unRAID 5.0

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... Or add an "are you sure" to stop.

"Are you sure" prompts can be so annoying! 

(Yes, damnit, I'm sure!!)

It's not like it's going to format all my disks.  ::) 

true true

however it does spin up all your disks and if you run the cache script also lose your entire cache.

A Quick search brought up.

http://code.google.com/p/untorrent/

That's not mine. 

Somebody (Username: hiltner.11) posted it there under his own Google Code account.

I have no access rights to that page.

Yes, that was I who did that.  I think i mentioned it back in the untorrent thread a long time back.  I created it because i had started to create an unmenu package to install untorrent. I ended up not getting around to the unmenu package...

If you would like access let me know and I will give you full rights OR we can create one based on the naming convention of unraid-untorrent... whatever you like.

... Or add an "are you sure" to stop.

"Are you sure" prompts can be so annoying! 

(Yes, damnit, I'm sure!!)

It's not like it's going to format all my disks.  ::) 

true true

however it does spin up all your disks and if you run the cache script also lose your entire cache.

I'd much rather it does that, than insult my intelligence ala microsoft style.

Are you telling me that when you see such prompt, you give it a pause, sit back, light up a cigarette,

and do some thinking...  "Hmmm... Now let's see... Am I sure I want to do that?" 

I'd much rather it does that, than insult my intelligence ala microsoft style.

Are you telling me that when you see such prompt, you give it a pause, sit back, light up a cigarette,

and do some thinking...  "Hmmm... Now let's see... Am I sure I want to do that?" 

Yes. Sorta.  When I do a destructive operation I always pause before pressing the final key.

With some of the buttons I've accidentally pressed them.

With the recent udev/unformatted situation, The button popped up right under my mouse.

Just the other morning. I woke up at 4am because I could not sleep. my workstation was locked up, so I rebooted it. I had to do a few fsck's, I suppose with all my testing I typed mke2fs instead.

Just before I pressed enter I looked and realized. I don't want to do that.

An extra check for destructive operations is not so bad.

An extra check for destructive operations is not so bad.

I fully agree with you if we're talking about destructive operations.  Stopping the array is not a destructive operation.

Other things (like assigning a data disk in the parity slot, for one example) can be way more destructive.

I am not completely against "Are you sure?" popup windows,

as long as they have a "Don't ever ask me that again!" checkbox.

@ limetech

Since you are redesigning the whole web interface are you planning to add support for different languages beside English?

Maybe to read all the labels for the buttons etc. from a file so that you just have to change this file if you want to choose a different language? 

Looking good thanks for the preview.

Can you look at the spacing location of refresh and stop buttons. Putting the button that is pressed the most "refresh" beside the button that is pressed the least "stop" has always seemed like a risk to me.

Or add an "are you sure" to stop.

First thing I thought of when I saw that image.

/Very excited for version 5. Thanks Tom!

Archived