movies\YAMJ\My_YAMJ.sh looks like this:

#/bin/bash

# Include path to Java binary directory
PATH="$PATH:/usr/lib/java/bin"

# Change into YAMJ directory and execute the MovieJukebox script
# The -o option specifies where to put the generated index.htm and Jukebox directory.
cd /mnt/cache/Movies/YAMJ ; ./MovieJukebox.sh My_Library.xml -o /mnt/cache/Movies

P.S. I don't use the mover script at all. It's completely disabled. So, be careful with that.

I don't know if putting it on my cache drive will be any better for me. I've only been up and running for a couple of days and I have yet to even use my cache drive. I'm leaning towards a USB thumbdrive. That or spinning up the array before I want to watch a movie...

I don't know if putting it on my cache drive will be any better for me. I've only been up and running for a couple of days and I have yet to even use my cache drive. I'm leaning towards a USB thumbdrive. That or spinning up the array before I want to watch a movie...

There's no reason why you couldn't put the whole structure on your unRAID flash drive.

YAMJ and the Jukebox don't take up much room. That's assuming you don't run yamj-rescan too often so as to wear out the drive.

I was thinking along the same lines. I think I have enough space. I have 3.9GB free and my jukebox is only 1.1GB. the rest of the YAMJ files don't add up to much. I add new stuff and run rescans everyday or maybe every other day. Think that is too often for my boot drive to handle?

If I go the cache drive route, can I still mount my Movie share on the PCH, or is there no need to? Just mount the cache share, and it will just reference the Movies on /mnt/user/Media/[TV | Movies] ok?  I think I recall it being a problem doing something like this since PCH can only (natively) mount one drive at a time.  I could always do so by SSHing in and mounting drives with the 'mount' command.

And if I do the Cache drive, I'll place it in a '.yamj' folder so the mover script will skip it.

If I go the cache drive route, can I still mount my Movie share on the PCH, or is there no need to? Just mount the cache share, and it will just reference the Movies on /mnt/user/Media/[TV | Movies] ok?  I think I recall it being a problem doing something like this since PCH can only (natively) mount one drive at a time.

Not 100% sure what you mean but if you mount the cache share within the pch, the easiest is to create a symlink from the cache to the media files. (Can only do Samba)

-cache\Movies\-->YAMJ

-->Jukebox

-->@movies (symlink to mnt/user/movies)

you can then also put the mnt/user/movies into the PCH also so if you haven't updated the YAMJ wall you can still browse through the files individually.

Replace cache with usb or SSD.

My setup is with ssd as disk 20 so that I also get parity protection of my artwork etc.

I was thinking along the same lines. I think I have enough space. I have 3.9GB free and my jukebox is only 1.1GB. the rest of the YAMJ files don't add up to much. I add new stuff and run rescans everyday or maybe every other day. Think that is too often for my boot drive to handle?

I'd just get a new USB drive. you should have plenty of USB ports and they are cheap.

Josh

Thanks.  What I was referring to is the PCH can only mount one drive through the Network Browser.  If you were to install busybox, and mount the drives via telnet/ssh, you could mount more than one network drive at a time.  I was asking if the Cache share and the Media share would need to be mounted at the same time, but I guess the symlinks is the work around.

ok. I'm trying to use another usb flashdrive (actually it's an SD card in a usb reader) to house my YAMJ folders, jukebox and index file so there won't be a hangup or delays when accessing the index file from the PCH. I have the flashdrive plugged in but I'm stuck as to how exactly to add it to the array. It's not showing up in my Devices tab and I can't assign it.

It does show up in myMain and Main in unMenu in the unprotected section with a big NEW label next to it. Do I need to Preclear it or something?

Also If I just add it to my array, won't it just go into my Movies share? How do I get it to be a separate space so that I can run YAMJ from it and point my PCH to the index file?

Sorry, this is my first rodeo on linux...

I don't think you can mount the usb into the array, you have to mount it separately outside of the array. You can try something like the snap add on or the myMain may have some simpler solution to mount the usb drive.

If you do it manually it is possible but can be more difficult, esp if you haven't used linux much.

If someone doesn't get back I'll have a look later if I get the chance.

Josh

• 2 weeks later...

I'm setting this up now.  How many threads have you guys configured for a single core processor? I have the AMD Sempron 140, and right now have it set to 1 thread for processing, and 2 threads for downloading.  Think I can bump the processing threads up to at least 2?

Also, after I'm satisfied with this set up (running off my cache drive, copying Jukebox to my /mnt/user/Media share), I'm thinking of configuring this, if possible: http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showthread.php?tid=49826

It's a Linux script that will autorun YAMJ when your Media directories have been changed.